Losing Interest

Heisenberg

• 6 months later...

Had a flick through the leicester forum earlier, seems all doom n gloom with loadsa comments like "really losing interest" "boring" and "3pm Saturday is now a good time for a nap"

On the contrary I feel RH has given us a lift and for first time in 2 years I'm starting to look forward to games again.

Anyone feel the same energy again?

Had a flick through the leicester forum earlier, seems all doom n gloom with loadsa comments like "really losing interest" "boring" and "3pm Saturday is now a good time for a nap"

On the contrary I feel RH has given us a lift and for first time in 2 years I'm starting to look forward to games again.

Anyone feel the same energy again?

Agreed. Got to love fickle football fans :)

There's nothing fickle about any of it. Fans don't go to football games to look at league tables, we want to be entertained by what's on the pitch. That didn't happen here under Puel and it looks like it's not happening at Leicester either.

People slaughtered us for wanting him sacked when we came 8th (clearly didn't delve a little deeper). Now a different fan base are going through the same dross are wanting the same. Makes me chuckle.

Ultimately it's about entertainment, and of course the results. Their results are OK, but entertainment is very low. Therefore, it won't take long before fans get fed up and bored. One bad run and it all looks very bleak.

I doubt he'll see out the season, and maybe then people will see we weren't wrong in our decision. Even in spite of Pelligrino and Hughes I felt getting rid of Puel was the right decision - we just replaced him with duds.

I'm fickle, and happy being so. Walking away from SMS on Sunday, I had a lightness in my step and a grin on my face. Something that hasn't happened for a very long time. I don't enjoy it coming away feeling despondent, something that we have all been feeling far too much for far too long.

Dunno mate, as much as i'm excited to see what RH can do i'm still f*cking sick of the premier league. The money is obscene, the premier league regularly changes rules to benefit the already rich clubs (see the recent one getting rid of replays in the 5th round of the FA Cup), the atmosphere is generally sh*t, and games are still moved all the time for the overseas tv viewers.

Yeah we might be a bit more positive about Saints, but it doesn't fix most of the stuff people on this thread have moaned about.

Dunno mate, as much as i'm excited to see what RH can do i'm still f*cking sick of the premier league. The money is obscene, the premier league regularly changes rules to benefit the already rich clubs (see the recent one getting rid of replays in the 5th round of the FA Cup), the atmosphere is generally sh*t, and games are still moved all the time for the overseas tv viewers.

Yeah we might be a bit more positive about Saints, but it doesn't fix most of the stuff people on this thread have moaned about.

The premier league is still a bag of ********, but I'm happy to go from moaning to being happy - massively fickle, me :)

The premier league is still a bag of ********, but I'm happy to go from moaning to being happy - massively fickle, me :)

Getting back to the days of bloodying the noses of the big boys rather than lying down and getting torn a new one makes up for a lot of the misgivings I have about The Prem to be honest.

I can quite happily live with being in The Prem if we continue with this renewed appetite to at least try and compete against the Big Guns.

I reckon I'd be walking around with a boner for a few days if we gave Liverpool a tonking at SMS ..... which I certainly wouldn't get beating the likes of Brentford, Rotherham or Wigan!!

Trouble is, if Husenhustle is a success, I guess he'll probably give us two seasons before moving on. Is it wrong that whenever someone good comes along I wonder how long before they go?

Got to accept that everything is short term these days I suppose and enjoy the moment.

Trouble is, if Husenhustle is a success, I guess he'll probably give us two seasons before moving on. Is it wrong that whenever someone good comes along I wonder how long before they go?

Got to accept that everything is short term these days I suppose and enjoy the moment.

I'm not convinced that was the "Southampton way" but more the Les Reed way.

Leicester have shown that you can keep top player talent for more than 2 years, so have even AFCB and Palace.

Even we showed (b4 Les) that players will stay longer if they are part of something with potential