Losing Interest

Heisenberg

Stayed up late last night to watch Liverpool v United over here in Brisbane. United were shuffling it back and forth across the back and middle for long periods so having endured several long minutes of such play I thought I would just close my eyes for a bit when they were doing it and wait for the commentary to pick up. Literally fell asleep within about 5 minutes. That is what possession football, the 'one up front' philosophy, has done to the game.

Stayed up late last night to watch Liverpool v United over here in Brisbane. United were shuffling it back and forth across the back and middle for long periods so having endured several long minutes of such play I thought I would just close my eyes for a bit when they were doing it and wait for the commentary to pick up. Literally fell asleep within about 5 minutes. That is what possession football, the 'one up front' philosophy, has done to the game.

Jose’s got them playing the way Utd should. They should look at their neighbours to see how Pep has got a team playing the way most would like to see it played.

• 7 months later...
The clubs financial ambitions being prioritised so much higher than 'on the pitch' success is killing everyone's enthusiasm for SFC.

Some just quicker than others!!

"We got our club back" :lol:

It's just the summer break you pudding!

The drama will return in August !

It's just the summer break you pudding!

The drama will return in August !

I`m looking forward to the season, as one of the drama queens on here i suspect you are preparing ways how you can mention 17th place and Hoddle

in as many post as possible...

I think you either create a euro super league and then get a much more competitive EPL or you put in a salary cap like NFL, Rugby etc

Otherwise the 'product' just continues to decline

Exactly. It will never happen though (well, not in our lifetime), but unfortunately we have designed a product that only the most lucrative clubs will be able to aspire to win. All else make up the numbers and every 50 years or so may achieve the impossible (Leicester City).

I think you either create a euro super league and then get a much more competitive EPL or you put in a salary cap like NFL, Rugby etc

Personally, I'd like to see an increase in the home-grown quota. 8 is the current amount I think, doesn't really feel like it's enough. In a 25 man squad, should be closer to 15.

I suspect Liverpool, Man City, Everton, WHU fans ect will be excited for next season.

Our club is season by season squeezing all excitement out of football and supporting the club

If you are that unhappy you can always choose to stop supporting and stop posting on here at the same time...

I suspect Liverpool, Man City, Everton, WHU fans ect will be excited for next season.

Our club is season by season squeezing all excitement out of football and supporting the club

Except for you obviously who has been like a pig in ****e the last year or so. I bet you are rubbing your hands with excitement at the thought of another poor season...

Actually knowing supporters of three of those clubs, Man City, Everton and West Ham, i know many of them feel the same way about the Premier League a lot of us here do. Ok they're an "older generation" (my kind of age who remember the days before the premier league), but they're all roundly p*ssed off with the money (yes even the City fan), the lack of atmosphere, the moved kick offs and things like VAR.

Also the City fan i know says that they've now entered a place where the club hold back a number of tickets to AWAY games that they sell via Thomas Cook as packages for tourists coming over... Can you imagine how galling that must be for their fans that've followed them from league one back to the premier league?

From the many other club supporters (and by that i mean people that actually go) that i've spoken to it feels a pretty general malaise from fans in the Premier League. In fact i honestly think we're on the cusp of a big fall out from fans in the top flight, and wouldn't be surprised for attendances to generally start falling off in the next few years.

Why would West Ham fans be excited, they follow the same model every Off Season and end up more in debt and more a mid table side.

The lot i know despise the Olympic Stadium and feel like they've had their club sold out from under them, they also hate the dildo brothers and think most of what comes out of their press team is utter b*llocks.

Actually knowing supporters of three of those clubs, Man City, Everton and West Ham, i know many of them feel the same way about the Premier League a lot of us here do. Ok they're an "older generation" (my kind of age who remember the days before the premier league), but they're all roundly p*ssed off with the money (yes even the City fan), the lack of atmosphere, the moved kick offs and things like VAR.

Also the City fan i know says that they've now entered a place where the club hold back a number of tickets to AWAY games that they sell via Thomas Cook as packages for tourists coming over... Can you imagine how galling that must be for their fans that've followed them from league one back to the premier league?

From the many other club supporters (and by that i mean people that actually go) that i've spoken to it feels a pretty general malaise from fans in the Premier League. In fact i honestly think we're on the cusp of a big fall out from fans in the top flight, and wouldn't be surprised for attendances to generally start falling off in the next few years.

Another factor which could affect the Premier League's popularity in future is the rise of the Chinese Super League, with the money available and the massive number of local fans, potentially football's equivalent of the IPL.

Another factor which could affect the Premier League's popularity in future is the rise of the Chinese Super League, with the money available and the massive number of local fans, potentially football's equivalent of the IPL.

No chance.

No chance.

Perhaps we need to start looking at things from a different angle. We assume Saints trip to China in July is to boost awareness of Southampton FC amongst Mr Gao's fellow Chinamen, but perhaps it's a subtle attempt to raise our awareness of the Chinese league? Before we know it we'll all be subscribing to whichever channel has the rights to their matches.

Perhaps we need to start looking at things from a different angle. We assume Saints trip to China in July is to boost awareness of Southampton FC amongst Mr Gao's fellow Chinamen, but perhaps it's a subtle attempt to raise our awareness of the Chinese league? Before we know it we'll all be subscribing to whichever channel has the rights to their matches.

Confucius say: "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell."

Confucius say: "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell."

Confucius also [might have] said, knowing a tomato is a fruit is knowledge, knowing not to serve it as a fruit is wisdom. I was in China for 10 days recently, and they still put tomatoes in the fruit bowl every day.

I`m looking forward to the season, as one of the drama queens on here i suspect you are preparing ways how you can mention 17th place and Hoddle

in as many post as possible...

Building up to it. Thinking about my next notable theme or prediction.

Confucius also [might have] said, knowing a tomato is a fruit is knowledge, knowing not to serve it as a fruit is wisdom. I was in China for 10 days recently, and they still put tomatoes in the fruit bowl every day.

Um......yeah......no.......what the heck, I'll just take the internet route.... RACIST! ;)

Building up to it. Thinking about my next notable theme or prediction.
Don't put too much time into it. Over the years that you've been posting the same thing ad nauseam, you've predicted nothing notable whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

They put salad cream on fruit salad too.

Edited by benjii

I really thought i was the only person to become disillusioned with the state of football today, having read this that is clearly not the case, of course i have even become more disillusioned with the the top six clubs receiving an even larger slice of the financial cake as of next season. As we already had a two league premiership, that gap has been further widened by the FA and 8 premiership clubs agreeing that the top six should get more money, crazy, unfortunately this for me has now widened to the national team and frankly for the first time ever, i want the world cup done and finished.

We know the new kit already.

Looks increasingly obvious we wont be signing anyone and will struggle to hold on to a few we have.

We still have the same blundering conceited off-field management.

Genuinely not surprised that interest is waining....

Same as it ever was. Normally you get lambasted for telling it 'as it is'.

Looks increasingly obvious we wont be signing anyone and will struggle to hold on to a few we have.

Go on then tell us how it looks increasingly likely we wont be buying and struggling to hold on to a few.... its June 12th FFS....

I'm intrigued to know how you've jumped to both of those conclusions. There have been very few signings by any Premier League team so far this summer.

I'm intrigued to know how you've jumped to both of those conclusions. There have been very few signings by any Premier League team so far this summer.

Oh, yawn....

Even the new manager is inferring it.

Christ you are boring.

Please show me with evidence where Mark Hughes has inferred your claim that...

1) "Looks increasingly obvious we won't be signing anyone"

2) "Will struggle to hold onto the few we have"

I have a suspicion you've just made it up again! :mcinnes:

LQW.gif

Edited by Matthew Le God

Oh, yawn....

Even the new manager is inferring it.

Christ you are boring.

Is he inferring it, that is, coming to that conclusion based on the information he has been given? Or is he implying it, that is, information he is giving leads to that conclusion? These things are important.

Yep!

Plus... every year alpine_saint doesn't like being called out for his bull**** with inconvenient things like facts.

Except he isn't bull****ting is he? People don't like the fact that a minority have proven to be right. Last season being a classic piece of supporting evidence.

Who had 12th June in the sweepstake?

I would be utterly amazed if we don't sign anyone

I'd happily place a bet that we will sign at least 2 players.

I agree though with those who think we aren't going to open the chequebook with a view to totally rebuilding the team.

Edited by SaintBobby
typo

We will sign someone, i bet my hat on it.

Do we need to sign 5-6 players. No.

What we need to sign is a decent CB (or maybe not if Berdanek continues his impressive form), A Winger or Attacking Midflielder, and a Striker. (or maybe not if Hughes can get Gabbi firing)

Love and Light.

Edited by EkonOkereke

Except he isn't bull****ting is he? People don't like the fact that a minority have proven to be right. Last season being a classic piece of supporting evidence.

He is bull****ting, not sure why anyone other than a troll would think he isn't. So I guess that is why you are onboard.

1) He claimed the top 6 have been "extremely active" in the window so far. 3 of them haven't signed a player and the other three have signed 4 players in total between them!

2) He suggested "increasingly obvious we wont be signing anyone and will struggle to hold on to a few we have" and couldn't provide a shred of evidence for that.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Let the clappers have their yearly bit of fun...

I refer you to my reply...

He is bull****ting, not sure why anyone other than a troll would think he isn't. So I guess that is why you are onboard.

1) He claimed the top 6 have been "extremely active" in the window so far. 3 of them haven't signed a player and the other three have signed 4 players in total between them!

2) He suggested "increasingly obvious we wont be signing anyone and will struggle to hold on to a few we have" and couldn't provide a shred of evidence for that.

So it isn't just a bit of fun, it is calling you out yet again for your annual nonsense.

Edited by Matthew Le God