• Højbjerg
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Redmond
    • Austin
    • Long
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Martina

Drinking excessively and being the "big man" around town is fairly common practice now and won't be exclusive to our players.

Puel might take issue as we have a game in a few days and time for celebration might be end of May when / if we win something? Celebrating a win at WHU :facepalm:

Wouldn't have happened when George Burley was manager that's for sure.

Drinking excessively and being the "big man" around town is fairly common practice now and won't be exclusive to our players.

Puel might take issue as we have a game in a few days and time for celebration might be end of May when / if we win something? Celebrating a win at WHU :facepalm:

Wouldn't have happened when George Burley was manager that's for sure.

That's true. There wouldn't be any booze left.

With the exception of Forster they all look fine, and he could have just been taken at the wrong time. I see nothing wrong with having a few beers before their day off. Plus I do like the bonding aspect of it. I wish more players were there, maybe there were and the paparazzi buy just saw them?

With the exception of Forster they all look fine, and he could have just been taken at the wrong time. I see nothing wrong with having a few beers before their day off. Plus I do like the bonding aspect of it. I wish more players were there, maybe there were and the paparazzi buy just saw them?

Fraser often seems conscious of his height and has a face downwards looking out from under his eyebrows posture, add that to a snapper in the dark suddenly banging off a burst of images in your face, you can guarantee the happy snapper will be reaching for the Kleenex on seeing the results of his next exclusive in the News of the World: "Englands #2 Keeper leaves London nightclub off his tits".

Actually you could apply that to most of those pictures, step out of a dimly lit club into the night, Pow!! Strobe light going off in your face, you are going to pull some funny faces.

I'm more concerned that Klopp has sent the quiet one of the ex Saints to start the tapping up for next summer!!

Forster always looks like that, he's got a bit of a caveman thing going on.

If he had been a 'better' player as you put it he would be at Arsenal or Man City. Personally I love him and he is the only truly creative talent we have on the pitch. He is one of the few players in our squad that lights the place up with expectancy every time he gets the ball. What really clinches it for me is that he gives every impression of really wanting to be part of SFC and is enjoying every moment of it whether he is on the pitch or not. Just look at his beaming reaction from the sidelines when Hesketh scored the other night, he looked really proud of the your lad. If he acts as 'though this is his team, all strength to his elbow!

I cannot believe for one minute that the other players find him difficult to deal with there is obviously absolutely no problem between him and Austin, in fact they seem to have something going there with all the kissing and cuddling and if he has a few exchanges with Redmond who can vibe surprised as Redmond is instinctively a greedy and wasteful performer and a bit of a spoilt brat to boot, IMHO!

As for the 'exchange' with Puel on the touchline yesterday from my perspective Tadic was just asking about the tactical reasons for his substitution and Puel was saying "I don't want you to be completely knackered for Thursday and Sunday".

There IS only ONE Dusan Tadic.

Couldn't have said it better. My absolute favorite player. And I also noticed Tadic's reaction on the touchline to Hesketh scoring. it was genuine.

and gosh, a player and manager discussing something on the touchline? what gives? It was likely tactical or a teaching moment.. as in : next time do this, not that. No biggie.

will be interesting to see how Boufal and Tadic work/play together. They seem to be cut from the same cloth. Is it going to be an enhancement or it is going to get too cute, if you know what I mean? All flare and no finish or pure football magic?

Van Dijk is great on the ball. He's one of the best centre backs in the world on the ball. Great in the air, fast. The only thing he needs to work on is concentration and positioning in defence. He also needs to mature and get less frustrated when his team isn't winning. His tendency to get forward, and risk getting caught out of position, isn't what a top team wants from a centre back. I'd suggest he is good enough to play for Barcelona in terms of ability. I would say he's worth a punt for them as a result and I'm surprised no top team went for him in the summer.

Van Dijk has the qualities to be great on the ball. In the past i've seen him giving long passes and through balls that are world class but atm i only see him giving short easy passes, which every decent defender on earth can do and thats not something big clubs are going to pay a ****load of money for. Now in his defense we dont play with wingers anymore so those long passes arent really there but there's still plenty of opportunities to skip for example Romeu and pass the ball directly to one of the forwards and skip the deep laying midfielders. And if Virgil wants a big move in the future and wants to eliminate the doubts people in Holland have about him, he needs to show more on the ball, more then he currently does.

wow - that would take some proving and you appear to be very well connected.... or everything you say may not be the case.

Prove what? Its a fact Ajax and PSV were visiting every game Virgil was playing at Groningen but both bought other young defenders instead and both were asked why they didn't go for Van Dijk when he did good at his first year at Celtic in the Champions League. And its not a mystery why cause Virgil has the habit to switch off at moments when he's not getting pushed. And when i see him walking on the pitch right now and compare it with last year then im not sure how hard Puel pushes him but Puel doesnt know Virgil yet as good as Koeman did from the start so maybe that will come.

Im not well connected, i've just been following Virgil closely for years and then you see and hear a lot about a player.

They are professional athletes and alcohol should be no where near them . Even worse when in public

Seriously? Maybe they should also never ever eat chips or watch tv as it dulls the senses. Players are human. They'll train and play best when they're happy and enjoying their football.

Lucky we didn't lose or the melts would be having a fit at those photos. Young men going to trendy London night club, hang them.

What I liked about the photos was that both Clyne and Lennon seemed to be surrounded by flunkies while our players were just out by themselves. No doubt they are all ripping it out of Forster in training for that picture.

Prove what? Its a fact Ajax and PSV were visiting every game Virgil was playing at Groningen but both bought other young defenders instead and both were asked why they didn't go for Van Dijk when he did good at his first year at Celtic in the Champions League. And its not a mystery why cause Virgil has the habit to switch off at moments when he's not getting pushed. And when i see him walking on the pitch right now and compare it with last year then im not sure how hard Puel pushes him but Puel doesnt know Virgil yet as good as Koeman did from the start so maybe that will come.

Im not well connected, i've just been following Virgil closely for years and then you see and hear a lot about a player.

Prove nothing then.

Given that we sell on proven Premier League with potential still to improve, taking into account City paid £50m for Stones and the dearth of quality, young centre backs - what would you say Virgil's current market price is?

They don't actually look drunk though. Cameraman has set the flash up so that they look as bad as they possibly could, and forster's always looking out from under his brow like that.

" Best performance – Southampton vs West Ham

Don’t doubt just how big a role West Ham played in their own downfall on Sunday, but bugger me Southampton looked good. Jose Fonte and Virgil van Dijk are as solid as several brick walls, but it’s the midfield three of Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Steven Davis and Oriol Romeu that is really interesting. Their presence allows the full-backs to attack with gusto – Ryan Bertrand was the game’s best player – and the front three to operate any which way they like.

Against West Ham, Dusan Tadic’s average touch position was a) the most central of him, Charlie Austin and Nathan Redmond, and b) the furthest forward. We’ve written it before, but when your front three is that fluid it is damn difficult to stop. Players just end up popping up unmarked in dangerous positions, calling for the ball and then causing problems. It’s pretty gorgeous to watch."

http://www.football365.com/news/f365s-weekly-awards-september-28

Presumably they all went up by coach so the others must have been around somewhere as it is unlikely the coach would have left for home without them. Puel obviously felt they needed some free fun time to celebrate their success and relieve some of the tension. Why is it implied by the Wail that they were up to no good when there is zero evidence of the players having been on the booze. I'll bet the rag was miffed that none of our players had a blond floozie draped over them in state of undress. This is the London press stirring the ***** at it's best, they just don't like it when one of their precious clubs gets turned over and hung out to dry especially by those irritating imposters from the South coast so what better than to kick start the destabilisation process of a club who look likely candidates to grab honours away from their sacred four clubs.

Presumably they all went up by coach so the others must have been around somewhere as it is unlikely the coach would have left for home without them. Puel obviously felt they needed some free fun time to celebrate their success and relieve some of the tension. Why is it implied by the Wail that they were up to no good when there is zero evidence of the players having been on the booze. I'll bet the rag was miffed that none of our players had a blond floozie draped over them in state of undress. This is the London press stirring the ***** at it's best, they just don't like it when one of their precious clubs gets turned over and hung out to dry especially by those irritating imposters from the South coast so what better than to kick start the destabilisation process of a club who look likely candidates to grab honours away from their sacred four clubs.

Exactly. Why is it assumed they were ****ed? Because Austin had a stain on his shirt (which could have happened from anything) or because Forster had camera flashes go off in his face? Its likely they went there to unwind and have a beer, thats it. No stumbling around, picking up girls, etc. This is a non story.

Exactly. Why is it assumed they were ****ed? Because Austin had a stain on his shirt (which could have happened from anything) or because Forster had camera flashes go off in his face? Its likely they went there to unwind and have a beer, thats it. No stumbling around, picking up girls, etc. This is a non story.

If only Frazer was epileptic we could have sued the cameraman for assault. That's the trouble with goalies nowadays, no foresight.