Prem Predictions (now the window has closed)

Minsk

Now that the transfer window is closed and all the teams have their squads until January, what are your predictions for this coming season for: top 5; where Saints will finish; the 3 clubs to be relegated?

Here's mine:

1. Man Utd

2. Man City

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

Saints to finish 12th

Relegated: Burnley, Hull and Sunderland

Now that the transfer window is closed and all the teams have their squads until January, what are your predictions for this coming season for: top 5; where Saints will finish; the 3 clubs to be relegated?

Here's mine:

1. Man Utd

2. Man City

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

Saints to finish 12th

Relegated: Burnley, Hull and Sunderland

This but with Spurs in place of Liverpool who fall to 6th, just above West Ham. 8,9,10,11,12 will be any from Everton, Saints, Palace, Stoke and Bournemouth.

Top 5

1. Chelsea

2. Man City

3. Man Utd

4. Arsenal

5. Spurs

Relegated - Hull, WBA, B'mth

Saints - somewhere in the 10 - 14 range because the Europa League games/travel etc. will highlight the lack of depth in the defensive capabilities of the squad. However, I'm certain we'll finish above Leicester.

definitely gonna be a completely different top ten this season, I think if we come good playing the diamond, then 9th-11th owing to the points we'll drop trying to wrap it around our heads. if we ditch the diamond, then top 8 definitely possible depending on injuries and the strain of europa. I don't think either wetspam or Everton have enough juice to finish above us, westbrom, Sunderland (finally) and hull for the drop.

14th

3rd in the Europa league group

3rd round of the league cup

4th round of the FA Cup

City

United

Arsenal

Chelsea

Spurs

Liverpool

Everton

Leicester

West Ham

Stoke

Palace

Swansea

Boro

Saints

Watford

WBA

Sunderland

Bournemouth

Burnley

Hull

Edited by Batman

1. City

2. Utd

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

6. Tottenham

7. Leicester

8. Stoke

9. Everton

10. Saints

11. West Ham

12. Palace

13. Bompy

14. Watford

15. Boro

16. Swansea

17. West Brom

18. Sunderland

19. Burnley

20. Hull

It's quite re-assuring that there are some poor teams in the league this year. I don't think we'll finish above West Ham so I'm going to say Saints to finish 11th - 15th.

For me, its more of a case of who seems to have a squad that will do better than us over 38 games...

Chelsea

City

Utd

Liverpool

Arsenal

Spurs

Palace

Boro

Stoke

Leicester

West Ham (maybe)

So, 12th if Puel somehow manages to find a starting XI that can regularly get results.

Man U

Man City

Spurs

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsenal

Leicester

Stoke

Palace

West Ham

relegated - Hull, Burnley, Bournemouth

we'll stay up just about, maybe 14th or 15th. Will leak too many goals because of the Wanyama muscle hole, and won't score enough because we don't have a good enough striker. Also, Europe will test our thin squad and we will be plagued by resultant injuries. What were they thinking in not bolstering more?

1. Man U

2. Chelsea

3. Man City

4. Arsenal

5. Everton (pains me to even think it)

6. Spurs

7. Liverpool

8. Wet Sham

Saints finishing 14th. A rebuilding year. It may look dicey from time to time but we will stay up.

Relegated: Burnley, Swansea, Palace

I dont thin you can really start predicting until 10 games are gone. What end of the table will depend on if we can actually win a game. Our performances so far look tidy play without goals.

I think the idea was to have a guess before it all gets going, rather like picking your fantasy team before the start of the season...not 10 games in.

1. Dont care, it wont be Saints

2. Dont care, it wont be Saints

3. Dont care, it wont be Saints

4. Dont care, it wont be Saints

5. Dont care, it wont be Saints

Saints to finish 12th to 15th

Relegated: Dont care, it wont be Saints (hopefully)

This (hopefully)

1.Manchester Utd

2.Manchester City

3.Chelsea

4.Liverpool

5.Southampton

6.Arsenal

7.Spurs

8.Everton

9.West Ham

10.Leicester

11.Stoke

12.Crystal Palace

13.Sunderland

14.Middlesboro

15.Watford

16.Swansea

17.Bournemouth

18.West Brom

19.Burnley

20.Hull

:)

West Ham. Will do ok when they get Payet back. When he is injured, marked out of a game (less so because defensively the league is weaker than it is offensively), or doesn't get into it they'll struggle. Decent enough though.

WBA - Poor to no attacking threat. One of their better young players (Leko) injured. Expect a lot of 1-0s more against than for. Will struggle greatly when go behind, will get brushed aside by the big clubs. Might go down.

Watford. Much like last season. A good purple patch followed by a lot of dross. Better football though. Enough to stay up.

Tottenham. Will do less well. Next season I can see Poch do his implosion and then or the season after they'll go. Difficult to beat, not so good going forward. Still one of the better teams though.

Swansea. Will play nice football. Will have a decent patch when they bed in. Mid table with its ups and downs.

Sunderland. Probably more like they were under BFS at the end of the season but worse going forward. Might improve when M'Vila joins in Jan. Lower end of the table because they'll lose against the bigger teams but win enough against the poorer teams. Might go down.

Stoke. Same as last year. They've spent a lot of money incohesively. Will fail to deliver against the better teams overall. Capable of the odd thrashing of e.g. Liverpool.

Us. Hard to say. I've looked at Nice's record last year. Not particularly goal-laden and a few results I think their fans might have expected to have gone the other way. It depends how long (and if) all our team get used to the formation and then how other teams decide to ignore it and bypass our lightweight midfield/lack of overall defensive capability. I think a lot of teams won't bother pressing us so they'll get a nice rest and we'll be impotent up front. Tactics will have to be adapted during games or we will struggle mightily. We might look pleasing on the eye but, again, that doesn't deliver results. I think we will have very few, if any, clean sheets this year. As for what people deem a 'good cup run', well Liverpool had 2 very good ones last year; won **** all. So unless you win it, it's ****: it means more games, chances of suspension/injury/tiredness, promises a lot and delivers little.

Middlesbrough. Will probably survive. I think the year after they'll have close to another team. Again, will feature in a lot of low-scoring games. I think that will happen a lot this year: the poorer teams will set out to defend more and it will only be the teams with the better attacks that will score more and easily in games but at the same time once they're say 2 or 3 up most will sit back because they know the other teams won't be able to hurt them.

Mancs. Will have journos cumming in their pants about them all season long. Won't win the league. **** off Mourinho.

Plastic Mancs. Regrettably Guardiola has the right idea: attack, attack and attack some more. And they're loaded with firepower. If only FFP actually did what it was meant to ....

Liverpool. If they get in front of games they'll do well. They'll do well enough anyway. Sakho might prove a bit of a fly in the ointment of their team spirit and they are still vulnerable to a collapse. Possibly enough to make top 4 though. Could be dark horses. But their scouse and scousers aren't horses; they're scousers.

Leicester. Will do well. Unless referees actually pull up their defence. In which case they won't be able to put out a team. We can but hope.

Hull. Team spirit will take them far. Things that will **** them up are the takeover going through, Phelan being made manager, injuries, a couple of losses that make them doubt themselves. Might just scrape through if they play it clever; a lot of poor teams around.

The Grand Old Deluded up their own arses no marks from Scouseland. An ageing, overrated bunch of no-marks in that team. And Cleverly. Will do ok solely because Koeman will have them 'playing out of organisation' but otherwise close to relegation. If Koeman does do well enough it might lead to complacancy in which case they'll go down. If the board don't back him properly next year he'll walk. The dugouts will still be there, however, so not all will be lost.

Crystal Palace. A Pardew team. Might have enough of a purple patch to stay up. Otherwise will be **** to watch and have crap results/scrape a few lucky draws.

Chelski. Not as good as most people think. Nice to see Conte expanding his vocabulary; he might be a coach to watch. Enough to beat most big teams, not enough to win the league. Maybe a cup though.

Burnley. Might surprise everyone. Think they'll do better this time: harder to beat. They've improved their squad overall compared to last time. Not unlike Hull but with more steel.

Arsenal. Same as, same old. Wenger's not actually that good at delivering results.

Bournemuff. Same as last year. Jack will go out on the **** a lot and end up with a mysterious injury of sorts to be rued by all who know nothing about football as the tragedy of a young man's hard upbringing.

I expect to see the top teams clear, a few fighting out mid-table but probably 9 or ten who are near the bottom. That part of the league will be close and the gap between the top and bottom will be large.

So final league table reads:

20 WBA

19 Palace

18 Burnley

17 Hull

16 Sunderland

15 Saints

14 Watford

13 Bournemouth

12 Middlesbrough

11 Swansea

10 Everton

9 Stoke

8 West Ham

7 Leicester

6 Arsenal

5 Tottenham

4 Prawns and Sarnies Mancs

3 Liverpool

2 Chelsea

1 Pep Guardiola's latest project

1) United: Ibrahimovic to be the difference. As much as the c*ck sucking by Sky during our match with them was infuriating he is certainly world class, even at 34.

2) Chelsea: Will just miss out. Have strengthened where they needed to and will benefit from no European football.

3) City: Pep will be massively looking at CL I believe and despite having the most complete squad will fall short of the title for that reason.

4) Arsenal: Because it's Arsenal

5) Liverpool: Again, lack of European football will help them finish higher. Exciting, but very inconsistent.

6) Spurs: CL and increased quality of the league will see them slip. Also I think Kane's confidence will be shot after the Euro's and it will take him a while to return to form.

7) Leicester: Have done well to keep most of title winning team, but Kante a huge loss. Extra games to take their toll as well.

8 ) Everton: Koeman is a good, but more importantly pragmatic manager and will do far better with this squad than a defensively naive Martinez.

9) Stoke: Continuing steady improvement under Hughes. My tip to make a go of it in a cup.

10) Saints: Not good enough to challenge for top 6 again, but too good for bottom half. Steady league season, but hopefully an exciting one in Europe and the cups!

11) West Ham: New players haven't looked great for them and injury to big signing Ayew will mean a slip backwards imo.

12) Middlesbrough: I think they'll do quite well. Definitely the best of the promoted sides.

13) Bournemouth: Depends on how fit they can keep Wilshere and if Ibe can live up to his fee. Think Howe is an excellent manager though and will see them to mid table safety.

14) West Brom: Tony Pulis, pragmatism personified. Will be eternally last on MOTD. Are so boring I almost forgot to put them in.

15) Swansea: Big, big losses in Williams and Ayew, but have signed some decent players to replace their outgoings and will be fine amongst other dross.

16) Sunderland: Moyes is a good manager with this level of club, and whilst I think they'll find it tough, they should have enough to stay up.

17) Palace: Beneteke to keep them up, just. Pardew is an 'impact manager' whose impact has worn off and I think despite big spending, they will be fighting to stay up.

18 ) Watford: Not convinced they have enough quality to stay up. They weren't awful against us, but we gifted them a lead and they sat on it.

19) Burnley: Dyche's a decent manager, but almost too pragmatic. You rarely win games with less than 20% possession and I doubt they'll win too many more this season.

20) Hull: Great spirit, but ultimately the paper thin squad will be their undoing.

Edited by SaintSeb

I dont thin you can really start predicting until 10 games are gone. What end of the table will depend on if we can actually win a game. Our performances so far look tidy play without goals.

I'm going to start predicting when 37 games are gone.

BTW, I'm surprised some are tipping WBA for the drop. One of the fundamental laws of the universe is that Pulis never gets relegated.

1) United: Ibrahimovic to be the difference. As much as the c*ck sucking by Sky during our match with them was infuriating he is certainly world class, even at 34.

2) Chelsea: Will just miss out. Have strengthened where they needed to and will benefit from no European football.

3) City: Pep will be massively looking at CL I believe and despite having the most complete squad will fall short of the title for that reason.

5) Liverpool: Again, lack of European football will help them finish higher. Exciting, but very inconsistent.

6) Spurs: CL and increased quality of the league will see them slip. Also I think Kane's confidence will be shot after the Euro's and it will take him a while to return to form.

7) Leicester: Have done well to keep most of title winning team, but Kante a huge loss. Extra games to take their toll as well.

8 ) Everton: Koeman is a good, but more importantly pragmatic manager and will do far better with this squad than a defensively naive Martinez.

9) Stoke: Continuing steady improvement under Hughes. My tip to make a go of it in a cup.

10) Saints: Not good enough to challenge for top 6 again, but too good for bottom half. Steady league season, but hopefully an exciting one in Europe and the cups!

11) West Ham: New players haven't looked great for them and injury to big signing Ayew will mean a slip backwards imo.

12) Middlesbrough: I think they'll do quite well. Definitely the best of the promoted sides.

13) Bournemouth: Depends on how fit they can keep Wilshere and if Ibe can live up to his fee. Think Howe is an excellent manager though and will see them to mid table safety.

14) West Brom: Tony Pulis, pragmatism personified. Will be eternally last on MOTD. Are so boring I almost forgot to put them in.

15) Swansea: Big, big losses in Williams and Ayew, but have signed some decent players to replace their outgoings and will be fine amongst other dross.

16) Sunderland: Moyes is a good manager with this level of club, and whilst I think they'll find it tough, they should have enough to stay up.

17) Palace: Beneteke to keep them up, just. Pardew is an 'impact manager' whose impact has worn off and I think despite big spending, they will be fighting to stay up.

18 ) Watford: Not convinced they have enough quality to stay up. They weren't awful against us, but we gifted them a lead and they sat on it.

19) Burnley: Dyche's a decent manager, but almost too pragmatic. You rarely win games with less than 20% possession and I doubt they'll win too many more this season.

20) Hull: Great spirit, but ultimately the paper thin squad will be their undoing.

Yeah decent summary that. Agree with a lot of your picks

So, at the end of page 1, SaintsWeb predictions have:

Utd winning the prem, just ahead of City.

Utd, City, Chelsea and Arsenal taking the CL spots' with Liverpool just pipping Spurs for 5th.

Saints to finish between 10th - 15th.

Burnley and Hull to go down, with Sunderland, Bournemouth, WBA and Swansea trying to avoid the drop with them.

Agree with all of them but 9th-13th of those could well be any order, don't think West Ham will do that well this season and Middlesbrough could just sneak into the top ten.