• Davis
    • Tadić
    • Redmond
    • Austin
    • Long
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Martina

enjoyed that.

Crap first 20 mins or so from both sides.

good in defence, Cedric a bit suspect early on

as the game went on we just got stronger

Austin a very good as was Tadic, Redmond, Romeu, Hoj and VvD with Bertrand

in the end, we brushed the aside

We played some very good stuff and the only negative was that is could have easily been more than 3

great performance in the end. great stuff

What a fantastic performance. first half took all the sting out of WH, owned possession. brilliant move for a goal. Second half, thrilling. To be fair, they maybe should have had the penalty, but I think we win either way. Our set up is now allowing so much creativity at the peak of the diamond. 7 or 8 beautiful little through balls from Tadic, Hojbjerg, Austin, Redmond and Davies. Gorgeous to see. Oh and a big shout out to the defense. VVD and Fonte imperious today. After leaking goals for a dozen games, suddenly four clean sheets in a row. We're heading up, friends!

Loved the fact we didn't just try and hang on to a 1-0 win even if the Hammers invited us in. Great from the midfield trio; lovely taken goal from Austin and what an assist; Tadic at his creative best; solid attacking game from Bertrand; CBs both good and Redmond had his moments, and well done to JWP - the monkey is off his back. Could have been 6-1.

I think he meant to say wouldn't*, he went straight from this to praising the number of chances we made.

'Tis his grammar - think he meant could be 7 or 8.

Mark Noble also said could have been 6. Actually decent comments from him in interview

Good performance from the team, fantastic away win.

My opinions:

Forster - not much to do, but what he did, he did it well

VvD - his usual stand-out performance, won just about every ball.

Fonte - played better than most of his games so far this season.

Bertrand - excellent, gave WHam lots to worry about with solid defending and swift attacking.

Cedric - Our least effective player today, dodgy at times, poor crossing, just 'ok' overall.

Romeu - I worried when he was booked early, but had a good game & kept himself out of trouble thereafter.

Hojbjerg - excellent as well, showed skill and vision, could have had a couple of goals.

Davis - better today, got involved more visibly, nice set-up for JWP's goal

Tadic - very good, nice to see him swap sides, still our main creative player, lovely goal.

Redmond - ran lots, some good play, but not as obvious as previous games, better as he mainly played out wide (as I think he should).

Austin - definitely a star in the box, good goal & involved in 'team assist'.

subs

JWP - looked up for it, glad he got a good goal.

Long - well-timed sub, finished WHam off with his running

Cuco - did well with his limited time, happy birthday to him!

My MoM: Bertrand, although it could have been several including Hojbjerg, Tadic, VvD..... ok, maybe Austin as well.

Thought we played very well second half. Could have been a lot more then 3 that's for sure.

But you have to say WH were terrible. Loving the excuse that its the stadium making them play ****....

As a coach you'd look at the 3 or 4 times we were in the box and made the wrong decision - we really should have scored 5 or 6

But, that will be a huge confidence boost, Hojberg looks class, thought Romeu was excellent and Tadic completely outplayed Payet ...