iPhone 7

Batman

If they'd introduced something major with the extra space they'd freed up with the headphone jack I could understand it. But they're just trying to make something else proprietary so you can't use anyone's else's and have to buy it from Apple. It's beyond comical now.

They are including lightning connector wired earphones and supplying a 2.5mm jack adapter in the box according to the MKBHD video I saw.

Yep, and when either of them break, or people lose them, where are they going to have to go to buy replacements now rather than just using the numerous sets of headphones they probably have scattered around the house? It's the first step in getting rid of non-apple headphones from their products. They're probably building up to making them sealed units so if the headphones break you have to replace the phone. Jobs was big on sealed units...

There are also concerns that you can't charge the device and use the headphones at the same time, especially for car users.

On the bright side, it's only apple sheep who are going to be affected by it.

Yep, and when either of them break, or people lose them, where are they going to have to go to buy replacements now rather than just using the numerous sets of headphones they probably have scattered around the house? It's the first step in getting rid of non-apple headphones from their products. They're probably building up to making them sealed units so if the headphones break you have to replace the phone. Jobs was big on sealed units...

There are also concerns that you can't charge the device and use the headphones at the same time, especially for car users.

On the bright side, it's only apple sheep who are going to be affected by it.

Fair points.I understand the 2.5mm jack converter will cost around $10 to replace

I remember I had a sony ericsson k800i which used the charging/data port for the handsfree/earphones, and their solution was to have a passthrough connector on the charging cable. Fat chance of apple implementing anything similar.

sh!te as always, no idea why people still buy these things, they stopped making innovative and exciting phones 4 years ago and a ridiculously far behind the tech curve.

So predictable. Every thread there has been regarding Apple has the analysts out predicting their demise.

Strange people feel so strongly really.

And it is as if no one has heard if Bluetooth the fuss being made if air pads. Not impressed myself seems uninspiring innovation. Not enough for me to ditch current phone.

Also price hike thanks to Brexit effects on currency. Bstrds

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/07/apple-airpods-launch-problems-with-wireless-headphones

You know it's not popular when a tech review is basically just one big sarcastic put-down

I liked this comment at the end of the story.

"$159/£120?? based on my consumption of £5 headphones from Tesco I reckon an iphone 7 will cost me about two grand a year".

I liked this comment at the end of the story.

"$159/£120?? based on my consumption of £5 headphones from Tesco I reckon an iphone 7 will cost me about two grand a year".

Conservative estimate as aren't they going to be £159 not £120.