BOURNEMOUTH TO MILAN FLIGHT 20 OCT

sportoptions

Sport Options will be operating a day return flight from Bournemouth airport to Milan Malpensa on 20th October . proposed schedule to leave BOH 0700 - 1015 Milan .... coach transfers airport to visitors parking zone @ San siro . From here you can make your own way to from city centre from the tram terminus outside the stadium . Match kickoff is 1900 local time , after match coaches stadium - airport, return flight 2315 and lands back to Bournemouth 0030 local time . £269 return inc flight , airport tax and coach transfers. details http://www.sportoptions.com , this will be on sale from Monday afternoon 5th September . http://www.sportoptions.com book online or call 02079356129 .

San Siro is open and will be according to Mlan transport website

http://giromilano.atm.it/#/home/

10 min ride from my hotel

Yeah, from looking at the Metro maps online - and the previous metro maps from 2014 showing lines under construction, I'm not sure that half of the Metro line 5 was even built when I went in Jan 2015 - the Tram service 16 definitely wasn't running despite there being lines going right past the ground as it was barricaded off, and I don't know if it runs any more (but doesn't matter if the Metro's open).

Basically the one or two day ATM tickets cover you for as many tram, bus or metro journeys as you want in that period, only about eight Euros for two days. Single tickets are a bit more complicated, hence wanting to get a pass.

Oh and beware "helpful assistants" in the Milan city centre transport hubs, they want tipping for helping you do something you can definitely work out yourself. :?

Match tickets on sale this week .... we still have some space available on the day trip flight from Bournemouth to Milan . £269 fully inclusive roundtrip flight , all airport taxes and coach transfers to / from airport stadium . Early morning departure so plenty of time for lunch and a few drinks in Milan before the game . Return flight should get back to Bournemouth just after midnight . Fully covered ATOL 10314

I booked 4 seats on this plane today and a mate booked another 2, so I'm guessing there is 30 something spaces left. Saints have confirmed by email to me that they won't be putting on another plane. So if you need to go in and out on the same day this looks a good option.

I got travel from Southampton - Stansted for £8.50 this morning (for Israel flight). £3 on southern to Victoria and then easybus to Stansted. Just have to be a bit savvy.

I think Trousers was being sarcastic :) :)

Flights still £15 each way to Turin - 45 mins on the train to Milan 9 euros return

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick mention for how well this trip went.

Having never heard of 'Sport Options' before I was a bit dubious as to their credentials but I have to say how professionally and efficiently the whole trip was run. From the check in at Bournemouth Airport at 5:30 am, to the airport transfers, to the return journey arriving back bang on time at half past midnight, the whole day ran like clockwork. The way we wafted effortlessly and swiftly through Bergamo airport on the way home it almost felt like we were travelling on our own private jet service. (with the added bonus of arriving back at the same time as the players!)

Ok, so the price is never going to be competitive with DIY trips (this was £269 per person if I remember correctly) but for such a hassle free door-to-door service it was worth the extra pennies IMO.

I'm not normally one to write reviews like this but I felt the quality of the trip was worthy of being highlighted in case anyone else has any similar doubts about doing something similar in the future.

Edited by trousers

Having never heard of 'Sport Options' before I was a bit dubious as to their credentials but I have to say how professionally and efficiently the whole trip was run. From the check in at Bournemouth Airport at 5:30 am, to the airport transfers, to the return journey arriving back bang on time at half past midnight, the whole day ran like clockwork. The way we wafted effortlessly and swiftly through Bergamo airport on the way home it almost felt like we were travelling on our own private jet service. (with the added bonus of arriving back at the same time as the players!)

Ok, so the price is never going to be competitive with DIY trips (this was £269 per person if I remember correctly) but for such a hassle free door-to-door service it was worth the extra pennies IMO.

I'm not normally one to write reviews like this but I felt the quality of the trip was worthy of being highlighted in case anyone else has any similar doubts about doing something similar in the future.

I would second that - great service and would definitely use again

Absolutely agree, I dropped them an email today to say what a well organised outfit they were. Would certainly recommend.