Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

49265931b0fe37d989a18a7a27fe7fcd.jpg

These guys are normally on the money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am happy with £8.5m - I find it all so depressing that everyone is splashing out such ridiculous sums, and that others (a lot here) think it a lack of "ambition" that we aren't joining in but have "only" bought 3 players in at £11m, £12.8m and £16m!!

GAH!! I think we should keep him.

We need to keep him at all costs hes shown signs that he can get back to his best, cant see him coming back if he goes & we are woefully short of quality strikers the rest are not good enough at their current fitness levels

John Percy

‏@JPercyTelegraph

Jay Rodriguez could still leave #saintsfc on loan today. West Brom, Hull and Sunderland all pushing to sign him

FFS is Leslie on a suicide mission this summer?

How has he managed to **** up so badly this summer? Unbearable to watch us chuck away the opportunity we had and the momentum from last season.

Saying that the window is still open and we've had decent deadline surprises before. Keep the faith in Les we trust

Why would it be an "utter disgrace"?

Jimmy Saville was an utter disgrace, us sending out a player who has hardly played in 3 years, needs game time and is our third choice striker is not. If he goes we will replace him.

Getting rid of a proven premier league goalscorer that finally fit and gifting him to a premier league rival whilst at best Saints will be gambling on some unproven last minute addition lilke Haller to take his place.

FFS is Leslie on a suicide mission this summer?

How has he managed to **** up so badly this summer? Unbearable to watch us chuck away the opportunity we had and the momentum from last season.

Saying that the window is still open and we've had decent deadline surprises before. Keep the faith in Les we trust

Funnier and funnier!

Getting rid of a proven premier league goalscorer that finally fit and gifting him to a premier league rival whilst at best Saints will be gambling on some unproven last minute addition lilke Haller to take his place.

At the weekend he scored his first goal for two years (and only because the keeper screwed up), he looks a shadow of his former self and needs game time to get his form back.

Everton have bid £35m for Brahimi from Porto #GlassCeilingSmashed #Who #FloodlightsAndDugouts

Spending that kind of money would be seen as a good window to us though and that's on just one player, we can't mock that, comments like that make us look insecure and wounded over losing Koeman.

Looking at it from a club/coaching point of view - we have 3 players up front who all lack real height and power, We don't have a 'leading the line' centre forward and maybe the club felt that they need one, just to give the manager an alternative option. If the interest in Haller is true, then we'll have to ship one of our current front players out on loan to make way - Jay would make the most sense, he needs to play regular football and if he gets that elsewhere and rebuilds his career than it's a win-win. He's too good to be sat around on the bench playing rotation with 3 other players in my opinion.

Will be interesting to see what happens and whilst I'll be disappointed to see him leave, as I've always been a huge fan of his, I could understand it from the clubs point of view.

Looking at it from a club/coaching point of view - we have 3 players up front who all lack real height and power, We don't have a 'leading the line' centre forward and maybe the club felt that they need one, just to give the manager an alternative option. If the interest in Haller is true, then we'll have to ship one of our current front players out on loan to make way - Jay would make the most sense, he needs to play regular football and if he gets that elsewhere and rebuilds his career than it's a win-win. He's too good to be sat around on the bench playing rotation with 3 other players in my opinion.

Will be interesting to see what happens and whilst I'll be disappointed to see him leave, as I've always been a huge fan of his, I could understand it from the clubs point of view.

I would try and get rid of Austin if we're looking to bring in another striker if we need to get rid of one....

Jay is our best 'all round' striker, can play in the system Puel wants to play, has got pace, can shoot from distance and decent in the air. no brainer to keep him IMO.

Bony and Morgan, now that would massively improve our squad. Wages would be the issue suppose.

Really wish we would be in for these sort of players, looking at some 22 year old in the dutch league for £10 million when a proven premier league goal scorer like Bony is available, it's almost like we've become football hipsters in our transfer dealings.

of course Saints are renowned for doing deals "under the radar " but if Haller has the goal-scoring success that is boasted...then he (potentially) looks like a good buy

.......so why the arguing about paying out £8.5 million. Of course everyone has a price, but surely in the present market situation it's " no big deal ".... even for Saints .

I would try and get rid of Austin if we're looking to bring in another striker if we need to get rid of one....

Jay is our best 'all round' striker, can play in the system Puel wants to play, has got pace, can shoot from distance and decent in the air. no brainer to keep him IMO.

I think Austin is being given a lot of unfair stick on here, he's never really had an opportunity to mount a challenge here and peoples expectations of him are a little skewed. I think he's our most natural centre forward, we're all crying out for a 'proven 15-20 goal' striker...well, he's the closest we have to that!

Bony and Morgan, now that would massively improve our squad. Wages would be the issue suppose.

Really wish we would be in for these sort of players, looking at some 22 year old in the dutch league for £10 million when a proven premier league goal scorer like Bony is available, it's almost like we've become football hipsters in our transfer dealings.

We seem to have more ambitions off the field than on it. Making a profit seems to be more important than winning something or finishing top 6 again.

While Bony and Morgan would be great they offer little re-sale value and that's all we seem motivated by.

We are far weaker now than we were in May but hey ho we have made a tidy transfer profit

I think Austin is being given a lot of unfair stick on here, he's never really had an opportunity to mount a challenge here and peoples expectations of him are a little skewed. I think he's our most natural centre forward, we're all crying out for a 'proven 15-20 goal' striker...well, he's the closest we have to that!

You could replace Austin with Billy Sharp in these kind of posts and it would be 2013 all over again.

The difference is we know Austin can score in the Prem.

He had a decent based season but if we are to play a possession based system with fluidity needed from the forwards, I don't think Austin will work out here. His all round game is poor, much like Sharp and plenty on here failed to understand that a few seasons ago.

We seem to have more ambitions off the field than on it. Making a profit seems to be more important than winning something or finishing top 6 again.

While Bony and Morgan would be great they offer little re-sale value and that's all we seem motivated by.

We are far weaker now than we were in May but hey ho we have made a tidy transfer profit

I forward (Not) to your next post in 20 minutes time with all the same old laboured points rehashed. Any chance of changing the tact to something people may just engage with you on?

Of course making a profit is the most important thing as long as we stay in the Premier League. Maybe the Board is convinced there are three teams that are considerably weaker to ensure we at least finish 17th. Job done with a nice tidy profit !

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 45s45 seconds ago

Sunderland are trying for Jay Rodriguez with Southampton happy for him to go on loan but hearing at least five clubs keen.

Saints 'rolling over' again. I think he would be better in the Championship away from our rivals.

Of course making a profit is the most important thing as long as we stay in the Premier League. Maybe the Board is convinced there are three teams that are considerably weaker to ensure we at least finish 17th. Job done with a nice tidy profit !

This is patently nonsense , but well done.