Sam Allardyce Sacked!

washsaint

He's been set up by scrupulous people desperate for a story, and barely given them one until the FA decided to get p155y about it. The only bit they're bothered about is "accusing the FA of being "all about making money" ".

Maybe it doesn't bother you as you shell out more and more to watch a game of football that there are people like Allardyce already earning millions and living the dream, but still trying to get more money from dodgy businessmen they've never met before. It bothers me.

Shame they haven't got enough to start naming names.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask the forum to name their favourite managers. Here's my favourite managers that I have decided to list here. I wonder if anyone else would also like to list their favourite managers?

Pardew

McClaren

Pearson

Pulis

Phil Brown

Hughes

Mccarthy

Warnock

Garry Monk

Tim Sherwood

Brendan Rodgers

Gus Poyet

I am not sure I believe this post. Do you think that corruption is acceptable? The fault lies 100% with BFS. He did not have to meet these people in the first place. He just got greedy.

What corruption was there though? There was nothing in the video that shows BfS was doing anything corrupt. If there's legitimate ways to get around rules, it's not corrupt. The BBC have reported that upon being asked to be a speaker on third party ownership (for which the apparent offer was 400k) BFS said he'd need to run it past his employers (the Fa). When the conversation turned to bungs, he didn't want to go there.

I don't see too much corruption here, probably misjudgement more than anything by agreeing to meet and alleged comments on other people in the business (Woy etc).

Great opportunity for Saint to get Sam as manager, who proclaimed himself as an expert in wheeling and dealing in the transfer market, bypassing rules on third-party player ownership. Willl have better signings and selling for more profits under him.

Maybe it doesn't bother you as you shell out more and more to watch a game of football that there are people like Allardyce already earning millions and living the dream, but still trying to get more money from dodgy businessmen they've never met before. It bothers me.

And me too

It's obvious that someone who can admit to wrongdoing shouldn't get away with it, but surely the journalists involved could have revealed all this before the FA appointed Sam in the first place.

As Alan Shearer pointed out it makes England look a laughing stock, although behind the scenes skulduggery seems to occur everywhere - even within FIFA.

The FA's biggest problem now will be finding a suitable replacement who has British passport - we've surely had enough of foreign coaches by now ...or ?

I'll never understand why these rich c*nts bother with backhanders, don't they already have more than they'll ever have time to spend? What's he planning to do? Take over the world and then die?

Yes but like fans expectations it's all relative.

When we were league 1 our expectations were much lower, spending £1M on Lambert was a buzz, now we're prem we expect a lot more. Some fans turned their noses up at a £9M player like Pelle.

It's the same with earning more money.

Initially it's a buzz but then you get the big house, the flash car, the wife wants more clothes, jewellery etc and before you know it you're sucked into that lifestyle and you want more money. Plus you start mixing with people who earn similar amounts and what you earn doesn't seem so much anymore.

Some people are more greedy than others but most of us are relative creatures to some degree.

I'll never understand why these rich c*nts bother with backhanders, don't they already have more than they'll ever have time to spend? What's he planning to do? Take over the world and then die?

While the focus is rightly on BFS, far more scrutiny should be given to the bunch of parasites that surrounds him and everybody else in football that has any money worth stealing. As you say £3m a year is more than enough for BFS, but his so-called "agents and advisers" are only getting a bit of that. They need a slice of an extra £400k far more than he does. I expect he was suckered in by them as much as by the journalists. He's just a gullible idiot.

Anybody that is too stupid to sort out his own employment contract with the FA is too stupid to be the England manager in the first place.

Most intriguing of all is a limited liability partnership called Proctor House Newcastle. This organisation, which appears to operate a boutique hotel in the north east, and lists assets of around £3.5million, has as business partners a string of high profile sportsmen, including footballers Darren Bent, Pa**** Cisse, Ashley Cole, Sylvain Distin, football manager Roberto Martinez, and boxer Joe Calzaghe.

It also lists England players Wayne Rooney and Joe Hart as partners of Allardyce.

Quite what an England manager, who is supposed to make impartial decisions about whether to select Hart and Rooney, is doing in a business relationship with them is anyone's guess.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3810751/Council-house-boy-doomed-insatiable-greed-Big-Sam-wheeler-dealer-enjoys-trappings-self-wealth.html#ixzz4LXCKBgak

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Hmmm!!

Yes but like fans expectations it's all relative.

When we were league 1 our expectations were much lower, spending £1M on Lambert was a buzz, now we're prem we expect a lot more. Some fans turned their noses up at a £9M player like Pelle.

It's the same with earning more money.

Initially it's a buzz but then you get the big house, the flash car, the wife wants more clothes, jewellery etc and before you know it you're sucked into that lifestyle and you want more money. Plus you start mixing with people who earn similar amounts and what you earn doesn't seem so much anymore.

Some people are more greedy than others but most of us are relative creatures to some degree.

While the focus is rightly on BFS, far more scrutiny should be given to the bunch of parasites that surrounds him and everybody else in football that has any money worth stealing. As you say £3m a year is more than enough for BFS, but his so-called "agents and advisers" are only getting a bit of that. They need a slice of an extra £400k far more than he does. I expect he was suckered in by them as much as by the journalists. He's just a gullible idiot.

Anybody that is too stupid to sort out his own employment contract with the FA is too stupid to be the England manager in the first place.

All wise words, which I can relate to. My uncle was very much a self made man from a poor family, and built up a business worth millions from nothing. He got my dad in to manage the place and sort the accounts. Dad used to be driven to distraction when my uncle would give credits and discounts to rich people who really didn't need them, with no expectation of ever actually seeing the bill settled. I was round there once while they were arguing over this, my uncle was telling dad that he didn't understand.... these people had "old" money, the implication being that although my uncle had plenty of cash he still felt inferior to them to the point where he wouldn't even bother to collect the payment.

Most intriguing of all is a limited liability partnership called Proctor House Newcastle. This organisation, which appears to operate a boutique hotel in the north east, and lists assets of around £3.5million, has as business partners a string of high profile sportsmen, including footballers Darren Bent, Pa**** Cisse, Ashley Cole, Sylvain Distin, football manager Roberto Martinez, and boxer Joe Calzaghe.

It also lists England players Wayne Rooney and Joe Hart as partners of Allardyce.

Quite what an England manager, who is supposed to make impartial decisions about whether to select Hart and Rooney, is doing in a business relationship with them is anyone's guess.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3810751/Council-house-boy-doomed-insatiable-greed-Big-Sam-wheeler-dealer-enjoys-trappings-self-wealth.html#ixzz4LXCKBgak

Hmmm!!

Only in football could this sort of conflict of interest still persist.

Power. Corruption. Lies.

The capitalists wet dream. The race to the top. F**k everyone else.

Power. Corruption. Lies.

The capitalists wet dream. The race to the top. F**k everyone else.

They like having their egos massaged. Doing back handers is part of the big boss man act.

Blimey, a thread with some sense on it!! Don't worry lads, Corbyn will sort it when he's elected. And don't think I'm joking about that, I reckon Jasons sentiments are more in line with public thinking than the politicos could imagine, I've heard so many people say much the same thing.

It's obvious that someone who can admit to wrongdoing shouldn't get away with it, but surely the journalists involved could have revealed all this before the FA appointed Sam in the first place.

As Alan Shearer pointed out it makes England look a laughing stock, although behind the scenes skulduggery seems to occur everywhere - even within FIFA.

The FA's biggest problem now will be finding a suitable replacement who has British passport - we've surely had enough of foreign coaches by now ...or ?

I'm pretty sure this happened after he was appointed. It would have been one thing for Allardyce to slag off and undermine the FA in private before they approached him for the job, but the fact he did it during his tenure is what makes it all the more idiotic and unforgiveable.

Blimey, a thread with some sense on it!! Don't worry lads, Corbyn will sort it when he's elected. And don't think I'm joking about that, I reckon Jasons sentiments are more in line with public thinking than the politicos could imagine, I've heard so many people say much the same thing.

Don't worry, the revolution is coming. All these silly sods can build their high walls and safe rooms but ultimately, they are outnumbered.

Let me start by saying that I thought BFS was a terrible choice for England Manager and think he is an arrogant tw&t. However, non of what I have read in these reports or seen in the videos proves any guilt of corruption in my view. If he did however except these speaking engagements he is opening himself up to a massive conflict of interest. It is fairly obvious that these speaking engagements would cover how these investors would get around third party ownership rules set up and administered by his employers. Also having provided insight into how to get around the rules he is in a very tricky position if current or future England internationals then have their economic rights controlled by these investors when their value will almost certainly be impacted by the number of caps they get or are likely to get. Others have mentioned his insistence that he would need to get approval from the FA to take these engagements on and yet despite these conversations happening weeks ago he doesn't seem to have approached his employer for clarification or direction. That in itself speaks volumes to me. At very best his complete lack of sound judgement in even discussing has made his position untenable. In addition depending on what is in his contract, just having these types of conversations may put him in breach

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmmm!!

Explains why fat Sam couldn't tell Rooney where to play! They're partners.

Big sam deserves everything he gets, but what annoys me further is the fact that I find it hard to believe the likes of The Telegraph do this type of undercover op because they feel morally responsible to highlight corruption in football. The truth of the matter is that they do it to sell newspapers!.

Events such as phone tapping and paying bungs for stories etc by certain media outlets shows them to be just as corrupt.

This sting is full of hypocrisy.

What corruption was there though? There was nothing in the video that shows BfS was doing anything corrupt. If there's legitimate ways to get around rules, it's not corrupt. The BBC have reported that upon being asked to be a speaker on third party ownership (for which the apparent offer was 400k) BFS said he'd need to run it past his employers (the Fa). When the conversation turned to bungs, he didn't want to go there.

I don't see too much corruption here, probably misjudgement more than anything by agreeing to meet and alleged comments on other people in the business (Woy etc).

My reference to corruption was in response to Give it to Ron's comment "Shock horror football is corrupt." as though we all know this and should just live with it. At least that is how I interpret his comment.

The appointment of a manager like Allardyce was never going to address raising the national side from the pitiful depths to which it sank, culmintating with the embarrassment in France.

The England setup needs complete reform, from top to bottom. Allardyce is not a change agent, he's the absolute opposite. In his first squad he picked 18(?) of the 23 that Hodgson's took to the Euros. Not only did BFS retain Rooney he came out with that ridiculous statement "I can't tell him where to play".

Therefore the more of a laughing stock we become the better in my opinion. It seems Euro 16 wasn't sufficiently bad enough for the FA to trigger genuine change. Maybe this debacle will be, but somehow I doubt it.

There is an implication of corruption here, rather than actual proof of it. But that is more than enough for him to deserve to go. It is Allardyce at the end of the day, everyone knows what he's like so the FA have to hold their hands up on the gamble of appointing him in the first place.

But he lost his job as his comments completely undermined the FA, whether you think he actually did anything "wrong" or not. He was giving advice to a supposed private business on how to get around rules put in place by his employers and the governing body of his sport. Giving advice on an issue that his employers have been very clear that they are totally against and added regulation to that effect.

Given the FA's role as the governing body of English football on all matters, disciplinary proceedings, bringing the game into disrepute etc, they could hardly stand by their man, even if they wanted to. He had to go.

And I'm glad, never wanted him in the first place

Big sam deserves everything he gets, but what annoys me further is the fact that I find it hard to believe the likes of The Telegraph do this type of undercover op because they feel morally responsible to highlight corruption in football. The truth of the matter is that they do it to sell newspapers!.

Events such as phone tapping and paying bungs for stories etc by certain media outlets shows them to be just as corrupt.

This sting is full of hypocrisy.

They do it because it is their job. There is a long history of undercover reporting in many forms of media and long may it continue. This is not some tawdry kiss and tell story dug up by the tabloids.

One of the problems now is if the FA wanted an English manger BFS was about as good as they could get. So I guess a foreign manager will be next which is embarrassing I its self a country that prides it self on being a big footballing nation cant even find a decent Domestic manager to run the nations team. Not only does the next England manager need to be good at his job he now needs to be whiter than white......good luck with that FA.

Whilst Allardyce is rightly the subject of criticism for having poor judgment at the very least, that which he is highlighting should be what the FA are looking to cure, not just finding a good enough replacement. PS what has Eddie Howe actually done to deserve the post?

PS what has Eddie Howe actually done to deserve the post?

Regardless of Bournemouth's finances, guiding a club from the verge of non-League football to Premier League survival is one of the greatest things I've known any manager to do..... Particularly when considering it was his first job (Burnley interval aside) outside of playing.

I would rate him as the best qualified manager in English football on that basis.

The two things against him: Profile and flexibility. At Bournemouth he is the be-all and end-all. Could he cope with the F.A's way of working? He didn't flourish at Burnley. Also, could the players respect him?

Edited by Colinjb

Well the BBC did a panorama report in 2006 and Allardyce was accused of things then as were others, it doesn't stick and it never will. The truth is the power players and the authorities in the game, know the corruption exists and either accept it or are part of it. My gut feeling has always been that it is far worse than a few backhanders.

Referees in the prem make so many 'game-changing mistakes' compared to what we have seen recently in cup and lower league domestic games with supposedly lesser quality refs. I cannot help but think someone, somewhere is making an awful lot of money off of these decisions.

Yes i'm cynical verging on paranoid, but I don't think i'm the only one anymore, and it isn't just football, corruption is rife everywhere it seems and an accepted part of society.

Whilst Allardyce is rightly the subject of criticism for having poor judgment at the very least, that which he is highlighting should be what the FA are looking to cure, not just finding a good enough replacement. PS what has Eddie Howe actually done to deserve the post?

And what had Allardyce done to deserve the job other than not got relegated?

Howe's about thirty years younger than the Hodgson, Allardyce, Capello appointments of the last decade. Increasingly there seems to be a "use-by-date" for Football Managers - corruption and bungs aside - and that might be a good profile for the England FA to pursue.