Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Dale Stephens has left Brighton training... Hull and Burnley both want him.

Premier League. Baffling.

Brighton have rejected the bid and his transfer request.

To be fair, he was always a tidy player - was amazingly good for Brighton last year.

SLIMANI HEADING FOR MEDICAL

We understand that Islam Slimani is on his way to Bologna in Italy for his Leicester medical.

This morning, he left the Algerian national team training camp. We believe the fee is around £27m.

Quality signing.

So if Stoke do get Bony, what does that mean for Berahino...?

He'll sit around in the dump which is the Hawthorns for another few months, before we go through this all over again.

I thought he should have gone in this window (although he still may) but the longer he stays at WBA, he's killing his career. The kid has ability, but he's finished at WBA. Listen to the reaction he got when he was brought on at the weekend and the boo's directed at him when he misplaced a pass.

Jim White ✔ @JimWhite

They're working on a number of deals but @Everton majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri tells me it's an 'insane' window. #DeadlineDay

Manolo Gabbiadini will not go to Everton. The English club announced at Napoli want to forgo the purchase attacker's 24-year old, tired of repeated delays suffered by negotiation that could have been closed based on 25 million euro.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/30-08-2016/napoli-gabbiadini-niente-everton-nessun-colpo-attacco-sarri-160993093828.shtml?refresh_ce-cp

All this ''We understand'' ''I understand'' ''Our sources have told me'' ''It's understood'' from Sky Sports new is annoying as ****.

They have actually been known to make stuff up on deadline day, I cannot find the article now but there was a club who totally denied there ever being a potential move. It's just for their viewing figures, when today is really no different to other days in the transfer window. All you get happening today (in the main) is chuff and crap, who are made to sound like world beaters and turn out to be flops 80% of the time

I can't understand why we didn't move in earlier for Bony.

Some goof deals being made by other clubs so far.

He's a very similar type of player to Austin. Whether you think that's a good or bad thing I'll leave that for you to decide...

SUNDERLAND LATEST

We understand Sunderland have agreed a pre-contract with Yann M'Vila to sign him in January, but they want him now.

Ruben Kazan want £7m to sell him now, and he's recently posted a pic on his Instagram story with the caption "hello London!". Presumably he is heading up north.

Also, the Black Cats have stepped up their interest in Steven Naismith, who is currently with the Scotland camp in Glasgow.

However, they will not be signing Jay Rodriguez, despite interest in taking him on loan from Southampton.

I frankly wouldn't blame JRod, or Austin for that matter, to want a transfer. Puel's formation is not really suited to traditional striker types. Its more about attacking mids.

From what ive been told, Stoke prepared to pay £100k of his wages a week.

In this day an age, a forward signs a 4 or 5 year contract for £30m and expects £70k+ a week. £2m loan fee and £100k a week makes "sense" in this madness we find ourselves in.

They were going to have the chat this morning but Claude was still out on the training pitch working on the diamond.

What Jack Wheelchair !!!???

He is Darren Anderton re-incarnate.

No thanks..

read somewhere else, our recent signings are not an example of playing lots of games.

Turkish says...

Austin - signed when injured never fully fit

Boufaul - signed when injured

Redmond - Injury prone

Pied - Injured as soon as he joined

McCarthy - Played 10 times since September 2014

Hoejberg - Average less that 20 games in the last 4 season

Stuart Taylor - played 27 times since 2005

fair points and indicates that Jack would fit right in.

what time does the window "SLAM SHUT"?

hate that phrase

I hate the term 'business' when the context is buying/selling players. Sure, by definition it may well qualify, but it never used to be referred to as 'Good Business' or 'Bad Business' or 'so&so are yet to complete their business'. Hate it with a passion, and only a visual dose of Hayley McQueen takes the edge off it.

I hate the term 'business' when the context is buying/selling players. Sure, by definition it may well qualify, but it never used to be referred to as 'Good Business' or 'Bad Business' or 'so&so are yet to complete their business'. Hate it with a passion, and only a visual dose of Hayley McQueen takes the edge off it.

Amen. A horrible skysportsnews-ism devised to make second-rate pundits & reporters sound intellectual. Anyone repeating it sounds anything but.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I think Austin is being given a lot of unfair stick on here, he's never really had an opportunity to mount a challenge here and peoples expectations of him are a little skewed. I think he's our most natural centre forward, we're all crying out for a 'proven 15-20 goal' striker...well, he's the closest we have to that!

100% agree. We haven't seen half of him, let alone the best of him.