Saints beat Sparta 3-0: Post-Match Ecstasy

Hamilton Saint

MotM vs Sparta Prague (Home EL Group Stage 2016/17)  

276 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Sparta Prague (Home EL Group Stage 2016/17)

• Forster
    • Targett
    • Martina
    • Yoshida
    • van Dijk
    • Romeu
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Højbjerg
    • Tadić
    • Long
    • Austin
    • Redmond
    • Rodriguez
    • Davis

Same formation and strike force at the weekend, please!

Win- keep the formation

Lose- revert back to old formation/change

Haha- anyways- really good performance, I did expect a comfortable win anyway tbh, so got the job done.

Martina was actually really good, pleased for him.

Only negative? Tadic and Austin fighting over the pen- don't want to see that.

Hojlberg is the BOSS.

Notable mention for Oriel who was everywhere.

I like to see that from a striker. Great composure to slot that pen in after the mini dispute.

The night topped off by that great third goal with the wonderful finish from Jay.

We might just do better in Europe than the league this season. If actually take that.

Still don't like the diamond - in the first half, there were quite clear passing lanes through the midfield which better teams would have made more of. Still, good finishes from Austin, nice play from Martina with the assists and a couple of other passes, and another goal for JRod. Oh, and Yoshida very frustrating with his distribution - so slow to make a decision he almost always ends up turning and making Forster play long.

Van Dijk is a class act.

Martina was great! Does he have his own song? (Something based around Copa Cabana - Cuco Martina - over to you Turkish!)

Feeling very positive about the team for the first time this season (fickle?), much better performance all round.

Brilliant performance. Martina and VVD were absolutely class. Oriol was gash in the first half but massive improvement in the second. Austin was sound as was Tadic. Bertrand, Fonte and Davis in for Targett, Yoshida and JWP. Absolutely brilliant performance from start to finish from Saints! COYR!

Great to get a win under our belt!

Not the greatest game I've seen, but that was because we didn't need to stretch ourselves. It was pretty much all wrapped up early on.

Romeu my MoM, just ahead of Martina. Both had excellent games. Also thought Hojbjerg and VvD had good matches. Chuffed for Charlie to get a brace and what a lovely finish from JRod! Redmond also looked good when he came on and did more than Tadic had all night before him.

Top of the league! And, given the result in the other match, I would be very happy with a draw in Israel in two week's time.

Still don't like the diamond - in the first half, there were quite clear passing lanes through the midfield which better teams would have made more of. Still, good finishes from Austin, nice play from Martina with the assists and a couple of other passes, and another goal for JRod. Oh, and Yoshida very frustrating with his distribution - so slow to make a decision he almost always ends up turning and making Forster play long.

I agree regarding the diamond. With our personnel it is not making the best use of what we have, and the system is too easily combatted in the Prem.

--------------------------Forster---------------------

Cedric (Cuco)--Fonte------Van Dijk-------Bertrand

------------Hojberg------Romeu (Clasie)-----------

Redmond------Boufal (Davis)----------Tadic (JRod)

---------------Austin (Long or on wings)-----------

Looks a good team.

We needed that.

Actual strikers playing up front is the kind of revolutionary thinking we needed at this time.

There was no real change from how we've played in previous games. The formation, team selection and rotation up top was quite similar to the Sunderland game.

We were really good. Made Sparta look poor. Van Dyke is a beast, great captaining sorting out the penalty, especially as I had 3 nil with Austin first scorer. Mentions to Martina, Romeu and Austin who looked shattered at the end. Also Hoj is class.

Another poor touch by fans singing only one Koeman, move on and get behind our team. Embarrassing d1ckheads.

Also good ref, nice to see one.

Controlled this match from start to finish but need to cut out some very slapdash loss of possession with Romeu being the biggest culprit ! I realise that he otherwise had a good game but he could have cost us on a few occasions !

TBF we played just as well against Arsenal but the difference was the quality of opposition and the result due to a dodgy ref !

Good atmosphere tonight. Enjoyed it !

Great result, good, enjoyable night, but I really didn't think we were great. Sloppy in possession at times, would have been punished by a better side. Still didn't create a huge amount.

Great atmosphere first half, pretty dead 2nd apart from being livened up by the bell ends from Prague.

A good win against a pretty average side. Still struggle to see that formation working and in terms of clear cut chances we didn't create much bar the goals. Not getting carried away but a win breathes confidence but we need to be much better to win on Sunday.

Seriously? No Bertrand?! Long keeps his place after that performance?

We made changes with Sunday in mind and I'm sure we'll freshen it up. I'd love to see Austin and Rodriguez but he hasn't used that combination so guessing he doesn't like it. Probably Austin and Redmond Sunday, with Bertrand, Cedric, Fonte, Clasie and Davis coming in for Targett, Martina, Yoshi, Hojbjerg and JWP. Not what I'd do, but what I think he'll do.

It would be a travesty if Cuco is dropped.

Controlled this match from start to finish but need to cut out some very slapdash loss of possession with Romeu being the biggest culprit ! I realise that he otherwise had a good game but he could have cost us on a few occasions !

TBF we played just as well against Arsenal but the difference was the quality of opposition and the result due to a dodgy ref !

Good atmosphere tonight. Enjoyed it !

Blame 2 of those on the hospital passes he was given!!

The challenge in our area after the booking was outstanding.

Long and Tadic were poor , Martina and Yosh very good. VVD on different planet.

Austin is a striker okay play him there not banishing wide to allow Tadic behind striker look difference Redmond made quicker passes more incisive .

Sparta crap but we were decent at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back.

Sparta were shîte!!!

Thought we played well, controlled the game.

Thoughts:

Penalty argument - wtf was that?

Yoshi was awful - really bad

Tadic / long had a quiet game

VvD was exceptional

Martina is not a great defender but made some quality crosses

Very happy all in all. Glad we avoided the rain.

Just got back.

Sparta were shîte!!!

Thought we played well, controlled the game.

Thoughts:

Penalty argument - wtf was that?

Yoshi was awful - really bad

Tadic / long had a quiet game

VvD was exceptional

Martina is not a great defender but made some quality crosses

Very happy all in all. Glad we avoided the rain.

You are taking the **** surely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk