Europa League - Hapoel Be'er Sheva travel/accommodation thread

stevegrant

For some reason I can't post more than 3 times a day so this will be my last for today.

If you guys want I can try and close for you a pub at the area for you guys. For this I will need to know for how many. Than when you will go to the game we can have cabs for you. Should be no more than 2 pounds each.

Is there a general area in Be'er Sheva that is good for pubs and bars? The "Old Town" area? A lot of English football fans don't always like staying in one place all day, so good to find an area with a few different places to choose from.

Is there a general area in Be'er Sheva that is good for pubs and bars? The "Old Town" area? A lot of English football fans don't always like staying in one place all day, so good to find an area with a few different places to choose from.

I found this list of "student" bars on a blog. No idea where they are, but it's a starting point

Barbasaba

Ashan Hazman

Tapas bar

HaHalutz 33

Munchilla

Donkeys Bar

Cocoa

Roza

Manga

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

If anybody on here is flying on the Wednesday 12:20 Gatwick to Tel Aviv (via Ukraine) and need transport to the airport I will have 3 spare seats in my car.

Just been looking at the Tel Aviv airport site and it seems a Taxi is about £35 into Tel Aviv.

Buses are frequent. Just a matter of catching the right one !!

Is everybody still thinking that the train back to Tel Aviv after the game is not doable ?

If anybody on here is flying on the Wednesday 12:20 Gatwick to Tel Aviv (via Ukraine) and need transport to the airport I will have 3 spare seats in my car.

Just been looking at the Tel Aviv airport site and it seems a Taxi is about £35 into Tel Aviv.

Is everybody still thinking that the train back to Tel Aviv after the game is not doable ?

Pretty sure there will be a club bus but I wish they would get on with it. I don't want to be running for a train!

I was planning on getting the train to and from the airport into Tel aviv. Should the club not run coach travel to Beer Sheba then the walk to the train station has the makings of becoming a run if fans are held back after the final whistle. It's meant to be a 40-45 minute walk and the train is little over an hour after the match ends

I assume that using a mobile phone out in Israel will be dead pricey, what with them not being in the EU and all that (?).

Vodafone World Traveller on my lovely new SIM, for a fiver a day I get unlimited texts and calls and will have access to up to 4GB roaming data for a month. Prague and Milan I won't have to pay a penny extra for. :-)

Vodafone World Traveller on my lovely new SIM, for a fiver a day I get unlimited texts and calls and will have access to up to 4GB roaming data for a month. Prague and Milan I won't have to pay a penny extra for. :-)

None of that convenient caper whatsoever with Virgin Mobile, FFS. Rang them earlier, it's £5 just for 1 measly MB of roaming data outside the EU, FFS. And £4 per minute to make a call. I am probably going to have to live like I'm in the 1990's again. It may be bliss.

Is anyone else planning a day trip from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem / Dead Sea on Sat 1st (or any other day)?

Settled on a tour operator? I've been looking but it's hard to choose one. TripAdvisor is awash with independent tour guides but they're the sort of people you need to book in a group. Does anyone have any thoughts/tips on the organised trips?

I found this list of "student" bars on a blog. No idea where they are, but it's a starting point

Barbasaba - Just up from Central Station

Ashan Hazman - Old City

Tapas bar - Southern bit of the Old City

HaHalutz 33 - Old City

Munchilla -

Donkeys Bar

Cocoa

Roza

Manga - Up near North Station

Couldn't find the rest of them.

Yeah - I found the same. Butt's a starting point.

Few bars from your list is at the old city very far from the stadium .

And a few bars from the north station area (students area) would be great if you stay there .

People who gonna travel to Jerusalem this days ... things getting not that good there . A few clashes between Muslims and soldiers there . Muslims trying to stab soldiers at the blocks nothing new it's still safe follow the media ynet.co.il there's a virsion in English .

So the north station would

Be great are to have a beer there .

Anything else , I'm here .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coca- north station

Munchilla - north station

Ashan azman - working at nights not recommend .

Donkeys bar- closed .

As I said the best bar called "north station bar."

It's dam close to the north station and 100 meters from coca manga munchilla etc.

Near that bar there is a burger restaurant the best in be'er sheva . Called Agadir

beers in Israel 3£-6£

It looks like the area around the North Station is about a 45 min walk to the stadium and there are a few bars around there so I guess that's the best bet? It would be useful if the club could confirm: I) if there is a club bus and when and where it drops off; II) where and when tickets need to be collected.

Here's a blog with a list of some places:

http://vizziy.com/blog/en/bars-in-beer-sheva/

Can any of our Israeli friends confirm if there is anywhere in town that should be avoided? Is there any potential for a hostile reception from some fans?

Can any of our Israeli friends confirm if there is anywhere in town that should be avoided? Is there any potential for a hostile reception from some fans?

:facepalm: The whole point of European aways is they're meant to be hostile. If it is, enjoy it and stick together.

It looks like the area around the North Station is about a 45 min walk to the stadium and there are a few bars around there so I guess that's the best bet? It would be useful if the club could confirm: I) if there is a club bus and when and where it drops off; II) where and when tickets need to be collected.

Here's a blog with a list of some places:

http://vizziy.com/blog/en/bars-in-beer-sheva/

:facepalm: The whole point of European aways is they're meant to be hostile. If it is, enjoy it and stick together.

None. Sing songs wave your team flag free.

The fans would try to chat with you guys .

If you got no ultras I think the home ultras won't even try to reach.

I will make a short video from the north rail station to all the bars in the area .

Is anyone else planning a day trip from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem / Dead Sea on Sat 1st (or any other day)?

Settled on a tour operator? I've been looking but it's hard to choose one. TripAdvisor is awash with independent tour guides but they're the sort of people you need to book in a group. Does anyone have any thoughts/tips on the organised trips?

When I'm lazy, I usually book with who the hotel has a relationship with. Not necessarily the best or cheapest but usually decent. Viator is a worldwide brand that offers tours from Tel Aviv

Ignoring the football, some places in the world do have areas that are best avoiding altogether if you don't want to get mugged by a group of thugs. I think it's fairly sensible to check.

Watching that video above I'm gutted I can't afford to make this, just came too soon for me. If it were one of the last games I could have afforded the £800-odd plane fare through doing a f*ck ton of overtime.

Ignoring the football, some places in the world do have areas that are best avoiding altogether if you don't want to get mugged by a group of thugs. I think it's fairly sensible to check.

Watching that video above I'm gutted I can't afford to make this, just came too soon for me. If it were one of the last games I could have afforded the £800-odd plane fare through doing a f*ck ton of overtime.

He also asked if home fans would be hostile.

And it's not £800 airfare. My group are travelling for under 300 and most have paid no more than 400.

Train from airport to Tel Aviv is only about £3 and takes 21 minutes so was planning doing that.

Hi Rob,

I've been looking into airport transfer a bit more. The train is cheap but it's still a 45 min walk or a 15 min taxi, costing approx. £10 from the train stations to the waterfront areas like Ha-Yarkon. And the train stations don't seem to have organised cab ranks.

A direct taxi from airport is about 150 Sheqels - £30 or so.

Seeing as we are on the same flight and are staying in roughly the same place, if you want to just share a direct taxi from the airport then let me know. Trains run every 30 minutes so that journey could end up taking a lot longer and not actually saving that much cash, compared to sharing a cab.

Anyone else need to get from Tel Aviv to Ben Gurion on Saturday afternoon? It's Shabbat, so no buses or trains so I want to book a taxi (Hadar) Will be cheaper sharing. Looked at sharuts but don't think they run from Tel Aviv to the airport, certainly not on Shabbat.

Hi Rob,

I've been looking into airport transfer a bit more. The train is cheap but it's still a 45 min walk or a 15 min taxi, costing approx. £10 from the train stations to the waterfront areas like Ha-Yarkon. And the train stations don't seem to have organised cab ranks.

A direct taxi from airport is about 150 Sheqels - £30 or so.

Seeing as we are on the same flight and are staying in roughly the same place, if you want to just share a direct taxi from the airport then let me know. Trains run every 30 minutes so that journey could end up taking a lot longer and not actually saving that much cash, compared to sharing a cab.

Cab driver will see that you are not local and take x2 from the price ... The train is 1 minute from the terminal . you can take a taxi after you take off the train to your place

Anyone else need to get from Tel Aviv to Ben Gurion on Saturday afternoon? It's Shabbat, so no buses or trains so I want to book a taxi (Hadar) Will be cheaper sharing. Looked at sharuts but don't think they run from Tel Aviv to the airport, certainly not on Shabbat.

Local taxi works . You can take them from tel aviv to the BG airport . If you want me to

Check prices for you let me know I will call them tomorrow . But a local taxi is great

Cab driver will see that you are not local and take x2 from the price ... The train is 1 minute from the terminal . you can take a taxi after you take off the train to your place

Benjii - 45 minute walk - didn't realise it would be that long. I quite like Brazzer's idea. We can discuss on plane/airport. Cheers.

I doubt anyone else is arriving at the airport at around 2.30 am on Thursday morning. Looks like trains are running through the night and, hopefully, taxis available for the last leg. Has anyone heard anymore on the club running buses back to Tel Aviv after the game? I have emailed twice to ask about it with no response.

I doubt anyone else is arriving at the airport at around 2.30 am on Thursday morning. Looks like trains are running through the night and, hopefully, taxis available for the last leg. Has anyone heard anymore on the club running buses back to Tel Aviv after the game? I have emailed twice to ask about it with no response.

They have replied recently to someone saying they are "awaiting confirmation". Not the most helpful!

I guess that plans for collecting tickets are also dependent on what they sort, if anything, for the bus.

Looking to head into Jerusalem, from Tel Aviv, on the Friday as heading home early Saturday morning. Trains back look a bit of a nightmare (Last train at about 2pm). I would imagine it has been mentioned previously, but do any of our Israeli friends have any cheap alternatives, which leave a little later?

It would be good to also visit the Dead Sea, but I would assume that a day (with no car) wouldn't be enough time or cost effective?

P.S any tips of things to do / visit in both Tel Aviv and Jerusalem would be much appreciated.

Looking to head into Jerusalem, from Tel Aviv, on the Friday as heading home early Saturday morning. Trains back look a bit of a nightmare (Last train at about 2pm). I would imagine it has been mentioned previously, but do any of our Israeli friends have any cheap alternatives, which leave a little later?

It would be good to also visit the Dead Sea, but I would assume that a day (with no car) wouldn't be enough time or cost effective?

P.S any tips of things to do / visit in both Tel Aviv and Jerusalem would be much appreciated.

There are organized bus tours that do day trips to Jerusalem and Dead Sea combined so might be worth looking at - looks like they run regardless of Sabbath

I have been sent a link to a letter by the club, having pestered them. I presume it will be put online soon (if not already). In summary, there IS a free return bus from Tel Aviv!

Don't think it had anything to do with you pestering there were intending to release details around now anyway

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/documents/hapoel-beer-sheva-information-for-fans148-3321964.pdf

Don't think it had anything to do with you pestering there were intending to release details around now anyway

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/documents/hapoel-beer-sheva-information-for-fans148-3321964.pdf

Looks good, but as I'm planning to come to Beer Sheva from Jerusalem and stay overnight, I think I made things a little more difficult/interesting /exciting/ problematic.

Looking forward to the challenge!

Why the attitude?

Lot of useful information there and the bus to and from Tel Aviv does make it easier...unless you are coming from Jerusalem! Clicked on the link to the Be'er Sheva bar and it's in Hebrew so no idea how close to the stadium it is.

Why the attitude?

Lot of useful information there and the bus to and from Tel Aviv does make it easier...unless you are coming from Jerusalem! Clicked on the link to the Be'er Sheva bar and it's in Hebrew so no idea how close to the stadium it is.

Giggsi's? It's bloody miles away! Further than the ones near Tue north station that Brasser mentioned.

Also, I see on the letter that it says it's a 19:00 kick off which I don't think is correct is it? It's 20:00 right?!

Giggsi's? It's bloody miles away! Further than the ones near Tue north station that Brasser mentioned.

Also, I see on the letter that it says it's a 19:00 kick off which I don't think is correct is it? It's 20:00 right?!

Yes, did think it was 8 pm. With buses leaving at 3.30 pm, we will be at stadium around 5 pm.

With our Israeli friends offering to take people to the train station after the game is that now a possible option ?

I don't know how many they are prepared to take but it would make the return train doable.

Even if some taxis were arranged that would help !

Is there a plan for which bar most are going to frequent before the game ?

With our Israeli friends offering to take people to the train station after the game is that now a possible option ?

I don't know how many they are prepared to take but it would make the return train doable.

Even if some taxis were arranged that would help !

Is there a plan for which bar most are going to frequent before the game ?

That's a very generous and kindhearted offer.

Three of us arriving at midnight!

Still 2 spaces on a minibus back to Tel Aviv leaving after the game.

Also, I saw on the link from Saints that they said flags need a fire certificate to get in the ground. I know they could be saying it just to cover themselves but they've never said it before for an away game in my memory.

We're planning on a day trip to Jerusalem on the Friday but it's looking a bit of a nightmare for travel. Organised tours look quite pricey.

Still 2 spaces on a minibus back to Tel Aviv leaving after the game.

Also, I saw on the link from Saints that they said flags need a fire certificate to get in the ground. I know they could be saying it just to cover themselves but they've never said it before for an away game in my memory.

I will take one of those spots Griffo as I have heard nothing from the club regarding the bingo bus.

If the bingo bus is 1st come 1st served what happens to those not getting on ?

All sounds a bit Fred Karno to me.