Saints vs Sparta: Match Thread

Hamilton Saint

I'd give hojbjerg 20 minutes too

Tend to agree but Puel might also be thinking about the effect on Long that a substitution would do. He needs a goal to get his confidence back and the team need a confident Long. He can't score if he's not on the pitch so maybe with the lead at 2 goals, he'll stay on and carry on looking for a chance to take.

A real leader in every way

Would make a great defensive midfielder if he played just in front of two center halves

He needs to at least be leading the back 4 now, probably the team unless Jose can make massive changes. I wouldn't be too sad to see Yoshi line up next to him Saturday

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

He needs to at least be leading the back 4 now, probably the team unless Jose can make massive changes. I wouldn't be too sad to see Yoshi line up next to him Saturday

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I would. Even if you ignore Yoshida's two mistakes, he's so slow to make his mind up with distribution. Almost always ends up running out of time and popping it on to the full back, or turning around and making Forster go long. Not a good option for a team trying to build from the back.