Rodriguez Joins WBA - Official

beowulf

That's the second time recently he's come off the bench and scored. I think his future role, at least for the coming months, is to take on the role of super sub. If he can pick up late goals like this, he going to be very important to the team.

I know we didn't see much of him last night,but that one touch for his goal was pure class.I was worried that he could never be the player he was after his injury but I think he could well be on the way back to being so.

Best thing about this season so far is JRod's tentative first steps to potentially getting back to the pre-injury version. That finish showed the kind of composure Long sadly does not possess and never will.

Have no idea why we were even considering loaning him out?? fair enough if we had loads of strikers and werent in europe but far as i can see we only have two other strikers and at least 6 extra games he can play in.

Just started showing little signs of the magic that got him in the England setup up and have been watching him sprint, seems to have his pace back. Fingers crossed for his recovery. He might even end up being that top striker we never signed in the summer

Yep, I like JRod. I wish the would move Redmond to midfield and rotate JRod, Austin, and Long at forward. I think this would be a more potent line up.

I agree I think rotate Jay Rod Long and Austin then have Redmond Tadic and Boufal on rotation on the wings, that attack IMO would be good enough to help us finish 8th and have a good cup run.

Shows his brain is still there even if his body isn't quite back the way it was. One thing I liked about JRod in his prime was the really crisp way he took a shot and the power he generated behind it. I can't see him being as quick as he was but many players adapt their game as they get older, maybe he can too due to his injury.

Have no idea why we were even considering loaning him out?? fair enough if we had loads of strikers and werent in europe but far as i can see we only have two other strikers and at least 6 extra games he can play in.

Just started showing little signs of the magic that got him in the England setup up and have been watching him sprint, seems to have his pace back. Fingers crossed for his recovery. He might even end up being that top striker we never signed in the summer

Had we loaned him out it is possible that his return to fitness might have been rushed by his new club which could have set him back. Thank goodness we didn't pursue this daft idea.

The fact that we have actually signed a striker but you're pretending we haven't because we signed him before the summer window.

im not pretending we have not, so not sure why you are suggesting it.

Just saying we should have brought a striker in the summer as we have (as many predicted) a situation where we lack goals and injured strikers appear to be....injured. As they were last season

im not pretending we have not, so not sure why you are suggesting it.

Just saying we should have brought a striker in the summer as we have (as many predicted) a situation where we lack goals and injured strikers appear to be....injured. As they were last season

Last season we had Pelle, Mané and Juanmi

This season we have Austin, Boufal, Redmond and hopefully a fitter J Rod.

Everything else is the same. Stop being a drama queen.

Last season we had Pelle, Mané and Juanmi

This season we have Austin, Boufal, Redmond and hopefully a fitter J Rod.

Everything else is the same. Stop being a drama queen.

last season, we had, Rodriguez, Austin (from Jan) Mane, Long, Pelle Juanmi and Tadic

Now, Austin, Rodriguez, Long, Tadic, Redmond, Boufal

still think there is a gap to be filled. more so when we still kept the two most injury prone forwards.

Puel was asked post match on Solent was it just a slight knock or something more serious regarding his recent injuries to his knee/foot. Puel was very coy in his reply said it was his leg and we'll have to wait to see how serious it is.

Puel was asked post match on Solent was it just a slight knock or something more serious regarding his recent injuries to his knee/foot. Puel was very coy in his reply said it was his leg and we'll have to wait to see how serious it is.

Jesus Christ. Just when he was starting to look like finally getting going again. Damn shame.

Well, it was being said all along on here that going forwards only with Long, J-Rod and Austin, with the last two having permanent fitness issues, having not replaced Pelle and Mane, was a colossal risk. And so it is proving.

We are one Austin knee-knock away from am major-sh*t crisis.

Have to agree with you here

It's plain for everyone to see that Redmond is not a striker, he does not have a strikers instinct, he's almost always way behind the play when the ball goes into the opposition box, he doesn't make runs to try to break beyond the defence, his shooting accuracy is woeful & his decision making is laboured. Put him on the wing & he is much more effective. Les made a major error in not replacing Pelle's physical strength & Mane's pace & shooting accuracy like for like in our attack. If we had those attributes, we would have had more points by now. As for Jay, let's hope it isn't serious, he's been showing how good he can be & was just getting his confidence back again, one of brightest sparks in our season so far.

It's plain for everyone to see that Redmond is not a striker, he does not have a strikers instinct, he's almost always way behind the play when the ball goes into the opposition box, he doesn't make runs to try to break beyond the defence, his shooting accuracy is woeful & his decision making is laboured. Put him on the wing & he is much more effective. Les made a major error in not replacing Pelle's physical strength & Mane's pace & shooting accuracy like for like in our attack. If we had those attributes, we would have had more points by now. As for Jay, let's hope it isn't serious, he's been showing how good he can be & was just getting his confidence back again, one of brightest sparks in our season so far.

Why dont you stop whingeing and support the team

We have a decent squad so lets get behind them and Puel who probably knows what he is doing and how to improve players.

MOTD2 were waxing lyrical about the transformation of Redmond to a striker. They commented that playing on the wing for Norwich he struggled to stay in the side and never really had the chance to express himself. They actually highlighted his decision making as one of his strengths. His shooting, they said, will get better but despite the miss he was their man of the match by a country mile.

I'de cancel my licence fee if i was you.