Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Ok, just over 24 hours to go of the summer 2016 transfer window to go and will there be any final day business or madness at St Mary's???

Arsenal have gone a day early with their last minute panic buys and Watford have started signing anyone with a pulse. Jim White is no doubt priming himself to overhype even the smallest deal and Sky will be sending out correspondents to repetitively inform us there will be no incomings or outgoings at this club or that.

Tick, tock; tick, tock...

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Personally don't think we'll sign anyone, but if I could choose a position it'd be striker. Haller probably, as he'd scored lots of goals in Holland in the last 18 months and offers something different to what we have already. Can't see us bringing in Saponara now we have Boufal but you never know. Just one signing would at least give us something to get excited about, rather than watch Hull scrabble around in the last 12 hours looking for anyone that has two legs and can kick a football. I'd LOL at a late move for Lukaku and Barkley by one of the big clubs too...

Naturally we all want Saints to sign a DM, RB, CB, AM and STR but there's more chance of me banging Taylor Swift than that happening.

French Internatinitedonal and Liverpool central defender Sakho is available and would provide a good addition should Fonte depart today for United. One wonders whether Puel as manager would make Saints more appealing to the player than Stoke and West Brom who he turned down.

I personally expect no more movements in or out.

The Echo is going on about the RB situation, but I suspect Pied's injury occurred too late to organise a decent replacement transfer. Besides, this one leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it seems we are purely going for a profit on Martina

I guess J-Rod will stay, since we dont want to cough up for another striker clearly, and I guess the Fonte contract issue will go unresolved, maybe until January.

Bearing this in mind, I would like to state my opinion about what a p*ss-poor window this has been. We lost Mane, Wanyama and Pelle from the first XI, and signed two injured players. Outstanding.

The Echo is going on about the RB situation, but I suspect Pied's injury occurred too late to organise a decent replacement transfer. Besides, this one leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it seems we are purely going for a profit on Martina

I guess J-Rod will stay, since we dont want to cough up for another striker clearly, and I guess the Fonte contract issue will go unresolved, maybe until January.

Bearing this in mind, I would like to state my opinion about what a p*ss-poor window this has been. We lost Mane, Wanyama and Pelle from the first XI, and signed two injured players. Outstanding.

ok you have made your point (again) and i get you. Now anyone for a sweepstake on how many more times today we will read a rehashed version if this post?

Oh, I dunno. She's always looking for a failed relationship with some parrot-punching loser type to sing about. ;)

Taylor Swift has about 50 songs about breakups and men leaving her, yet no songs about oral gratification or back door shananogans. I guess you can guess where I am going with this.........:lol:

Seriously though i reckon we have already got our strikers in the clubs eyes and theyll have a DM who will be waiting for a non existant bit from a big 4 club before signing at 9.55 and 24 seconds .

Completely ignoring the fact that we have signed 6 players, only 1 is coming back from injury and he is our club record signing. Alpine Saint cherry picking facts since Nov 2006.

Yes' date=' sorry about that. Beer + thinking + typing + tiredness!! ��[/quote']

aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae.

OK some quick maths to see what's in Les pockets for today....

Transfer budget 2016/17 +£20m

Player sales +£65m

Players in -£40m

Agent fees and other transfer related expenses -£15m

Balance = £30m

I think we will get a nice surprise today, 1 BIG transfer or two more around the 10/15m each

Exciting day for sure

Oh well. There's always a 48-pack of Ferrero Rocher there to keep your spirits up.

Player sales +£65m

Players in -£40m

Balance = £30m

I think we will get a nice surprise today, 1 BIG transfer or two more around the 10/15m each

Exciting day for sure

Whilst I'd love to see us get two more in today, a big DM and striker/forward, can't see either happening or us spending £30 million.

Player sales +£65m

Players in -£40m

Balance = £30m

Exciting day for sure

Stop it, you scamp.

Whilst I'd love to see us get two more in today, a big DM and striker/forward, can't see either happening or us spending £30 million.

Just have a feeling Les will surprise us. With the money available and the Europe campaign think we will get a decent signing in today.

We do our business quietly so wouldn't be surprised if it's a signing nobody has been talking about

Shame if we don't bring anyone in. Would be interested in any update from the ITKs as to what happened to the other player we were chasing.

Got to say that it does feel as though we are a bit short. We really are relying on Boufal to hit the ground running, if he doesn't then our team is basically as it has been in the first three games and, IMO, we don't have enough firepower.

Player sales +£65m

Players in -£40m

Balance = £30m

Exciting day for sure

Textbook

SUNDERLAND IN TALKS WITH N'DONG

Sunderland could be set to smash their transfer record today with the signing of Gabon midfielder Didier N'Dong.

We understand they are in advanced talks with Lorient over the midfielder and he's set to travel to Sunderland today for a medical.

Their previous transfer record is £13m - for Asamoah Gyan six years ago. I understand the fee could eclipse that.

N'Dong is one of up to four or five players Sunderland could sign today.

aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae.

All the letters must be present as well though, so "Daedlne" doesn't meet the requirements...!

depends what 'matters' to you I suppose. It took me an extra 3 seconds to read that sentence. that's 3 seconds I'll never get back, and that equates to 0.00000012% of my likely lifetime. too many sentences like those and I will have wasted my life.

SISSOKO UPDATE

Sky sources understand Newcastle will sell Moussa Sissoko to Tottenham.

We understand Newcastle want £30m for the midfielder and the club will accept five payments of £6m per instalment.

The Premier League and Sky have created such a monstrosity with the massive injections of capital they have put in. The figures being bandied about this transfer window are absolutely ridiculous.