• Højbjerg
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Redmond
    • Austin
    • Martina
    • Long
    • Ward-Prowse

One striker who can score when he has the right boots on.

Recipe for mid-table mediocrity and group-stage exit from Europa League.

LMFAO, You're a bit of a knob aren't you.

Unbeaten in 6

3 away games in 8 days including a midweek trip to Israel, 3 clean sheets, not sure how that's a negative?

Claude Puel is all over this rotation stuff. Excellent!

Decent point

we played the better football but that is what Leicester do.

we created the better chances an gifted them theirs

Poor miss by Austin. Tried to be too clever

Redmond offers almost no goal threat what so ever but is a trier, reckon his place will be under real threat when Boufel gets fit

Hoj was decent as was cedric before he went off

VvD was commanding and very sloppy. Looked jaded

Rom was our MoM by some distance

Unbeaten in 6

3 away games in 8 days including a midweek trip to Israel, 3 clean sheets, not sure how that's a negative?

Couldn't agree more.

Excellent performance will hopefully create a lot more too with Boufal starting in Redmonds place next time out

This is the key. Redmond is a good player but he's no striker and hasn't been able to fill Mane's boots. On Radio Solent, Adam and Dave were surprised when first Tadic and then Austin went off but Redmond stayed on. Nathan has clearly impressed Claude, but we must hope it doesn't stop Boufal taking his place in the starting line-up.

Well, if we are mid table by the January transfer window I will be more than happy. We should then splash the cash on a really top notch striker.

No joke Dalek, this team reminds me of how Hoddle's Saints played football - tight at the back and go for a 1-0. Maybe we have the French Hoddle, both played at Monaco as well.

Not to have a go at JWP but I couldn't help thinking his chance near the end was almost exactly the same as Hesketh's chance he took against Palace.

Still would have taken a point at 2.15 and 6 clean sheets is brilliant, keep that up and we'll be in Europe again

Yeh if only we had a striker who had scored something like 5 in 4 who was fresh we could have played ?

People are unrealistic about strikers. A top striker gets lets say 15 goals in the PL. That is about 1 goal every 2.5 games, so even the top guys go 1-2 games without scoring. Scoring in the PL is not easy. There are top defenders and a limited number of decent chances.

Very much a reality check, the players who played in Israel were clearly jaded mentally and not that great physically and this impacted the whole team. As Puel says, we play as a collective but if half the cylinders aren't firing properly than the whole team performance becomes disjointed and the rested players cannot realise their full effectiveness. We were lucky today because Leicester were in exactly the same boat after their mid-week exertions and so everyone seemed happy enough to settle for a 0-0 draw. This is the price of Europe I suppose but we'll get used to it sas time goes on. They'll be glad of the two week break.

Let's give a massive shout for Oriol Romeu who was simply outstanding all afternoon and made VvD look a bit of a chump in comparison. Cedric's injury is a real bummer and if we lose him for a few weeks and have to rely on Martina our season could be ******.

Just back from the game....

The most enjoyable performance away from home since the 1-0 away win at Barnsley in the yellow kit. Some of our football was sublime! One or two sloppy passes nearly cost us but if we keep on this tradjectory we will have another good season. Charlie a little wasteful one on one in the second half but his strike when he hit the post was sublime. He does look short of pace though so just leave him in the box..

Forster 7 - I think the fans underestimated how bad the sun in his eyes was second half

Cedric 7 - As good as I have seen him and we lost some pace in attack when he went off

Bertrand 7 - Solid, I think he could have pushed on a little further

Fonte 7 - Solid

VVD 7 - Solid

Davis 7 - Great link

Romeu 9 - Class act though should have scored

Hojberg 8 - solid

Tadic 6 - quiet second half, looked tired

Redmond 7 - Busy

Austin 8 - Leggy but lethal in the box

Long 6 all good not enough time

Cuco 7 - probably could have done with ball coming to him a little faster

JWP - 6

Ref deserves credit coz he is usually ****, let the game flow and I will give him a 9

Edited by Nick75Sfc

There's your Henri II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, and I suspect puel will move redmond to another position once he's fit, great prep if that's is the case.

I'm gonna give this a try or maybe do one for everytime a commentator talks about his dead ball skills

A very good point away at the PL Champions. We shaded the match and had the better chances to have won it. Unbeaten in six matches all with clean sheets. Once again, Puel was tactically astute. Mahrez and Vardy were both pretty inneffective. The only blemish on the performance was the slack back passing by both Virgil and Romeu, which could have both been punished but for good recoveries.

Cedric had a good game until his injury and Martina was solid to replace him. Man of the match Romeu; very steady in front of the defence. Austin got good service to him on several occasions and came very close a couple of times. We finished strongly on the front foot, going for the three points right until the final whistle.

A good entertaining match to watch, we are putting down a marker as a very difficult team to beat.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

God I love youtube's, this guy would of created or scored 8 goals today :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ7qVBxLd1A

You are kidding, right? Do you seriously think Premier League defenders will just stand there like statues and admire his skills as he jinks his way through? Yeah, right!

Sadly, you are building up expectations that cannot be realised.

I'm oddly frustrated, as we really should have grabbed all 3 points today. We do control games very well this season, good in possession and we're a threat in the final third. It seems as if Romeu has had some 1 to 1 coaching or something, as he's gone up a couple of levels in the last few weeks. His positioning and then use of the ball has been superb, he's better than Wanyama in that respect as he doesn't just 'win' it. Hoijburg is unreal as well, closest player we've had to Morgan, since...errr..Morgan.

Lots and lots to be positive about, just a damn shame we've got another poxy international break to get in the way.

I'm oddly frustrated, as we really should have grabbed all 3 points today. We do control games very well this season, good in possession and we're a threat in the final third. It seems as if Romeu has had some 1 to 1 coaching or something, as he's gone up a couple of levels in the last few weeks. His positioning and then use of the ball has been superb, he's better than Wanyama in that respect as he doesn't just 'win' it. Hoijburg is unreal as well, closest player we've had to Morgan, since...errr..Morgan.

Lots and lots to be positive about, just a damn shame we've got another poxy international break to get in the way.

Will the break be enough to get Cedric fit?

Unbeaten in 6

Alpine is right, only Austin looks remotely likely to score. How many more times are Prowse and Davis going to hold their heads in their hands when they both constantly miss open goal opportunities? 2 years, me3 years. Get rid in Jan! Redmond runs west to east every game and managers not wery much. Boring game to watch.

Alpine is right, only Austin looks remotely likely to score. How many more times are Prowse and Davis going to hold their heads in their hands when they both constantly miss open goal opportunities? 2 years, me3 years. Get rid in Jan! Redmond runs west to east every game and managers not wery much. Boring game to watch.

So Alpine's offspring has a log-in...welcome! ;-)

Interesting because the Solent taters were adamant Forster was injured during the game and was struggling to move or kick by the end of the game.

Trying his best to avoid a call up into the shambles that England have become.