Europa League - Internazionale travel/accommodation thread

stevegrant

This thread is for people to discuss travel, accommodation, sightseeing, ticketing arrangements for the trip to Internazionale.

Ticket details: http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/uel-tickets-internazionale-vs-southampton-20102016-3285336.aspx

TICKETING

Price: £19

On sale:

Tuesday 13th September, 9am: Season ticket holders who went to Midtjylland last season, or with 5 or more away games from last season and this (Man United and Arsenal aways counted from this season only - not West Ham or Leicester)

Wednesday 14th September, 9am: ST holders with 4+ aways from 15/16 and 16/17

Thursday 15th September, 9am: ST holders with 3+ aways from 15/16 and 16/17

Ticketing will be interesting. Assuming we get 4-5k tickets, will it be available outright to ST holders initially, or will it be ST + aways etc.? I know that normally, we don’t take more than 2-3k for regular Prem aways, though for special occasions Saints do come out in good numbers, so I’m not sure how to gauge demand for Milan.

Our group will likely be 2 STs, 4 members and 4 general sale JCLs, so I anticipate we may be able get two proper away tickets.

I read that there are ’neutral’ stands/areas in the San Siro, would this be the best areas to take over for those ineligible for the real away ends? We could look at taking over a specific stand or area, and turn it into an informal away end.

Keen to hear the views of our well-travelled Saints.

You'd like to think that the ticket office will be quite proactive on this and pester Inter for more tickets if the demand looks like being there - the blocks below the away end will almost certainly be closed for the game, so it's not like we'd be taking seats away from locals.

That said, for all the "we'll take 10k there" bravado I've seen from many, there are only so many flights into Italy on the days leading up to the game, and the cost of getting and staying there will rise from now on. 5k might end up being enough to satisfy demand (and make no mistake, that's still a ****ing good turnout in another country - England don't take that many to away qualifiers these days), especially if people who think they might miss out plan ahead and get tickets in other parts of the ground.

Getting tickets won't be a problem IMHO as you'll be able to buy them around the city for all parts of the ground. Saying that I expect to get mine via Northern Saints.

I'm flying out from Manchester (Weds - Fri) with my 14yo lad. Corky Morris is taking hs 14yo an 9yo. Booked into the Radisson Blu since we've got the kids.

Ticketing will be interesting. Assuming we get 4-5k tickets, will it be available outright to ST holders initially, or will it be ST + aways etc.? I know that normally, we don’t take more than 2-3k for regular Prem aways, though for special occasions Saints do come out in good numbers, so I’m not sure how to gauge demand for Milan.

Our group will likely be 2 STs, 4 members and 4 general sale JCLs, so I anticipate we may be able get two proper away tickets.

I read that there are ’neutral’ stands/areas in the San Siro, would this be the best areas to take over for those ineligible for the real away ends? We could look at taking over a specific stand or area, and turn it into an informal away end.

Keen to hear the views of our well-travelled Saints.

I would guess it will be;

ST holders who attended Midtjylland & Be'er Sheva

ST holders who attended Be'er Sheva (possibly then ST holders who attended Midtjylland)

ST holders who attended at least 15 away games during the 2015/16 season

and so on...

Would depend on allocation size but it might filter down to ST holders with no away games but can't see it making general sale. That said, it really depends on allocation.

Will be interesting to see if tickets are collection only for Milan. It works well when you only have a couple of hundred like Midtjylland, Prague and Be'er Sheva, but I would imagine this being a nightmare if we have 4/5000. FWIW I have been told that in Italy they ask for ID upon entry (name printed on ticket) but I don't know how true this is??

FWIW I have been told that in Italy they ask for ID upon entry (name printed on ticket) but I don't know how true this is??

This is correct. Not sure how practical is it for this sort of situation, though, unless they start selling them very soon.

Flying into Milan Linate from Paris on the morning on the game with EasyPeasyJet (£80 return). No idea if I'll get a ticket on a ST with 1 away last year but if not I'll be sat with the Italians.

Not sure whether to stay in town or near the San Siro but thinking in town will be more interesting.

Grazie, grazie mile... eeeeehhh per favore! Prego prego Piacere di conoscerti!!!!

"Internazionale will be checking the ID of every supporter at the turnstiles and will compare this to the information that the club has sent them."

Yeah, of course they won't.

They do - every single ticket is checked by police at the gate for the away end, not sure if it's a requirement in the home end.

"Internazionale will be checking the ID of every supporter at the turnstiles and will compare this to the information that the club has sent them."

Yeah, of course they won't.

It's Italian law to check tickets against ID.

It happened at the England game in Turin last March. No ID matching the ticket, no entry.

I'm only a member so no guarantee of a ticket but booked a hotel already (hotel brunelleschi) in city centre. Free cancellation up until a day before booking so if I can't get a ticket no problem. Only issue is travel which means I'm planning on driving all the way if i do get a ticket. Hell of a journey but can't miss this one if possible. If anyone is in the same boat as me re ticket situation and doesn't want to book travel yet then I'm happy to take a few passengers. :)

I'm only a member so no guarantee of a ticket but booked a hotel already (hotel brunelleschi) in city centre. Free cancellation up until a day before booking so if I can't get a ticket no problem. Only issue is travel which means I'm planning on driving all the way if i do get a ticket. Hell of a journey but can't miss this one if possible. If anyone is in the same boat as me re ticket situation and doesn't want to book travel yet then I'm happy to take a few passengers. :)

2000 mile round trip. :scared:

I have been to 20+ live football matches in Italy. I can assure you they will check your ID against your ticket whether you are in the home ends or away end. Isn't worth risking using someone else's name/customer number.

Can it be a photo copy of passport or does it have to be the original . Or can you use driving licence

I wouldn't be choosing to sit up in the gods when there's so many options. Orange 273/271 seem like they'd be in close proximity and a decent level/view.

Yeah true. That section is just a bit further away from the official away support section. To be honest I reckon there will be so many in the neutral section it probably won't matter where you are as long as it's at the away end of the ground. Should be a great atmosphere.

Yeah true. That section is just a bit further away from the official away support section. To be honest I reckon there will be so many in the neutral section it probably won't matter where you are as long as it's at the away end of the ground. Should be a great atmosphere.

Yeah, would be good to get a general consensus on block numbers/areas. Middle tier looks like a good view and ones such as those I quoted are likely to be pretty empty I imagine.

Seem to need a "Siamo Noi" card which I'm guessing its a membership card of soem sort - probably on sale to members only atm, no idea how it works over there.

Indeed. Think they'll be available later on general sale. Failing that, we'll be able to pick some up in town or around the stadium on the day of the game. Would be nice to organise a couple of blocks beforehand so we can all be little Englanders together.

Seem to need a "Siamo Noi" card which I'm guessing its a membership card of soem sort - probably on sale to members only atm, no idea how it works over there.

Yes saw that. Suggestion was it's free, but registration was I. Italian and I gave up at that stage!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Failing that, we'll be able to pick some up in town or around the stadium on the day of the game.

How likely/easy is that? I remember going to the San Siro years ago for Inter v Cagliari and getting a ticket was very easy but when throwing in the equation of an English team and English fans, will getting a ticket on the day still be OK?

hotel and flights booked

I did have someones st number but now of no use if id has to match ticket

have to hope it makes members but cant see it somehow,mind you considering we couldn't sell out our away end for promotion at boro I'm hoping many don't go to this

if not like others lets sort out which block the rest of us can get into,coz I'm still going,ticket or no ticket

anyone tried registering on the inter site?

ive been trying but cant complete address on it or the 12 digit number they need

Yeah I managed to register without a Saimo Noi card number. Change the country to UK and should accept the address.

If anyone does work out how to get a Saimo Noi card let me know how!

Yeah I managed to register without a Saimo Noi card number. Change the country to UK and should accept the address.

If anyone does work out how to get a Saimo Noi card let me know how!

I've just been reading the instructions for getting a Siamo Noi card. In Italy you fill in the online form and they'll send the card to you. The card costs €10 and the postage is €2.50 in Italy. I don't know if they'll post to the UK, can't see why not. Alternatively you can pick your card up from the ticket agency (there are hundreds of them all over Italy) where you applied for it. This is not much use to us. The card acts similarly to our electronic season tickets with the matches uploaded to it.

This page is interesting: http://www.inter.it/en/cessione/1

It would appear that you can transfer/assign your ticket to another person. You need to take the original ticket plus the printed transfer authorisation to the turnstiles. Hmm

More on the Siamo Noi card,

Once you have registered and logged in then go to this page

http://tdt.inter.it/?hash=08667dfc7771e2ec0ede91c262e9eda4&l=en

Upload your photo, passport (scan? I didn't go that far) and credit card info and they'll send it to you. You then need to activate it at the ground. Presumably they verify you against the card. Might be worth a try if not too expensive.

According to the club it was the Italian police that insisted on 5000 max Saints supporters . I hope it doesn't happen but I can really see people getting a shock here . The Italian police & Inter are not stupid , why set a limit of 5,000 when they could easily have catered for more , and then send out these Siamo Noi cards to English people . It doesn't help that there are planks on Twitter asking Inter about " neutral sections " and also all over Facebook as well describing what they're going to do . Personally I'd be surprised if these cards are shipped to England before our game . If they're OK with more English coming surely they'd have just upped our allocation and kept us together .

I hope I'm wrong because there's 8 of us booked flights & hotel . 6 will meet the first criteria , 1 should be ok , but 1 has ST with 1 away on it so may struggle . What I've suggested is he tries to use a foreign address to apply for this card . My eldests friend has Italian relatives & we are seeing if he can use their address , have the card posted to Italy and they then forward it on to the uk . Failing that he's going to try friends in Spain , followed by Dublin if they won't do it . Maybe it's an over reaction but better safe than sorry . Perhaps I'm wrong and they don't really give a Shiite , but it can't be as easy as just applying to Milan and getting a ticket .

More on the Siamo Noi card,

Once you have registered and logged in then go to this page

http://tdt.inter.it/?hash=08667dfc7771e2ec0ede91c262e9eda4&l=en

Upload your photo, passport (scan? I didn't go that far) and credit card info and they'll send it to you. You then need to activate it at the ground. Presumably they verify you against the card. Might be worth a try if not too expensive.

Got all the way through and then when when to pay (around 25 euro) I got:

So e'verificato un errore. With a thumb down.

I'll have a look into it. I'm going via Turin and staying with a friend so if necessary could get it sent to her address. As I'm a ST holder with only 1 away both this and last season I'm assuming I'll be on the cusp of getting a ticket, but sounds like I'll need to bring binoculars for the away section.

i just don't get the 5000 restriction when the stadium holds 87000 and there probably,at most,only going to be around 35000 in the ground for the game.

Be more sensible to give us the tickets we need than have saints fans mixed in with the locals,where there could be problems,surely easier to police us all in one area.