Europa League - Hapoel Be'er Sheva travel/accommodation thread

stevegrant

This thread is for people to discuss travel, accommodation, sightseeing, ticketing arrangements for the trip to Hapoel Be'er Sheva.

Ticket details here: http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160831-europa-league-tickets-hapoel-beer-sheva-southampton-3282431.aspx

TICKETING

Price: £23

On Sale:

Tuesday 6th September 9am: Season Ticket Holders who went to Midtjylland last season - all people in this group are GUARANTEED a ticket. Those who bought a ticket but didn't attend have had their purchase record removed.

Wednesday 7th September 9am: ST holders with 15+ away games last season

Thursday 8th September 9am: ST holders with 13+ away games last season

Friday 9th September 9am: ST holders with 12+ away games last season

Friday 9th September 12noon: ST holders with 6+ away games last season

Monday 12th September 9am: ST holders with 2+ away games last season

Monday 12th September 12noon: All ST holders

Tuesday 13th September 9am: All members

Tuesday 13th September 12noon: General sale

I'll be there too - with 9 games last season I'm hoping it'll come down otherwise it's an expensive 48hrs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Think you'll be ok. I did the Denmark game but not all who did will go to Israel. And there were those who got tickets for thst match and didn't go, and they've been struck from their records.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

So are people planning on making the 11.06pm train back to Tel Aviv? The north/university station seems a bit closer but it still looks tight to make it after the game. Tel Aviv Savador center looks the most central station to go back to.

I'll be there too - with 9 games last season I'm hoping it'll come down otherwise it's an expensive 48hrs

Would be very surprised if you didn't get one. Reckon there's probably only around 800 or so who qualify with either Midtjylland or 12 aways, and not everyone's going to be able (or willing) to go to Israel at a month's notice.

I'll be amazed if we take close to 800. I'm sure that anyone who wants one will get one.

So are people planning on making the 11.06pm train back to Tel Aviv? The north/university station seems a bit closer but it still looks tight to make it after the game. Tel Aviv Savador center looks the most central station to go back to.

Giving it a swerve now, as you say it would be pretty tight even if we were able to make a quick getaway from the stadium. Hiring a minibus for a return journey from Tel Aviv on the day, heading straight back after the game.

Giving it a swerve now, as you say it would be pretty tight even if we were able to make a quick getaway from the stadium. Hiring a minibus for a return journey from Tel Aviv on the day, heading straight back after the game.

Give me or Dan a shout if you have any space for the way back.

I'm staying in Tel Aviv Weds night, then train to Beer Sheva on Thurs, staying overnight, early train back to Tel Aviv Fri (they stop at about 15:00), stay again and fly back late Sat. Only problem is getting to the airport - may be no trains.

the north station is closer to ground and train leaves from Central and then onto North aso you have more time to get there

46min walk according to google maps to North Station

Judging by the criteria it looks like Saints think we'll sell out, I doubt we'll have 400 there.

They did something similar for Denmark - it's the ID check that impacts more than anything, stops people who qualify but can't go (cost or practicalities) from buying tickets to keep priority but selling on to their mates.

With the ID check I think tickets might go to anyone with a buying history eventually. There can't be many with 15+ aways who didn't go to Midtjylland so that will only be a handful on top of the at most 550 allocation from Denmark, which means there will be at least 200 for the 13+es. Plus by then a lot of people will be put off by the cost, as those who really want to go will have already booked and pushed the flight and hotel prices up.

So, where's everyone drinking on matchday? I've been doing a bit of research, the BS North station is near the Uni, and there are student bars. Whether they'll be open on a Thursday afternoon... mmm, well it's a student bar...

10 seater minibus booked back to Tel Aviv for after the game. 6 spaces already taken, 4 left. £200 total cost so will be somewhere between £20-30 per person depending on how full it is. PM or reply to this if you want a seat.

2 spaces left.

Time to join the fray...

Sorry if i have missed something, but if the match kicks off at 6pm local time, surely there is plenty of time to make a return train to Tel Aviv?

1800hrs I think is the kick off time in the UK, 2000hrs local.

6pm BST I believe. Which is 8pm local

Ah yes, thank you. I am still weighing up a possible trip (Milan and Prague flights booked, tickets for the latter may be an issue for an infrequent away supporter, but hey-ho). I am inclined to share the view that anyone who wants a ticket should be able to get one for the Be'er Sheva game, surely?

I would have thought that the 2306 train back to Tel Aviv would be do-able too?

Ah yes, thank you. I am still weighing up a possible trip (Milan and Prague flights booked, tickets for the latter may be an issue for an infrequent away supporter, but hey-ho). I am inclined to share the view that anyone who wants a ticket should be able to get one for the Be'er Sheva game, surely?

I would have thought that the 2306 train back to Tel Aviv would be do-able too?

The ground is 4 km from the main station. The match starts at 8 pm, therefore finishes around 10. Even if you get straight out of the ground that's a push unless you know the local buses etc, and there's probably a good chance we'll get kept in after.

And me. Said I would be interested. Also we've sold just under 200 tickets so far.

+1. Anyone else staying in Be'er Shiva on Thurs night? I said I'd be interested in transport from Be'er Sheva centre to the stadium and back, as staying over.

They said there would be a drop- off in Be'er Sheva as well as Tel.Aviv

Edited by Shroppie

The club contacted all those who bought tickets on the first day (i.e. Midtjylland attendees) asking about interest in return coach transfers from Tel Aviv to Be'er Sheva on the day of the game. Fair to say they'll be running coaches, should be plenty of interest.

A good Idea, but a week or two late as I would guess that most not staying in Be'er Sheva have already made travel arrangements.

I'm surprised the club didn't suggest this earlier given that their package was never going ahead at that price.

I saw a flight combination earlier today for around £230. Was some hideous route via Cluj in Romania on the way out and with two changes on the way back, but would be comfortably the cheapest way of getting there.

If people have the holiday there are direct flights from Manchester to Tel Aviv out on the Tue and back on Sat for about £280. The small Northern Saints contingent travelling will be on these flights (except me who is flying Wed via Istanbul!). I'm sure we could find a bed for someone if needed prior to dept or arrival as flight back lands at 2am Sun morning! You could stop off at Leicester on the way home!

When i booked this trip getting a ticket (non ST holder) in the away end wasn't even an after thought. Just presumed we wouldn't take many at all. But the way the club did the ticket announcement, plus hearing we've already sold a fair few is making me a tad worried. Can we really sell out 800 alone let alone to ST holders? Someone comfort me..

If people have the holiday there are direct flights from Manchester to Tel Aviv out on the Tue and back on Sat for about £280. The small Northern Saints contingent travelling will be on these flights (except me who is flying Wed via Istanbul!). I'm sure we could find a bed for someone if needed prior to dept or arrival as flight back lands at 2am Sun morning! You could stop off at Leicester on the way home!

These are the flights we have booked payed £277, hotel booked on the Saturday night / Sunday morning then drive down to Leicester on the Sunday.

The club contacted all those who bought tickets on the first day (i.e. Midtjylland attendees) asking about interest in return coach transfers from Tel Aviv to Be'er Sheva on the day of the game. Fair to say they'll be running coaches, should be plenty of interest.

Any more news on this, Steve? Booked flights to Tel Aviv and bought match ticket today so just need to sort out the Be'er Sheva journey and then accommodation.

All my friends have wimped out / have good reasons not to go.

I'm planning on flying from Luton on Tuesday and back on Sunday. Maybe do a day trip to Jerusalem on the Sat. Anyone else planning anything similar?

I'm flying from Luton on Weds, then straight to Jerusalem. Staying overnight and sightseeing until early afternoon then bus or shared taxi to Be'er Sheva.

Staying there overnight then early to Tel Aviv on Friday, before the Sabbath kicks in. Then staying in Tel Aviv until flight back Sat evening.

Sure my path will cross with other Saints at some point!

I'm flying from Luton on Weds, then straight to Jerusalem. Staying overnight and sightseeing until early afternoon then bus or shared taxi to Be'er Sheva.

Staying there overnight then early to Tel Aviv on Friday, before the Sabbath kicks in. Then staying in Tel Aviv until flight back Sat evening.

Sure my path will cross with other Saints at some point!

I meant Luton on the Weds - not sure why I said Tuesday! Are you on the 12:25 or the earlier one? I

Any more news on this, Steve? Booked flights to Tel Aviv and bought match ticket today so just need to sort out the Be'er Sheva journey and then accommodation.

The last I heard was that they were almost certainly going to run some sort of transport. No idea whether they'll charge for it, how much it is, etc, though.