-----Redmond---------Long----------

Or try some changes, taking into account Arsenal's poor defense:

----------------Forster-----------------

Cedric---Fonte---Van Dijk---Bertrand

--------------Romeu-------------------

---------Hojbjerg--Tadic--------------

---------------Redmond----------------

-----Rodriguez---------Long----------

McCarthy and Targett stepping up if Ryan/Forster still aren't fit.

Edited by eddie

The diamond might work better against a better side- revert to pace up front so Long back in, and hopefully we might get some breakaway chances for Redmond& Long . I'd expect them to create chances though- last years nil nil was down to Forster being unbelievable so I reckon 3-2.

The diamond might work better against a better side- revert to pace up front so Long back in, and hopefully we might get some breakaway chances for Redmond& Long . I'd expect them to create chances though- last years nil nil was down to Forster being unbelievable so I reckon 3-2.

Going to the Emirates with 1 DM scares me. I said a long time ago that starting a season in the Prem for the 1st time without either Vic or Morgan concerned me. Nothing has changed.

We are learning about the diamond as we go, so let's see how we do.

Would love a goal or 2 just to give us some belief.

3-1 Arsenal,

Hopefully we'll go with more of a 4-1-4-1 and hit them on the break. Mix up the diamond a bit.....I don't want to see 2 up top. or a 4-4-1-1 which we used quite a lot last season.

--------------Forster---------------

Cedric - Fonte - VVD - Bertrand

---------------Romeu----------------

-----Hojbjerg-Clasie-Davis

-------------Redmond---------------

---------------Long---------------

Anything better than a 2-0 defeat is a bonus, even a 1-0 one :/

We have had very good results at home, not as good away, and even last season at the Emirates we did get destroyed and only got a point for poor finishing and amazing goalkeeping from Forster.

My prediction will be 3-1 to Arsenal, Wenger's experience will overcome Puel's tactics.

I'm hoping Boufal can get a run out too, though think Arsenal will come too early for him.

From what i've seen so far diamond looks like it is much worse against better sides as you are left with 2 up top as well as a 10 and far less able to drop successfully into a defensive shape when you don't have the ball.

The whole point of the diamond is to open up the mid table sides who come for a draw. I don't expect to see it against Arsenal to be honest. Or any other better side come to that.

The whole point of the diamond is to open up the mid table sides who come for a draw. I don't expect to see it against Arsenal to be honest. Or any other better side come to that.

See I'm not sure it is, as the lower teams who park the bus are the ones which you need to get high and wide against, and get in behind, I don't think the diamond is suited to good or bad sides