Inter Milan v Saints build up

Edmonton Saint

inter were dire against calgiri today with their strongest squad,lost 2-1

their captain[incardi] is getting abuse for slagging inter fans in his autobiography

so considering they will have a weakened team could be a great chance for us to turn them over at the san siro,and I personally think we can.

cant wait to be there on Thursday

all flag owners make sure you bring as plenty of places to hang them and be good to see the away end covered with them

Forster

Martina Yoshida VVD Targett

Romeu

JWP Hojbjerg

Tadic Long Redmond

Think Fonte should be given the opportunity to captain the team away at the San Siro, he has been with us for so long.

Forster

Martina - yoshida- Fonte- McQueen

Romeu

Davis - Hoijbjerg

Tadic

Redmond - Jrod

Austin and VvD to be rested and on the bench

I've only just found out Frank de Boer is Inter's manager, having been one of our targets (allegedly) in the summer.

Would be great to prove a point to him and, I suppose, add credibility to us (and the board) for the decision to go with Puel and not pursue de Boer too vehemently.

I've only just found out Frank de Boer is Inter's manager, having been one of our targets (allegedly) in the summer.

Would be great to prove a point to him and, I suppose, add credibility to us (and the board) for the decision to go with Puel and not pursue de Boer too vehemently.

We rejected him because he had no experience outside of Ajax making it difficult for us to determine what sort of coach he is, Ajax being a club with it's own identity when it comes to style of play.

In any case he wasn't particularly impressive at Ajax, abysmal record in european competitions, Inter fans don't seem to impressed either. Another Van Gaal with possession of the ball an end in itself.

Forster

Martina Fonte Yoshida Mcqueen

Højbjerg

Clasie JWP

Tadic

Long Jay-Rod

I'd like to play this, and yes I know Romeu is probably our best player in form atm, but I want to rest Romeu for the Manchester City game.

Also Boufal maybe can make a debut at the San Siro- who knows.

Inter Milan fans feeling nervous about playing us and that we're going to drill them a new one.

Have i woken up in a different universe or something?

It's madness isn't it! Will be heading to Milan with no expectations either way, just want to make the most of this.

Always wanted to see Saints away in Europe, and always wanted to see a game at the San Siro/Guiseppe Meazza. Never in my wildest dreams would I have considered those two being one and the same.

This is just the type of fixture Ive yearned for an age.

They aren't the Inter of old....but to me it would be huge to come away with even a draw.

Look where we were only a few years ago.

We could almost knock them out,couldn't we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently such as?

I guess it depends on the definition. In terms of an occasion, and something that will live long in fans' memories, a trip to the San Siro must be hard to beat. But equally I imagine the Coventry 2012 promotion day, or the Everton 99 great escape day will also live long in people's memories and arguably (ok, not even arguably) more important.

See, I don't see that personally. Good night and occasion, but we've had far bigger moments of history, even in recent times.

This epitomises for me everything that we went through is for nights like this .8000 saints fans travelling to see us play inter Milan competitively is nothing short of iconic

See, I don't see that personally. Good night and occasion, but we've had far bigger moments of history, even in recent times.

Indeed.

The JPT semi-final and finals were bigger matches than this.

A lot of people are just a bit over-excited, really.

Indeed.

:rolleyes:

We're playing Inter Milan at the San Siro, it's a huge milestone even if they aren't the size of team that they used to be.

Indeed.

Disagree, in 2009-10 season we were playing in League One (third tier football) with -10 points having nearly gone out of business.

Whereas Inter in 2009-10 were winning the League, cup and Champions League treble under Jose Mourinho.

Now, do you think anyone in football, in 2010, would have done anything other than laugh at you, if you had said in just 6 years that Southampton would be going to the San Siro for a competitive game against Inter and had a realistic chance of winning that game?

it's huge whatever way you look at it.