Europa League - Hapoel Be'er Sheva travel/accommodation thread

stevegrant

Also on that flight. Just purchased a seat with extra leg-room as I am reasonably tall - although its Row 13 and as much as I know its superstitious nonsense I am not a great flyer anyway

!

Couple of pints pre-take off should calm the nerves ;)

Are you heading into Tel Aviv on landing? I haven't really looked into logistics of getting to hotel from airport yet but we could share a taxi perhaps. Send me a DM if you might be keen.

Same for Shroppie if he needs come into TA to travel onwards.

It looks like a taxi from the airport to downtown TA is about £30, depending on the amount of luggage (and traffic, of course).

Are you heading into Tel Aviv on landing? I haven't really looked into logistics of getting to hotel from airport yet but we could share a taxi perhaps. Send me a DM if you might be keen.

It looks like a taxi from the airport to downtown TA is about £30, depending on the amount of luggage (and traffic, of course).

If you take a shuttle to the bus terminal there's a direct bus to Tel Aviv that runs until about 22:30. Can't remember the price but only about £3 I think.

Or you can pick up a shared taxi at the same place. Will take you to your hotel but might spend a fair time dropping others off.

I'm heading the other way, directly into Jerusalem, probably by bus.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Train from airport to Tel Aviv is only about £3 and takes 21 minutes so was planning doing that.

Train from airport to Tel Aviv is only about £3 and takes 21 minutes so was planning doing that.

That sounds sensible! Didn't realise it was that cheap. I'm staying near the north end of Allenby Street, near the beach. Looks like the train stations aren't too far away so I may do that as well then. I see there is a big station upgrade programme going on involving a bunch of closures which is supposed to finish on 27 Sept. It looks like HaHagana station is remaining open anyway so all should be fine.

I scrolled through the previous posts but wondering what latest best bets are. I can arrive in Tel Aviv at 3 am on day of the game and will probably fly back out very early on Sunday morning (5 am). A hotel by airport would be best to crash when I arrive but what are best options for the other nights? Seems like most people trying to get back to Tel Aviv after game.

I scrolled through the previous posts but wondering what latest best bets are. I can arrive in Tel Aviv at 3 am on day of the game and will probably fly back out very early on Sunday morning (5 am). A hotel by airport would be best to crash when I arrive but what are best options for the other nights? Seems like most people trying to get back to Tel Aviv after game.

I've got cancellable hotels in Tel Aviv and Be'er Sheva on the Thursday, pending a decision on that! If the club runs transport back to TA I will probably do that and I know some people have already organised their own min-buses back. It sounds as though the majority are planning to head back to TA.

I guess TA is a safer bet for a big night out after the match, if that's what you fancy. Hopefully most of us can congregate in a bar somewhere!

PS. I'm definitely staying in TA on Fri and Sat and will try to do a tour to Jerusalem on the Sat, I expect. Seems a shame to go all that way and not have a look. I'm flying back Sun afternoon.

Assume you'll book a tour as there isn't public transport on Saturdays. That's why I've decided to head straight there on Weds and do a quick self-guided tour on Thurs am before bus to Beer Sheva.

My flight back is on Saturday and there aren't even buses and trains to the airport, so taxi, hopefully shared, is the only option.

Assume you'll book a tour as there isn't public transport on Saturdays. That's why I've decided to head straight there on Weds and do a quick self-guided tour on Thurs am before bus to Beer Sheva.

My flight back is on Saturday and there aren't even buses and trains to the airport, so taxi, hopefully shared, is the only option.

Yeah, I've seen a few tours that depart from Tel Aviv and include one-way travel (or return at a higher premium). I think the Sheruts still run on Sat between TA and Jerusalem though and are cheap, even with Shabbat premium, so it's possible to come back whenever without being stuck to a tour timetable.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/travel/tourist-tip-of-the-day/how-to-take-inter-city-shared-taxis-between-jerusalem-and-tel-aviv-1.503944

If anyone fancies making the trip with me then drop me a line!

Yeah, I've seen a few tours that depart from Tel Aviv and include one-way travel (or return at a higher premium). I think the Sheruts still run on Sat between TA and Jerusalem though and are cheap, even with Shabbat premium, so it's possible to come back whenever without being stuck to a tour timetable.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/travel/tourist-tip-of-the-day/how-to-take-inter-city-shared-taxis-between-jerusalem-and-tel-aviv-1.503944

If anyone fancies making the trip with me then drop me a line!

Yeah, sounds good but unfortunately have to fly back Saturday. I've been researching the Sheruts out to Ben Gurian - looks like the best option.

That sounds sensible! Didn't realise it was that cheap. I'm staying near the north end of Allenby Street, near the beach. Looks like the train stations aren't too far away so I may do that as well then. I see there is a big station upgrade programme going on involving a bunch of closures which is supposed to finish on 27 Sept. It looks like HaHagana station is remaining open anyway so all should be fine.

My hotel is in Ha-Yarkon Street which crosses Allenby Street (although Allenby Street looks very long). My Hotel didn't seem to have been completed when I looked on Google Maps ! Very happy to meet up for a beer somewhere if anyone had a venue in mind.

My hotel is in Ha-Yarkon Street which crosses Allenby Street (although Allenby Street looks very long). My Hotel didn't seem to have been completed when I looked on Google Maps ! Very happy to meet up for a beer somewhere if anyone had a venue in mind.

I'm on Allenby Street. Friday or Saturday night would be great.

I'm on Allenby Street. Friday or Saturday night would be great.

I'll be at a loose end Fri night and, possibly, Sat so that sounds good to me too.

Allenby has quite a few bars and whatnot, I think, (I think it's one of the main nightlife streets) and the crossing with Ha-Yarkon is right near the sea front so that sounds like a pretty good spot for a couple!

I'll be at a loose end Fri night and, possibly, Sat so that sounds good to me too.

Allenby has quite a few bars and whatnot, I think, (I think it's one of the main nightlife streets) and the crossing with Ha-Yarkon is right near the sea front so that sounds like a pretty good spot for a couple!

Our Group goes out Tue/Wed so will have people out Tue, Wed and Fri night. We were thinking of doing the tour to Jerusalem and Dead Sea on the Friday. Official ones all have an early start though if you want to do both.

What time's your flight? We're heading back Saturday too.

Our Group goes out Tue/Wed so will have people out Tue, Wed and Fri night. We were thinking of doing the tour to Jerusalem and Dead Sea on the Friday. Official ones all have an early start though if you want to do both.

I think Friday would probably be a more interesting day to go to Jerusalem. Sat will be quieter because of Shabbat. I'm just not sure about the prospect of getting up at 6am the day after the match!

How are you getting back to TA after the match? I wish this apocryphal club bus would be confirmed!

I think Friday would probably be a more interesting day to go to Jerusalem. Sat will be quieter because of Shabbat. I'm just not sure about the prospect of getting up at 6am the day after the match!

How are you getting back to TA after the match? I wish this apocryphal club bus would be confirmed!

Pretty sure the bus will happen. I may regret it but have chosen to stay over and get a bus in the morning.

I have two overnight flights just to get to TA so I just figure I will forget sleep as much as I can - plenty of caffeine etc to keep me going and sleep on the way home. Looking at the day trip options for Jerusalem and Dead Sea. Probably crazy traveling so far but you only live once.

Hoping for club bus to be confirmed otherwise will be by minibus. 7 in our group so may be some space

Ahh, later than us then, was gonna suggest travel share back to the airport but we're five hours earlier then you!

That's a long time to hang around. Sure I'll get a shared taxi later. Shame, would be good to meet up. Looks like a reasonable crowd planning Fri night, though - could work.

Where are you staying? I'm at Ben Gurian Tower. Haven't seen that bar, but must be worth a beer or six.

The Aladdin Hotel - looks fairly central. The Train bar is mentioned earlier in the thread but despite intensive Googling I cannot find any other information about it. Cheers !

I got the call last night as well. Was quite hard to hear the guy whilst in a busy Spitfire. Sounded like the ticket collection point might be pretty close to the ground though, bit different from Herning.

been told by contact at club that details of pick up points for tickets and buses etc, will be sent out to those travelling before West Ham game

been told by contact at club that details of pick up points for tickets and buses etc, will be sent out to those travelling before West Ham game

They need to be confirming this over the next couple of days really, rather than by next weekend. People are travelling across the whole of Europe to the Middle East to get there, at significant expense. Some people are crossing the Atlantic to get there as well! I think it's reasonable to expect more than 3 or 4 days notice that I need to be at a particular point at a particular time. Don't see why this couldn't have been sorted by now.

They need to be confirming this over the next couple of days really, rather than by next weekend. People are travelling across the whole of Europe to the Middle East to get there, at significant expense. Some people are crossing the Atlantic to get there as well! I think it's reasonable to expect more than 3 or 4 days notice that I need to be at a particular point at a particular time. Don't see why this couldn't have been sorted by now.

Exactly! Would be nice to know if there is definitely a bus or not. Makes a big difference after the game. I haven't had the call about the bus and they haven't replied to my email about it - probably can't afford the transatlantic phone call! ;)

Anybody have an idea of costs in Israel ?

Trying to work out what cash to take.

Beer will be quite expensive I think. Food will range from cheap street food to the poshest of restaurants.

It's not mega expensive like Norway or whatnot, but it's not cheap in the way that some countries are decidedly cheap.

My friends. My name is Gadi - Just back from Milano :)

We are very excited to host you - premier leage team at Beer Sheva is something very big for us.

I would like to offer any help you can think of. e.g: making it on time to the train after the game - I can take few with my car to the station and if more will need it I will set it with other friends.

If you stay at Beer - Sheva than I know about only 1 hotel that is decent (Leonardo hotel). other places might be very suspicius. Please let me know what you booked and I will verify it is ok.

gad.markovich@intel.com

mobile - +972-54-7886216

We are very excited to host you - premier leage team at Beer Sheva is something very big for us.

I would like to offer any help you can think of. e.g: making it on time to the train after the game - I can take few with my car to the station and if more will need it I will set it with other friends.

If you stay at Beer - Sheva than I know about only 1 hotel that is decent (Leonardo hotel). other places might be very suspicius. Please let me know what you booked and I will verify it is ok.

gad.markovich@intel.com

mobile - +972-54-7886216

Hi Gadi,

Is it true that your fans were blocked from getting to the San Siro because of anti-Israeli protestors?

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Developing-Fans-blocked-from-Italian-stadium-because-they-are-Israeli-467839

gad.markovich@intel.com

mobile - +972-54-7886216

Hi Gadi!

Where do you recommend Saints fans should go in Be'er Sheva before the match? Most will want to go for a few drinks in the hours before the game.

Thanks, Ben

Hi Gadi!

Where do you recommend Saints fans should go in Be'er Sheva before the match? Most will want to go for a few drinks in the hours before the game.

Thanks, Ben

For some reason I can't post more than 3 times a day so this will be my last for today.

If you guys want I can try and close for you a pub at the area for you guys. For this I will need to know for how many. Than when you will go to the game we can have cabs for you. Should be no more than 2 pounds each.