Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Did we break our record yesterday, signing a potential superstar? only, I'm pretty sure we did. Try googling Boufal and seeing the calibre of club chasing him. Consider that Chelsea came in last week and tried to nab him, but that he chose us.

If we had delayed the announcement until 22:59 today, would everyone be excited right now?

Personally, I think the top 3 signings we have made, Redmond, Hojberg, Boufal - are absolute high grade quality. Once Long and Austin hit form, we'll be golden.

Just be thankful we haven't spent >60m on Bolasie and Sissoko, now that is some crazy **** right there... (If koeman left because we didn't want to spend 30m on sissoko, I think we made a lucky escape)

Surely if someone was still being signed someone somewhere would have got wind of it by now.

Who knows? Hojberg basically came out of nowhere and Pied was signed at 11pm on a random weekday when most links implied he'd turned us down.

I think all optimism died when the club apologists changed scripts from "the window is still open" to "we breed not buy success"

"Club apologists" Que? You mean the fans who are willing to give the Club the benefit of the doubt, because of the incredible success we've enjoyed for the last five years? You mean the fans who don't slate the new manager and players after only a few games? You mean the patient optimists, as opposed to the knee-jerk pessimists? Those guys?

Time to start placing dates on when Boufal will be fit to be picked for the first team. This is not a signing ready to slot right into the team. How long did it take Clasie?

I'm going for next February before Boufal is playing regularly for the first team.

Have a hunch we'll announce Oxo on a loan at the last minute.

Time to start placing dates on when Boufal will be fit to be picked for the first team. This is not a signing ready to slot right into the team. How long did it take Clasie?

I'm going for next February before Boufal is playing regularly for the first team.

Have a hunch we'll announce Oxo on a loan at the last minute.

Have a look at video today I think weeks rather than months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just about to ask the same question...

If they're following the script, cue a "so, alternative opinions on a message board aren't allowed now are they?" retort from one of the usual protagonists any moment now.

Act 7 Scene 3.... And, action....

:)

If they're following the script, cue a "so, alternative opinions on a message board aren't allowed now are they?" retort from one of the usual protagonists any moment now.

Act 7 Scene 3.... And, action....

:)

I just have no idea what a club apologist is.

It's all a bit of a **** take really leaving us woeful short up front when we've got a European campaign ahead of us which the fans have bought into through season tickets etc.

Leaves a sour taste and makes me think what was the point.

So disappointed (ok it's not 11pm just yet but I won't hold my breath)

I wonder whether people would be feeling more positive if Boufal was fit and raring to go and wasn't going to be absent for the AFCON? Just an observation. Some of the negativity is perhaps due to the fact that many realise it is possible that our exciting record signing may not have too much of an impact on the season we will likely be playing out the next month or longer with a team that doesn't look capable of scoring enough goals.

Great signing but only difference if it happened todAy souls be relief it happened. Either way I think we needed more and frustrated we haven't done it.

It's funny, you're right about sissoko etc, but at the same time we'd be a better team with him in it. Same with a few others who've moved recently. Nice to be well run but it's not like it costs us anything and we want to see the best team possible! Still, I'd be happy if we were spending net 15-20m each summer. I mean that must be feasible for a top half Prem club surely?

Spurs in for sissoko now. Poor old everton.

Be interesting to see how they do this one. Only worth £16m this morning now they match Everton's £30m while he is on his way to Liverpool with about an hour left. This could fall through out of time.

It's all a bit of a **** take really leaving us woeful short up front when we've got a European campaign ahead of us which the fans have bought into through season tickets etc.

Leaves a sour taste and makes me think what was the point.

So disappointed (ok it's not 11pm just yet but I won't hold my breath)

Are you 8?

Think there is a possibility puel views boufal as the answer to our striker problems, didn't he use Ben arfa as one of the two up top in this same formation? Bouffal being very simular in style looks ideal to be his New Ben arfa project and would mean tadic keeping his place as the playmaker ?

Think there is a possibility puel views boufal as the answer to our striker problems, didn't he use Ben arfa as one of the two up top in this same formation? Bouffal being very simular in style looks ideal to be his New Ben arfa project and would mean tadic keeping his place as the playmaker ?

He utilised Ben Arfa in the "No.10" position.

I wonder whether people would be feeling more positive if Boufal was fit and raring to go and wasn't going to be absent for the AFCON? Just an observation. Some of the negativity is perhaps due to the fact that many realise it is possible that our exciting record signing may not have too much of an impact on the season we will likely be playing out the next month or longer with a team that doesn't look capable of scoring enough goals.

Possibly, but I think that if we had 6+ points in the bag, it would be different.

Possibly, but I think that if we had 6+ points in the bag, it would be different.

Agreed, but just wonder if some almost aren't counting the signing of Boufal in their appraisal of the window given that he may not feature much. Sounds odd I appreciate.

Was hoping to see another player coming in, however I do think we have a squad that should finish in the top 8-10.

Forster

Cedric - Van Dijk - Fonte - Bertrand

Hojbjerg - Romeu/Reed

Redmond - Boufal - Tadic

Long/Austin/Rodriguez

A very decent squad that has played together for some time. Just ditch the diamond, or make it work very soon.

Are you 8?

Listen son, people pay a lot of money and want to be entertained and that, in the world of football, means scoring goals.

If you think we're all set up for another top 6 finish and a decent tilt at the Europa league then good luck to ya.

This transfer window has been a disaster.

Btw I'm 46 and seen it all before

Was hoping to see another player coming in, however I do think we have a squad that should finish in the top 8-10.

Forster

Cedric - Van Dijk - Fonte - Bertrand

Hojbjerg - Romeu/Reed

Redmond - Boufal - Tadic

Long/Austin/Rodriguez

A very decent squad that has played together for some time. Just ditch the diamond, or make it work very soon.

So our top 10 squad is 11 players plus 3?