Rodriguez Joins WBA - Official

beowulf

He wants to go....this deal has been on the cards for a while.

Partly due to Puel and not getting game time.

This rotation system is upsetting many at the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's upsetting me too. Because it is BONKERS

• 2 months later...

I feel really sorry for Jay as his career has not progressed since the injury at Man City

I think the club has dealt with his injury well but if I was the Manager I would let him go and try to invest any transfer fee in a new forward

I've always loved Jay as a player, but he's definitely lost something since his injury. He doesn't seem as mobile to me and looks a lot more leggy and certainly not as quick along the ground.

I think it's pretty clear he'll be going this window, hope he gets a club better than WBA though. Wonder if he could turn back up at Burnley.

Jay Rod was most successful for Saints when he played on the left left side of the three in a 4-2-3-1 formation. That was the position that he also played in his one appearance for England. Since returning from injury he hasn't played there, but it would be good to see him tried in that role before the end of the season. I felt that it suits his attributes and running with the ball froma deeper position was one of his strengths.

I appreciate that he may no longer have the fitness levels to play there, but before we give up on him completely and flog him in the summer, it would be nice to try him in the role where he had so much success. Now that Saints play 4-2-3-1 he could be utilized there again. Unlikely to happen, but would be bad news if a new club succeeded by playing him in his best position because we didn't try it.

Jay Rod was most successful for Saints when he played on the left left side of the three in a 4-2-3-1 formation. That was the position that he also played in his one appearance for England. Since returning from injury he hasn't played there, but it would be good to see him tried in that role before the end of the season. I felt that it suits his attributes and running with the ball froma deeper position was one of his strengths.

I appreciate that he may no longer have the fitness levels to play there, but before we give up on him completely and flog him in the summer, it would be nice to try him in the role where he had so much success. Now that Saints play 4-2-3-1 he could be utilized there again. Unlikely to happen, but would be bad news if a new club succeeded by playing him in his best position because we didn't try it.

That was his best position, but Poch's system was really fluid. His starting position was left-wing but he would also interchange with the other players in attack so Sir Rickie would drop deep and Jay would bomb on into his position too.

That was his best position, but Poch's system was really fluid. His starting position was left-wing but he would also interchange with the other players in attack so Sir Rickie would drop deep and Jay would bomb on into his position too.

Remember when poch first got here, he said he wanted Rodriguez to play a lot closer to lambert but from the left. It worked a treat for both players

Similar I guess to dele alli this season, playing a lot closer to Harry kane

I agree, although with such an intelligent player as Gabbiadini, such a style could be effective again. I still believe Jay Rod running from deeper positions was a strength that we miss as Puel always plays him as the main target.

Remember when poch first got here, he said he wanted Rodriguez to play a lot closer to lambert but from the left. It worked a treat for both players

Similar I guess to dele alli this season, playing a lot closer to Harry kane

Yeah. It worked really well as Rickie could both spot & play a lovely through-ball to Jay has he ran through from the wide-left position. I know we had some stinkers under Poch, but primarily I remember how fluid we were up top.

Matt Law at the Telegraph seemed to think Spurs might still be interested in Jay a few months ago.

The diamond we played earlier in the season would have been perfect for a fit Jay Rod.

As it is, though, it's hard to see him getting a run in the first team so probably best for everyone for him to move on if there is genuine interest.

• 1 month later...
Although academic now, JRod, Long, Tadic and Boufal should be having a long hard look at themselves and their stats for last season.

Agreed, with the slight exception that I'd afford Boufal some time to adjust, as we did Mane. Mane was far better in his second season; Boufal needs to be the same.

He scored 5 league goals in the equivalent of 10 games.

Badly treated by Puel and dont blame him for wanting out

He was correctly treated by Puel as he was poor. He scored the luckiest goal against Sunderland and that stopped us selling him and getting in somebody sharper, as the fans were up in arms that we were going to sell him

He was correctly treated by Puel as he was poor. He scored the luckiest goal against Sunderland and that stopped us selling him and getting in somebody sharper, as the fans were up in arms that we were going to sell him

5 league goals in the equivalent of under 10 league games says different

5 league goals in the equivalent of under 10 league games says different

If he had have scored his open goal against Inter Milan at the San Siro we'd have got through to the knockout's of the Europa League, id rather focus on that than the goals he scored against Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Bournemouth.