Shearer Statue

Dublin Saint

A realistic statue of Shearer a top, top, top, top, top player if ever there was one would have his left elbow up at head height smacking into some poor sod's jawbone. What's that Alan? You need to get your elbows up to gain height... right!

Surely we didn't teach hime these tricks. Credit where due he does his best to put a positive word in for us against the BBC wholly negative narrative about Saints.

One to rival Ted Bates maybe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-37339832

The person that did this has obviously never seen Shearer lol

to be fair, it is nowhere near as bad as the ted bates statue. I think it is a reasonable likeness of when he was younger, and the proportions are ok. there was not a single appendage on Ted's that was proportionally correct. In fact, looking back, it can only have been done so wrong by someone deliberately. even the football was one of those 5-a-side practise ones.

I remember sitting outside St Mary's on the morning following the unveiling of the original statue, alongside an elderly gentleman who probably would have seen Ted in his early SFC days. He was just shaking his head and almost in tears. I on the other hand was shaking my head and trying to contain the laughs, but I did feel sorry for the other chap.

Good on Leon Crouch for sorting it out.

I remember sitting outside St Mary's on the morning following the unveiling of the original statue, alongside an elderly gentleman who probably would have seen Ted in his early SFC days. He was just shaking his head and almost in tears. I on the other hand was shaking my head and trying to contain the laughs, but I did feel sorry for the other chap.

It's just a shame the video I have of my ex-girlfriend seeing the original Ted Statue for the first time will never see the light of day again. Gobsmacked was not the word.

nx0xmt.jpg

Well deserved - brilliant striker, for me the best English no 9 of all time.

Still, we've got one or two legends of our own.....personally I'd love to see a statue of this bloke outside SMS. An absolute legend.

im not one for getting excited about YouTube video evidence, but we should definitely think about putting in a bid for that fellah!