Sam Allardyce Sacked!

washsaint

They do it because it is their job. There is a long history of undercover reporting in many forms of media and long may it continue. This is not some tawdry kiss and tell story dug up by the tabloids.

Is entrapment really their job?

I thought their job was to report news not create it.

Why dont they just tell the powers that be if they have an inclination something untoward is going on?, because they want to sell papers!.

Plus, newspapers need to look in their own back yard first.

Why dont they just tell the powers that be if they have an inclination something untoward is going on?, because they want to sell papers!.

So you have a problem with reporters uncovering corruption and wrong doing? Allardyce and others and have been alleged to have been taking money for years so he is hardly an innocent caught in a trap is he? And I'll think you will find that The Telegraph will hardly sell enough more copies to cover the cost of the operation. The story is all over social media for free. Its about time that the game was cleaned up. Shame you seem to have a problem with that.

Part of a newspaper's job is to hold those in positions of authority to account, which is why investigative journalism exists.

The Telegraph would not have simply sat down in a editorial meeting and thought, "shall we try and take down the new England manager?" No doubt they will have received info on this type of thing, let's face it, there's probably plenty of it about on Allardyce, and given his position felt the need to investigate it.

They could have no doubt run the same story through "sources" but would it have held any sway or just been their word against Sam (and everyone else in the football corruption investigation).

For me they're not really creating news here, they are exposing it.

Not sure Howe is the man to be England manager. I know a couple of lads who were at Burnley when he was there. A senior player & an academy player who thought he was not the type of bloke to be trusted. 'Back stabbing bastard' was the phrase used.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is one of the implicated managers.......................

I would completely agree if they started to look at Murdoch.............................................

Part of a newspaper's job is to hold those in positions of authority to account, which is why investigative journalism exists.

The Telegraph would not have simply sat down in a editorial meeting and thought, "shall we try and take down the new England manager?" No doubt they will have received info on this type of thing, let's face it, there's probably plenty of it about on Allardyce, and given his position felt the need to investigate it.

They could have no doubt run the same story through "sources" but would it have held any sway or just been their word against Sam (and everyone else in the football corruption investigation).

Not sure Howe is the man to be England manager. I know a couple of lads who were at Burnley when he was there. A senior player & an academy player who thought he was not the type of bloke to be trusted. 'Back stabbing bastard' was the phrase used.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is one of the implicated managers.......................

he is good at his job, and perhaps the players had their nose put out of joint as he had dropped them.Personallyi think it is too early for him, but he has performed wonders getting Bournemouth where they are

So you have a problem with reporters uncovering corruption and wrong doing? Allardyce and others and have been alleged to have been taking money for years so he is hardly an innocent caught in a trap is he? And I'll think you will find that The Telegraph will hardly sell enough more copies to cover the cost of the operation. The story is all over social media for free. Its about time that the game was cleaned up. Shame you seem to have a problem with that.

Is it proven to be corruption? From what I've heard he said that it would all have to be okayed by the FA first. More than likely he has lost his job for being direspectful to Woy and Neville etc. Yes his comments about player ownership were dodgy but the reporters were trying to manipulate him into a gaff and they got it. Presidents, priministers, The Queen have all made gaffs when they thought they were having a private conversation and he's no different.

In any case, I am glad he has gone as he is not the man for the Englad job, he has a history of being dodgy on and off the field and the FA should also be accountable for putting him there in the first place.

Sorry you have got a problem with my point of view!.

The Telegraph would not have simply sat down in a editorial meeting and thought, "shall we try and take down the new England manager?"

He wasn't England manager when the investigation started. They must have thought all their Christmas's had come at once when one of the men they were looking into did become England manager.

and I agree totally with your post.

Don't worry, the revolution is coming. All these silly sods can build their high walls and safe rooms but ultimately, they are outnumbered.
and what happens when that comes,its just different people taking their place.

you only have to look at Scargill and the Kinnocks to see that. Power corrupts, Lenin ,Stalin didn't live in council housesonce they gained power, the workers were no better off

Exactly .

They receive information and then set up a " sting" based on that information. Without specifically investigating the bypassing of third party owenership , they would have been told he's open for anything that'll make him a quick buck . They don't go after every politician in the hope they're bent but the ones they've heard are .

Really can't understand people who want to blame the journalists. It's as if people actively want the corruption to continue unabated. Just because he is 'nice guy Sam' according to everyone 'in the game' doesn't mean its okay if he is on the take, the bung culture clearly exists yet can't be proved extensively until people come forward, but in a game with so much money that becomes very dangerous. Many 'experts' may have their own agenda to push the idea Sam is being picked on. Being influenced by outside interests is bang out of order in most jobs in the world.

Sam had no way of surviving this in reality because in 8 months time when he has some bad results or makes some strange team selections a lot of people were going to turn round call him crooked and blame the FA. In short he shouldn't have done it or anything like it ever, fullstop. If he kept his integrity and was honourable he would still be in the job and everyone would be behind him.

The same goes for all the dodgy politicians and scandals surrounding them.

The culture of acceptability regarding 'low levels of corruption' like backhanders and bungs is why most countries eventually end up being ****ed in the end, as the levels and amounts become greater and more the norm as more people think 'oh thats okay, X is doing it and so are loads of others I guess thats how it goes', the UK is well on the way down this path, at higher levels see Jeremy Hunt stubbornly breaking up the NHS whilst most of his mates own stakes in private health firms that stand to directly benefit financially. It is so blatant that it just gets accepted. This is part of the reason many people didn't listen to a word the poilticians and media had to say on the Brexit debate.

If you want to break the rules, and like a dodgy deal, you run the risk of being the one that gets caught out. It goes with the territory. Maybe we should shed a tear for all the managers who have kept their integrity and not taken extra money in dodgy player deals or coaching on how to break the rules, instead of that greedy ****.

Edited by Mallagroth

Playing devil's advocate. Is the only way to get ahead in the modern game now to immerse yourself in the circles people like Harry Redknapp and Sam Allardyce run?

Must you in essence become dodgy to reach the highest levels?

Doubt it. I think there are plenty who manage to reach the top without the grubbiness.

Big Sam has a fair bit of previous such as pressurising players to change agents to his agent and dodgy transfer dealings at previous clubs . He should have been happy to earn £3M a year. I'm not a great fan of entrapment as you are trying to get people to commit a crime ie you are part of that illegal activity even though you claim to be acting in the public interest . If Sam had not been approached by these people then presumably he would not have offered to carry out said plan so his involvement is a direct consequence of the entrapment operation .

However given his previous the FA should probably not appointed him in the first place !!!

his obvious arrogance got him

not seen the full video but heard on the radio that he was taking the pish out of Hodgson speech impediment.

Roy was a terrible England manager but he seems to be a thoroughly decent bloke and bit low of Sam (along with everything thing else)

his obvious arrogance got him

not seen the full video but heard on the radio that he was taking the pish out of Hodgson speech impediment.

Roy was a terrible England manager but he seems to be a thoroughly decent bloke and bit low of Sam (along with everything thing else)

I think his words were something along the lines of 'He'd send them to sleep, Roy would. Woy' or something to that effect. Not terrible but he's still a ****.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbeck, the biggest catch so far. Provides the Dutch connection which could show even bigger fish.

Interesting how International breaks were to be used to cover up overseas trips.

Can remember a recent Saints manager who was quick to head off overseas during International breaks.

Maybe it doesn't bother you as you shell out more and more to watch a game of football that there are people like Allardyce already earning millions and living the dream, but still trying to get more money from dodgy businessmen they've never met before. It bothers me.

It doesn't bother me one bit, no, and nor does it have any relevance to how much I spend watching football (which by the way has increased due to Saints' success and nothing else).

Lot of interesting stuff from our Chairman about the turmoil the club was in when he took over. He says it was secretly done in October..when did Nicola officially leave?

He also says some strong things about the Allardyce situation and claims our club is totally clean in that regard. Lets hope he isn't embarrassed by that (having read the last line of #178

http://www.espn.co.uk/nhl/story/_/id/17663140/nhl-world-cup-hockey-team-europe-coach-ralph-krueger-opens-hockey-soccer-loyalty-more

Most intriguing of all is a limited liability partnership called Proctor House Newcastle. This organisation, which appears to operate a boutique hotel in the north east, and lists assets of around £3.5million, has as business partners a string of high profile sportsmen, including footballers Darren Bent, Pa**** Cisse, Ashley Cole, Sylvain Distin, football manager Roberto Martinez, and boxer Joe Calzaghe.

It also lists England players Wayne Rooney and Joe Hart as partners of Allardyce.

Quite what an England manager, who is supposed to make impartial decisions about whether to select Hart and Rooney, is doing in a business relationship with them is anyone's guess.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3810751/Council-house-boy-doomed-insatiable-greed-Big-Sam-wheeler-dealer-enjoys-trappings-self-wealth.html#ixzz4LXCKBgak

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Hmmm!!

Now THAT is a conflict of interest, and should be sorted by the FA's rules, just like Allardyce's contract will have clearly stated whether he was allowed outside business interests - which clearly he was.

Just to clarify, is every person in the public eye meant to self-censor every conversation they have in case they're being secretly filmed then? Even if what they say is basically the truth?

Let me start by saying that I thought BFS was a terrible choice for England Manager and think he is an arrogant tw&t. However, non of what I have read in these reports or seen in the videos proves any guilt of corruption in my view. If he did however except these speaking engagements he is opening himself up to a massive conflict of interest. It is fairly obvious that these speaking engagements would cover how these investors would get around third party ownership rules set up and administered by his employers. Also having provided insight into how to get around the rules he is in a very tricky position if current or future England internationals then have their economic rights controlled by these investors when their value will almost certainly be impacted by the number of caps they get or are likely to get. Others have mentioned his insistence that he would need to get approval from the FA to take these engagements on and yet despite these conversations happening weeks ago he doesn't seem to have approached his employer for clarification or direction. That in itself speaks volumes to me. At very best his complete lack of sound judgement in even discussing has made his position untenable. In addition depending on what is in his contract, just having these types of conversations may put him in breach

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How to get around third party ownership. Buy the player outright. That is the only way.

There is an implication of corruption here, rather than actual proof of it. But that is more than enough for him to deserve to go. It is Allardyce at the end of the day, everyone knows what he's like so the FA have to hold their hands up on the gamble of appointing him in the first place.

But he lost his job as his comments completely undermined the FA, whether you think he actually did anything "wrong" or not. He was giving advice to a supposed private business on how to get around rules put in place by his employers and the governing body of his sport. Giving advice on an issue that his employers have been very clear that they are totally against and added regulation to that effect.

Given the FA's role as the governing body of English football on all matters, disciplinary proceedings, bringing the game into disrepute etc, they could hardly stand by their man, even if they wanted to. He had to go.

And I'm glad, never wanted him in the first place

Can't disagree with the first bit, but the FA attempting to take the moral high ground after selling out the Football League clubs, and their overarching role to protect their member clubs rather than just the rich or popular ones, with the FA blueprint and Premier League in the 90s absolutely ruins any attempt they have at the moral high ground. They could have stopped all the moneygrabbing at source, they chose not to.

Really can't understand people who want to blame the journalists. It's as if people actively want the corruption to continue unabated. Just because he is 'nice guy Sam' according to everyone 'in the game' doesn't mean its okay if he is on the take, the bung culture clearly exists yet can't be proved extensively until people come forward, but in a game with so much money that becomes very dangerous. Many 'experts' may have their own agenda to push the idea Sam is being picked on. Being influenced by outside interests is bang out of order in most jobs in the world.

Sam had no way of surviving this in reality because in 8 months time when he has some bad results or makes some strange team selections a lot of people were going to turn round call him crooked and blame the FA. In short he shouldn't have done it or anything like it ever, fullstop. If he kept his integrity and was honourable he would still be in the job and everyone would be behind him.

The same goes for all the dodgy politicians and scandals surrounding them.

The culture of acceptability regarding 'low levels of corruption' like backhanders and bungs is why most countries eventually end up being ****ed in the end, as the levels and amounts become greater and more the norm as more people think 'oh thats okay, X is doing it and so are loads of others I guess thats how it goes', the UK is well on the way down this path, at higher levels see Jeremy Hunt stubbornly breaking up the NHS whilst most of his mates own stakes in private health firms that stand to directly benefit financially. It is so blatant that it just gets accepted. This is part of the reason many people didn't listen to a word the poilticians and media had to say on the Brexit debate.

If you want to break the rules, and like a dodgy deal, you run the risk of being the one that gets caught out. It goes with the territory. Maybe we should shed a tear for all the managers who have kept their integrity and not taken extra money in dodgy player deals or coaching on how to break the rules, instead of that greedy ****.

An entire post about Allardyce being on the take when there wasn't any evidence from this week's revelations of anything of the sort.

Completely forgivable imo. Still nothing he should have been sacked for, the FA just got its ar5e in its hands because he said they were all about money.

there is plenty he should have been sacked for.

only really appears that you and a tiny amount of people cannot see it

On the other thread which I created concerning this [apologies once again] Hutch claims "And as none of it is Saints-related, they should all be in General Sports." Well Hutch I'm not entirely sure about that myself, because one could make a strong case that this issue should indeed be dealt with in terms of the greatest number being made aware of matters pertaining thereby utilising the "main" Forum could make sense. It makes sense because it indicates how corrupt things are virtue of Big Business having hijacked the game and could well serve or help prove how the Saints best players could be err being "tapped up"? Of course that then would mean it further helps prove there is a general financial malaise [and blind-eye condition] that may reach to the very top [as if we already didn't suspect that] - that being the case it probably could affect The Saints directly and many other clubs and therefore the game as a whole?

On the other thread which I created concerning this [apologies once again] Hutch claims "And as none of it is Saints-related, they should all be in General Sports." Well Hutch I'm not entirely sure about that myself, because one could make a strong case that this issue should indeed be dealt with in terms of the greatest number being made aware of matters pertaining thereby utilising the "main" Forum could make sense. It makes sense because it indicates how corrupt things are virtue of Big Business having hijacked the game and could well serve or help prove how the Saints best players could be err being "tapped up"? Of course that then would mean it further helps prove there is a general financial malaise [and blind-eye condition] that may reach to the very top [as if we already didn't suspect that] - that being the case it probably could affect The Saints directly and many other clubs and therefore the game as a whole?

You are also not Saints related. Go to general sports.

Completely forgivable imo. Still nothing he should have been sacked for, the FA just got its ar5e in its hands because he said they were all about money.

Criticising Hodgson/Neville - forgivable (even the speech impediment bit), people say things like that in private all the time and he wasn't totally critical either - said he won all the qualifiers, players let him down etc (maybe saying the players let him down is worse considering he is now in charge of them?!)

Criticising the FA - difficult, puts the FA in a tough position, but ultimately an apology & explanation could be forgivable.

Giving advice for how to circumvent the rules that the FA have put in place - unacceptable!

Whatever the arguments, I`m just glad he`s gone. I found it hard to detect any redeeming features in his persona which made him pretty embarrassing as a representative of the country on the world stage. At least Ferguson was a winner - arguably his one and only redeeming feature

Criticising Hodgson/Neville - forgivable (even the speech impediment bit), people say things like that in private all the time and he wasn't totally critical either - said he won all the qualifiers, players let him down etc (maybe saying the players let him down is worse considering he is now in charge of them?!)

Criticising the FA - difficult, puts the FA in a tough position, but ultimately an apology & explanation could be forgivable.

Giving advice for how to circumvent the rules that the FA have put in place - unacceptable!

Not fussed about BFS one way or the other.

About the last bit though. Is it illegal everywhere? Should it be (yes, it's a stupid way of doing things) if it's not? Is he the only person who knows? How many other people do know/can work it out - or new ways of doing it - and isn't it essentially simply profiteering by abusing a system e.g. same as tax evasion (legal loopholes or otherwise)? As I see it, it tends more towards the 'loophole' side and is Allardyce being a greedy bastard.

I think he has by his conduct shown himself to be this and that in his position as England Manager, particularly with all the fun and games elsewhere in the game's governance, that it's simply a moral matter and he shouldn't have done it. If he had done it as an ex-manager describing to others how it could be done, however, or were he to have written a piece explaining this but from the perspective of how it was wrong I imagine the former would have him criticised, the latter praised.

So the thing is in and of itself not much of anything as perhaps is that of the other two cases. One of them is someone agreeing to try to persuade someone else to buy a player ... um, that's tenous at best and one of them is of a manager who can't just go out and spend money but has to confer with a transfer board like so many managers (which should prevent one person's undue influence). As no names have been named and the 'source' is an illegal agent who has been discredited (but was as we might suspect probably a 'fall-guy') and little to no evidence presented I suspect this will result in papers being sold, people grumbling again as they always do about what they want to grumble about and nothing else. If Redknapp didn't get sent to prison for what was revealed in his case unless the Telegraph actually have something good this is all hot air. I suspect Wenger is the preferred candidate and it's a good get-out for him and Arsenal and he'll struggle because I doubt he gets enough time with the players (assuming he and his staff will need to coach a lot). He is, however, used to disaffected fans. Howe simply isn't good enough.

You are also not Saints related. Go to general sports.

What a seemingly belligerent person you are, fascist tendencies duly noted. So any thoughts on the football matter to hand, in that the post may or may not contain merit in regard to the fact such corruption may well have impinged on the likes of the Saints in terms of bungs and illegal approaches for their stars etc? Or do you just wish to continue exhibiting your pronounced predilection for arse-hole tendencies? Your choice. ;)

What a seemingly belligerent person you are, fascist tendencies duly noted. So any thoughts on the football matter to hand, in that the post may or may not contain merit in regard to the fact such corruption may well have impinged on the likes of the Saints in terms of bungs and illegal approaches for their stars etc? Or do you just wish to continue exhibiting your pronounced predilection for arse-hole tendencies? Your choice. ;)

It was a joke :(