Winter HCDAJFU Thread

harriesss

Don't think anyone will leave who we don't want to leave. What business have we done in January's before? I don't remember many proper deals, mainly loans?

Possibly

- Goalscorer

- DM

- RB/CB

Maybe someone with pace behind the striker and potentially get rid of J-Rod/Austin/Long depending on who has barely played. Would love J-Rod to be first choice ST in 4-2-3-1 by that point.....

What do we/are we going to need? A striker? And defensive midfielder? Anything else? How will we cope with losing Boufal for the AFCON? Who else will leave?

This will obviously change with injuries/form etc. but I can see a striker switch happening in January.

It will be interesting to see how we get on.

Don't think anyone will leave who we don't want to leave. What business have we done in January's before? I don't remember many proper deals, mainly loans?

Possibly

- Goalscorer

- DM

- RB/CB

Maybe someone with pace behind the striker and potentially get rid of J-Rod/Austin/Long depending on who has barely played. Would love J-Rod to be first choice ST in 4-2-3-1 by that point.....

Forren & Austin spring to mind.

Elia & Djuricic as well?

January transfers are either:

1. Panic buying

2. To cover injury

3. Strengthen for serious push

4. Snapping up bargain near end of contract

5. Buying in anticipation of departure.

I hope 2 won't apply and doubt 3 will. We don't do 1. We could combine 4 and 5 for a CB, LB or GK, but hope not.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

We at least have money in hand to spend should we need signings in January. Whether we do indeed spend it is another matter...
This is a good thing, if Austin or Jrod can't bang the goals in then we can go and get someone. Le Goddard (or LeG as he now likes to be known as) has intimated we'd go for Berahino.

This is a good thing, if Austin or Jrod can't bang the goals in then we can go and get someone. Le Goddard (or LeG as he now likes to be known as) has intimated we'd go for Berahino.

That would be a good idea, not sure how much WBA could really ask for him with 6 months left on his deal though imagine we would not be along and having an interest - particularly if he starts scoring again.

With just 4 months till the next window, we don't need to wait till next summer's window for money to be spent, for players to jump ship, for other clubs to attempt to steal our best players.

And let us not forget Jose Fonte has yet to sign the new contract the club has offered. Could he possibly hold out to January and then go for a move. By that time he'll know what way our season is going, whether how we play, and whether it's worth his while staying

We cant ignore the fact that we need a new and decent center back. Some may remember back in late March, April I was calling for us to find a centre back to replace him in the summer. I felt then, as many now also feel, he's not performing to the levels he was. The Premier League is overtaking his abilities, with him resorting to shirt tugging, arm holding and dubious tackles which previously weren't part of his game.

The window has closed but the fall out and future has only just begun.

With just 4 months till the next window, we don't need to wait till next summer's window for money to be spent, for players to jump ship, for other clubs to attempt to steal our best players.

And let us not forget Jose Fonte has yet to sign the new contract the club has offered. Could he possibly hold out to January and then go for a move. By that time he'll know what way our season is going, whether how we play, and whether it's worth his while staying

We cant ignore the fact that we need a new and decent center back. Some may remember back in late March, April I was calling for us to find a centre back to replace him in the summer. I felt then, as many now also feel, he's not performing to the levels he was. The Premier League is overtaking his abilities, with him resorting to shirt tugging, arm holding and dubious tackles which previously weren't part of his game.

The window has closed but the fall out and future has only just begun.

At this point we don't need a new centre back. It's ridiculous imo to suggest a centre back who was instrumental in winning to euros and who has been by and large excellent for us in the Prem suddenly isn't good enough to play for us. If fonte stays he will be first choice and we have other decent cover options. Only if fonte leaves in Jan will we need to think about whether we need to splash out on chasing another centre back imo.

Was watching the Holland/Sweden game last night, the two strikers caught my eye. Janssen looks like a really good buy for Spurs, and Berg up top for Sweden scored a lovely chip. They mentioned that Marcus Berg had been banging them in for Panathinaikos, late in his career, and wondered whether this was the bloke that Guan said we were after, "with a similar late flourish to Pelle".

Can't see us signing Berg though, he's 30 now.

Alright then I'll go for my usual - the decent CB we didn't sign in the Summer

This could happen - if not it will definitely happen in the summer.

21-23 year old

1-15 international caps

European football experience

Cost between £7m-£15m

Let the guessing begin.

Fonte won't be sold in January and I very much doubt he will leave at all now.

There are only 2 deals I can see happening;

1. A loan to replace a long term injury.

2. An opportunistic, Austin type, 'too good to refuse' bargain for a player nearing the end of his contract.

This could happen - if not it will definitely happen in the summer.

21-23 year old

1-15 international caps

European football experience

Cost between £7m-£15m

Let the guessing begin.

Swedens new central defender Victor Lindelöf-Nilsson - Benfica.