• Højbjerg
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Redmond
    • Austin
    • Long
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Martina

New one here. Is it just me or was Redmond not very good. All action and no substance. I was hoping that he would be replaced by Hesketh. Yes/no/

In fairness he is a semi decent winger now being asked to play as a stiker.

Will take time for sure - the "new Henry" comments probably haven't helped? He averages a goal every 11 games in his career so we shouldn't expect too much to quickly.

All fart and no **** so far

Redmond caused them problems all afternoon and run their defence ragged. The last thing a low on confidence defence like West Ham want to see is someone like Redmond popping up all over the pitch, beating them down the channels and closing them down.

Especially on a big pitch like that, he's the perfect sort of foil Austin.

Question is, who does Boufal come in for?

Lot of West Ham fans thinking they are in for a relegation battle, funny how fortunes can turn in 4 games. Us 4 wins, 4 clean sheets, them 4 defeats, 14 goals conceded

Romeu is class at that DM position, yeah he makes the odd mistake but he is protecting the back four really well.

VVD is just pure class, Sadly I see him going for 40-45 mill next summer to Man City or something.

Redmond proved again today he is better out wide and his best movements and creative play was coming in from the wing IMO, that was my only downside to today along with Cedric who at times was poor.

Martina in for Cedric and Jay Rod or Boufal in for Redmond and the starting 11 after the international break would be great for me.

First thirty five minutes was dire. Then there was a light-bulb moment when we suddenly realised we needed to get our two full backs higher up the pitch. Bertrand started it and this led to Austin's goal which he took sublimely. Second half, with West Ham having to come out and both full backs bombing on, we tore them apart and could easily have scored six. Brilliant assist from Austin for Tadic - not many players could have picked out and executed that deft pass, it was pure quality. I'm not JWPs biggest fan but he did take his goal very calmly - when some might have lashed at it he tucked it neatly into the bottom corner. Bertrand MoM for me. That second half was very encouraging. As for West Ham, they look a shadow of the side they were last season but I think Slaven will sort them out eventually.

On my way back, always nice to win an away game so comfortably, just a shame we couldn't have been a bit more clinical and scored those 6 or 7 goals, espicially against those bunch of ****s.

Stadium is probably nice for athletics or a concert, but as a football ground it's horrific. Miles from the pitch, and the chasm of space between the lower tier and upper tier was like nothing I've seen in a stadium before. It was like we were 2 sets of different fans instead of one big away section. Only sang in unison a handful of times, and the home fans appear to have the same problem. I'd be gutted to move from the Boleyn to that soulless bowl.

WH sitting very deep, especially in the 1st half, allowing us to play our game and offering little threat. I liked the way that, once we scored the first and even after the second, we continued to look for more goals whilst keeping it tight.

Thought that might have been a pen in the first half against Fonte, will have a look on MOTD later. Also Bertrand maybe lucky not to have given away a pen for handball, although I wouldn't have given it. Could easily have been a different game if either of those had been given.

In fairness he is a semi decent winger now being asked to play as a stiker.

Will take time for sure - the "new Henry" comments probably haven't helped? He averages a goal every 11 games in his career so we shouldn't expect too much to quickly.

All fart and no **** so far

Thought he was very good last two games

Simply outstanding. A wonderful performance that must rank as one of our very best, systematically working our way into the game and then grinding the opposition into the dust. Very hard call for MotM nobody played badly and there is a glimmer of real hope that this team and this system might just land us a jackpot. Top 4 not impossible surely?

Simply outstanding. A wonderful performance that must rank as one of our very best, systematically working our way into the game and then grinding the opposition into the dust. Very hard call for MotM nobody played badly and there is a glimmer of real hope that this team and this system might just land us a jackpot. Top 4 not impossible surely?

Careful.

At least let a few on here dry their sheets first!

After 5 goals in 4 games I think Charlie has made his case to the manager now.

Just glad that we have one of the prem's best finishers in our team, what did he cost - £4M??? That could turn out to be a ridiculously good piece of business.

Rest of the team were great too, vvd is some player. He won't be here next season so enjoy him while you can.

Onwards we go.

Thought we were poor first half but got a lot better once we scored . Generally this season we seem very comfortable protecting leads when we get them.

Austin on fire going to be a cracking season if he keeps this form up. Still think Redmond has all the skills to be an excellent player for us but do feel like he is trying a bit to hard to get a goal at the moment meaning he is trying to force things.

Dire first half and Austin's goal changed the match.

That's the use of having a poacher like Austin in the team, it can turn games from absolutely nothing. Aside from a blocked Hojberg shot his goal was our first chance of any description. Austin's finish was beautifully guided into the corner and it was just at the right point of the game.

We were much better second half and defended exceptionally well. Adrian was the busier of the two goalkeepers and VVD & Romeu were superb.

I thought the referee had a good game, Zaza was diving all over the place and Bertrand's penalty shout was ball-to-hand.

3-0 probably flattered us but delighted with that result given how dire we were in the first half.

Just glad that we have one of the prem's best finishers in our team, what did he cost - £4M??? That could turn out to be a ridiculously good piece of business.

Rest of the team were great too, vvd is some player. He won't be here next season so enjoy him while you can.

Onwards we go.

I was actually expecting Long to start today who seems better suited to away games glad he didn't mind.

Wonderful event stadium very comfortable. As a football stadium it will be a noose around their neck. The fans are so far away and disjointed that it's impossible to get an atmosphere going. Saints fans were split in two and frankly we had the same problem. Three goals helped us overcome that though.

I suspect they'll regret this move for ever.

I was there and in Row 1. The ground is truly awful for football. It will never generate any atmosphere - fans are too far apart and banking too shallow.

If I were anyone connected with West Ham I would genuinely be very worried.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Can you compare to the old Stamford Bridge with its banking? I can still remember that, and am wondering if it is EVEN worse than that?!

I am delighted for Puel. His tactics both before and during a match seem to be pretty good. Nice to hear Henry complimenting him as a perfectionist, as had Wenger before him. Both know him well and respect his abilities. I am certain that we won't be hearing much from the usual bed-wetters who predicted an early sacking for him and a relegation fight on our hands. I won't be expecting any acknowledgement from them any time soon that they might have been a bit hasty.

Have to say I totally agree.

I wasn't convinced by Puel early on but since the Arsenal game something has clicked. His system just didn't work at first but he's made tweaks and fair play to him, he's got us playing so much better. It's been helped by one or two players getting fit again but it's all coming together.

Winning 3-0 despite playing badly for 40 minutes of the game is an encouraging sign

1st half was poor, but we looked the most dangerous and composed when we passed the ball. 2nd half, we came to life. Excellent all over the pitch.

Their confidence is fragile and we went for their throats in that 2nd half, something we've not always done in the past. It could - and probably should - have been more than 3-0, it's been the case most of the season - we create chances and openings, we just weren't clinical enough. We're a tidy team, Hoj is easily the best CM we've had since Morgan. Top level player for sure. Romeu is back on form and seems to play that role much better, he was booked in the 9th but was incredibly professional for the rest of that game - excellent display.

VVD, as per usual, just looks like he coasts games. He really is destined for the top. Fonte and Cedric were excellent, but Bertrand was my stand out - he makes such a difference to us, I can't think of too many better left backs at this level to be honest. We did well to tie him down.

The confidence is flowing right now and some of our football in the 2nd half was a joy to watch, really enjoyable away game.

WHU look shell shocked at their new place, doesn't feel like their home at all. Soulless sums it up.

We played very well today in general, a few scary moments in a 15 minute spell when wham seemed likely to get a goal back but a great clearance off the line from VVD! Bertrand VVD & Pierre in in particular stood out, prepared to admit I might be wrong about puel, still a long way to go though

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Onwards we go.

Surely he already is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bore off in the 1st but an excellent 2nd half - it really could have been six or seven.

Thought VVD but in particular, Hojberg was excellent... an absolute masterclass from someone so young.

I think his heads gonna pop off when he scores eventuality!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Anyone willing to agree that Romeu is looking like an upgrade on Wanyama?

He's almost as strong defensively, he's considerably better once over the halfway line, he seems to contribute more to team communication, and he can manage an early yellow card far, far better. I suspect that Wanyma would not have finished that game.

Thought the ref was solid as well, they whined and moaned for everything and was a good spot to see Zaza diving...

Except he let play go on, and West Ham went close from the resulting cross that Forster badly flapped at. Only then did he go back and book Zaza. If the referee saw the dive (as he must've to have booked him), why didn't he whistle then and there, and instead allow West Ham an advantage? Very curious...

Along with calling a foul on Fonte for the most obvious block tackle you could ever see, and twice stopping Saints' counter attacks for "head injuries" only after play had gone on for several seconds, I though the referee was pretty average to say the least.

New one here. Is it just me or was Redmond not very good. All action and no substance. I was hoping that he would be replaced by Hesketh. Yes/no/

1/ I think Redmond is interesting. If he gets his head around things, I see possiblities.

2/ If people think VVD will go for the same price as Stones?! Madness! He's worth at least 10 $clongs.

3/ Sign everyone up on 5 year deals now. Apart from Hojbjerg who should get a 20 year deal.

4/ Wanyama wouldn't get in this team: in his position he'd have to play football and that's not his strength. Think that answers everything said on this thread.