• Højbjerg
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Redmond
    • Austin
    • Long
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Martina

Boring 1st half, yes - but even then we had the best chances to score. Never looked back after taking the lead. Everyone played well, but i think davis and redmond played really well. And both centre backs were awesome. We are playing much better technically with puel when compared with koeman, and starting to see the good results as well. Happy days

Pretty good Tony (from The Guardian's match report)

"84 min Tony Cowards has had a bash at resolving the Don’t You Want Me debacle, and here it is!

“You were playing for the Palace at Selhurst Park

When we bought you

We picked you out, shook you up and paid a million pounds,

Turned you into someone new

Now six years later on you’ve got the ball at your feet,

Success has been so easy for you

But don’t forget it’s Saints who put you where you are now

And we can put you back down too

Jose, Jose Font-ay

You know we can’t believe it when you make defending easy

Jose, Jose Font-ay

You know we don’t believe it when they say that we don’t need you

It’s always great to find

You’re captaining the side

We’d better win again or we will all be sorry

Jose Font-ay baby

Jose Font-ay, oooh

Jose Font-ay, baby

Jose Font-ay, oooh.”

I’m sure we can improve it yet further by sneaking in a rhyme involving Pardoo.

First half was a little too nervy for my liking, but once Charlie got the goal we looked comfortable.

Forster didn't have a lot to do, but what he did, he did well. It's so nice being confident in a goalkeeper after years of dodgy goalies.

Bertrand, van Djik and Fonte were excellent, Cedric didn't have a great first half but I thought he looked decent second half; he and Hojbjerg kept Payet out of the game.

Romeu I thought had a fantastic game, especially after getting booked so early on. Didn't give the ref any opportunities to send him off (despite what the Sky commentators kept saying). Hoj was absolute class, man of the match for me. He was everywhere, so calm. Would have been a screamer too!

Davis had a decent game, did his job well, excellent energy at the end for the third goal. Tadic had a frustrating first half but came alive once West Ham gave up defending in the second half.

Redmond had a typically decent game for him, a lot of running, nothing spectacular.

Austin was very good once he got the ball up to him, it was weird seeing him on the wing a few times but he did well there. One for Big Sam to look at? If Charlie stays fit then he'll take us a long way this season. He must be very happy sticking one to the nob that said his knees were shot.

Special mention to JWP too when he came on, he did his job perfectly - lots of closing down, getting into good positions, and a decent goal to boot.

Bring on the Beer!

VVD amazing (as usual), Austin, Tadic, Bertrand, Fonte, Redmond, Davis all very, very good.

BTW that was not a penalty on Ryan. Ball to hand, arms close to his body, and he was turning away from the shot.

The good news for WHam is that their fans are so far away from the pitch that their players can't hear the booing.

Thought we played very well second half. Could have been a lot more then 3 that's for sure.

But you have to say WH were terrible. Loving the excuse that its the stadium making them play ****....

Luckily we played them before they find the Millwall scarf buried under the pitch.

That JWP open-play goal is easily the most momentous thing to ever happen in that stadium.

Blimey haven't seen the goal but it was either Ronaldo-esque or very harsh on Mo Farah.

According to beeb, Noble has come out and said it could have easily been 6.

Hammers are in a lot of trouble.

Austins flick on for Tadics goal was sublime.

This for me was moment of the game. Austin gets praise for being a great finisher etc, but this for me was an eye opener and my remaining doubts removed. Fantastic vision and great technical skill to pull it off. Now confident he is the man at the top. Still just as excited by Redmond but it needs to be Austin first and then Long or Redmond with him.

We will probably have a "gentleman's agreement" that he can join Liverpool for £30m

You poor little troll! Bet you need therapy after watching such a terrific second half display? You can stick your 'losing interest' thread up your arse, along with your multiple logins you freak.

Just a great Sunday, superb from PEH, Tadic, Bertrand and many more. Did FF have to make a save? JWP should gain confidence from his goal and has looked more robust of late. Happy to eat some humble pie on Puel, I'll have mine with Custard please

First half we looked like an average home team struggling to break down a stubborn away team, our passing was poor and too slow aside from the goal. Not surprised Puel was unhappy with it.

But second half we were excellent and dominated aside a 10 minute spell where West Ham basically lumped it into the box and Payet had a moan any time someone went near him. Should have scored several more with some better decision making around the box (cedric first half) and was worried Tadic's shot being saved was going to cost us but we just kept cutting them apart.

Also thought Romeu was excellent after his booking, was far too reckless to start off with then just played more intelligently the best example being Zaza getting booked for diving.

Austin has to start regularly even if he can;t last 90 because that wasn't even a half chance really and he finished it excellently. Rest of the team were very good, Fonte recovering a lot of his authority. Cedric probably the worst of the bunch but that's being very picky.

This for me was moment of the game. Austin gets praise for being a great finisher etc, but this for me was an eye opener and my remaining doubts removed. Fantastic vision and great technical skill to pull it off. Now confident he is the man at the top. Still just as excited by Redmond but it needs to be Austin first and then Long or Redmond with him.

100%

Also Romeu fantastic when he got booked 8 minutes mins in, I thought he had ****ed the game across the 90. He has learned so much since he first joined us in terms of controlling his decisions and his composure on and off the ball. So many times he could have been suckered into fouling Payet but always did just enough to break up the play without over committing. Great stuff, and while we didn't see it as much as before, he has a wicked long pass on him to switch up the play, this skill was probably my favourite thing about schniederlin as opposed to Wanyama. Think Romeu is not there yet but getting better and better.

Bertrand picking up steam now too, got tired in second half but worked so hard.

My only reservation at moment is Cedric or Martina because the latter has linked up so well with Austin in our non prem games. Not to say Cedric didn't have a good game mind you.

Edited by Mallagroth

........and we've still got Boufal to come

It was a stroll in the park once we got off the mark with a trademark finish from Austin. It was amusing to hear Sky saying that Austin cut a frustrated figure up front because he wasn't getting the service and then wallop!

West Ham had previously been very cagey up until then, lacking the confidence to threaten us properly on their own home turf, but having gone behind they had no choice. The gaps began to appear in their defence and we started to tear them apart. I understand that nine shots on target is the joint highest in the PL this season and a combination of great saves from Adrian and shots too close to him saved them from being hit for six or maybe even more. Four games won with clean sheets in all and we begin to look like a team capable once again of achieving a top six finish.

I am delighted for Puel. His tactics both before and during a match seem to be pretty good. Nice to hear Henry complimenting him as a perfectionist, as had Wenger before him. Both know him well and respect his abilities. I am certain that we won't be hearing much from the usual bed-wetters who predicted an early sacking for him and a relegation fight on our hands. I won't be expecting any acknowledgement from them any time soon that they might have been a bit hasty.

Interesting isn't it!!? really want to hear from someone who was there today what it was actually like. But **** me, move from a nice tight compact ground to that.....

I was there and in Row 1. The ground is truly awful for football. It will never generate any atmosphere - fans are too far apart and banking too shallow.

If I were anyone connected with West Ham I would genuinely be very worried.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Interesting isn't it!!? really want to hear from someone who was there today what it was actually like. But **** me, move from a nice tight compact ground to that.....

Wonderful event stadium very comfortable. As a football stadium it will be a noose around their neck. The fans are so far away and disjointed that it's impossible to get an atmosphere going. Saints fans were split in two and frankly we had the same problem. Three goals helped us overcome that though.

I suspect they'll regret this move for ever.

Very difficult MotM vote for me, we were a class above. Superb performance in the 2nd half. Looked sloppy in the 1st but never looked like conceding. Liking the feeling at the moment, a real buzz is being generated, we appear to have a well balanced squad capable of playing on all fronts. Excellent today, really pleased. :-)

Thought the ref was solid as well, they whined and moaned for everything and was a good spot to see Zaza diving, plus that whiny claim for handball when Bertrand gets the ball booted at him from like 3 yards and has his hands by his body.

Apparently we are a 'workman like side' according KNUB, hmmn I'd reckon aside from Payet we look better man for man in almost every position.

Edited by tajjuk

Luckily we played them before they find the Millwall scarf buried under the pitch.

Don't you feel sorry for them not getting used to their new - heavily subsidised - stadium ?

Perhaps we've still got the number of the white witch who can help them lift the curse.

So our current first team:

Forster

Cedric Fonte VVD Bertrand

Romeu

Hojbjerg Davis

Tadic

Redmond Austin

AND SECOND TEAM

Mccarthy

Martina Yoshida Gardos Targett

Reed

JWP Clasie

Boufal (only cos hes injured ofc tho)

Long Jay-Rod

Maybe some competition for Fonte to improve the squad- I also think if we had Wanyama right now as the extra player we would be amazing

I thought we were pretty average first half, sloppy too often.

But excellent 2nd half, created so much, genuinely should have been 5 or 6.

What a terrible stadium, shambles to get to and from, upper tier miles from lower, almost feel sorry for West Ham, that has f****d their club, never going to be the same again.