Rodriguez Joins WBA - Official

beowulf

• 5 months later...
8 goals for Jay now.

The Jay-Rod situation sums up how bad it's been for the last two season.

We had a gem of a player in Jay, who suffers a nasty injury. We stick by him for all that recovery period as he was one of the most exciting talents in the squad.

Yet he comes back and is just shoved in the team as a bit part player after rehabilitation.

Puel's crap style of footy stifled him and he wanted out, all the while fans and coaches have already dismissed him as past it and not good enough for this progressive style.

Now he's looking back to his best under Pardew, probably because he's actually put faith him in.

So rather than doing the same with a player we already have, we ship him out for a snip and then break our transfer record on someone unproven in the Prem.

Obviously I'm going to get behind Guido but it just heightens to the shambles this club has been this past year.

We had a gem of a player in Jay, who suffers a nasty injury. We stick by him for all that recovery period as he was one of the most exciting talents in the squad.

Yet he comes back and is just shoved in the team as a bit part player after rehabilitation.

Puel's crap style of footy stifled him and he wanted out, all the while fans and coaches have already dismissed him as past it and not good enough for this progressive style.

Now he's looking back to his best under Pardew, probably because he's actually put faith him in.

So rather than doing the same with a player we already have, we ship him out for a snip and then break our transfer record on someone unproven in the Prem.

Obviously I'm going to get behind Guido but it just heightens to the shambles this club has been this past year.

You do realise that Jrod played under Koeman during the 2015/16 season and also looked out desperately of sorts? I like freaks and a bit of colour -and you’re definitely an aspiring ART but get your facts right pal.

He was average his first season with us, had a very good season under Poch (sadly cut short by injury) after injury he was crap on his return under both Koeman and Puel we did the right thing off loading him what ever happens else where.

He was average his first season with us, had a very good season under Poch (sadly cut short by injury) after injury he was crap on his return under both Koeman and Puel we did the right thing off loading him what ever happens else where.

Crap?

Scored 3 in 6* under Koeman

Scored 5 in the premier league in 10* under Puel

*minutes equivalent

those sort of stats are making Carrillo looks like a world beater from his time and Monaco, in another thread

You can't score if you dont play, but if you dont play you need to question why.

Typically i guess these types are chucked on last 10-15 in a desperate attempt to grab something.

Scoring stats may therefore be misleading.

However Jay was never "crap"

His goal to minutes ratio this season is worse than Austin & Gabbiadini despite much more opportunity (3x as much playing time as Austin).

This seems an apt place to put this:-

http://georgeweahscousin.com/the-weekly-rannt-ex-infatuations/

absolutely spot on. No doubt he had a good game yesterday but regardless of what has happened since, we got a good fee and it was time to move on. It will be meltdown central if he scores against us next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

While Jay certainly looked good yesterday, I don't think we should be trying to rewrite history. Most people on this board agreed that he was, sadly, no longer good enough for Saints and were amazed we managed to get so much money for him. Yesterday he looked like the old J-Rod. This might be due to any number of reasons: luck, a change of manager or team set-up or perhaps a change of attitude from the player. It may last and WBA may have got a bargain. But I don't think anyone here predicted that at the time he left.

While Jay certainly looked good yesterday, I don't think we should be trying to rewrite history. Most people on this board agreed that he was, sadly, no longer good enough for Saints and were amazed we managed to get so much money for him. Yesterday he looked like the old J-Rod. This might be due to any number of reasons: luck, a change of manager or team set-up or perhaps a change of attitude from the player. It may last and WBA may have got a bargain. But I don't think anyone here predicted that at the time he left.

Agree with you totally. Good luck to him, shame we don’t stay with our players. Next one out Gabby who hasn’t been given chance to show his best.

Jay Rod will rescue Westbrom at the expense of us.
time will tell. Pardew has got them playing and sadly they are hitting form just as we are to play them.

The decision to sell JRod is not why we are where we are, it is down to the complacency of the board. It must be 2-3 years that we have been needing another good forward and we have failed in that position.

There's no doubt an in-form J-Rod is a great player. However, as with many employees that lose motivation (form), sometimes a fresh start is the only option to recapture that. I am pleased for him but severely doubt he'd have recaptured that form at Saints, no matter who was the manager. He just needed a change.

People on here, forget that players are humans with emotions and motivations that are sometimes out of the control of a manager.

True, virtually everyone thought it was a good deal.

But flogging him and replacing him with no one was obviously going to weaken the squad. A squad that struggled massively to score.