Whipping up an atmosphere over the tannoy

jawillwill

the only time I can remember the tannoy announcer creating an atmosphere was when Saints were losing a vital relegation match against keegans Newcastle with 10 minutes to go we were losing 1-0. The announcer came on and told the Archers to sit down, with that they all stood up and starting roaring their defiance. with that the whole ground lifted and Nwcastle wilted and we scored 3 in the last 5minutes or so. I had never seen anything like it before or after

the only time I can remember the tannoy announcer creating an atmosphere was when Saints were losing a vital relegation match against keegans Newcastle with 10 minutes to go we were losing 1-0. The announcer came on and told the Archers to sit down, with that they all stood up and starting roaring their defiance. with that the whole ground lifted and Nwcastle wilted and we scored 3 in the last 5minutes or so. I had never seen anything like it before or after

I remember that night so well, i was on the pitch when the second goal went in!!!!!

Never left a game early because of this game

I think BBC south today played the radio solent commentary with the goals the night after, and the commentator was as excited as the fans.

I have looked and looked for that clip but can't find it anywhere, even the following night it was exciting, as you say the the Solent commentator was whipped up into quite a fremzy almost to the point of needing to be dragged into the car park and hosed down before he set the West Stand alight.

I have looked and looked for that clip but can't find it anywhere, even the following night it was exciting, as you say the the Solent commentator was whipped up into quite a fremzy almost to the point of needing to be dragged into the car park and hosed down before he set the West Stand alight.
lol. I hope it is out there somewhere for us to enjoy again

Hapoel Beer Sheeva's tannoy announcer is doing a great job at getting the crowd going. Should Saints try and emulate this when playing at SMS by occasionally shouting stuff during the game?

Well seeing as the only place at SMS where you can actual make out what is being said on the tannoy is in the toilets I'm not sure it's a great plan.....

I've stood with "Ultras" in many stadiums at many games and one thing that is extremely consistent is the organisation of the fan bases and how the atmosphere is actively encouraged and allowed by the club. I'm not even talking things as extreme as flares or fireworks.

I've seen clubs that put lyrics for complicated club songs on the screens (and while you would think this would be a bit contrived, it meant people like me could join in instantly) etc, but one of the most consistent things that leads to the electric atmosphere are fans dedicated to getting the crowd going with megaphones and drums. Of course catchy songs that aren't just recycled versions of the same chants heard everywhere help. I think it's just an issue with English football. Too much clapping, not enough noise.

It's a bit sad really whenever I come back to St. Mary's after travelling. I think it's only really when OWTS resonates round the whole stadium that even comes close.

Just for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHOKhyhBjnY

I had to laugh at the crowds surging out of the Dell when they scored and then missing our three goals.