Route to Milan 2016

saintoaks

In Gatwick waiting on my flight right now, pretty stoked. There a consensus been reached on good places to drink with other saints yet?

I think everywhere is the answer............ I don't fancy having to queue behind 7000 other Saints fans for my secondi Peroni when we all descend on just one bar!!:D

Taxi due in one hour. Real bucket list stuff for me personally, but couldn't get close to explaining it. I am going to watch Saints in the San Siro, in a European qualifier ... Un fu cking believable.

From the dark days of administration to this. To be fair, there were a fair few posters that wanted Admin and saw that as the best way out - I, along with many other disagreed and still believe we got EXCEPTIONALLY lucky, but that doesn't really matter now.

For the first time I can ever think of, I don't care about the result. Just being there will be enough.

Safe travels everyone.

Gutted not to be going but shift work is my burden once again. That said, I finish at 3pm tomorrow, and after racing home and getting changed, I'm straight down the pub to watch the game, as I'm off over the weekend and can get thoroughly plastered win or lose. (But hopefully win.)

Those going have a great time, be good, and do us proud. (And let's hope the team do too.) Jealous.

Just a heads up for the hordes possibly heading up the M3 en-route to Gatwick in the morning.

Don't forget the road works are still plodding on along the M3 towards London, warning signs are saying that the road is likely to be closed overnight from Junc 4 Farborough to the M25 until 5am in the morning.

I will put this on the other relevant threads in case this one is not read.............. So apologies if you are reading this for the umpteenth time.

18:20 Ryanair tomorrow night from Stansted into Malpensa

then 06:40 friday am back to stansted for work on Friday morning! 3 of us travelling

Staying in Garibaldi area! Can't wait.

On the same flight and staying in the same area! Look out for the Novak Djokovic and Heston blumenthal lookalikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Literally just got the go ahead (having already got a ticket) - straight on Expedia and got Swiss flight at 6am tomorrow morning via Zurich and back same route Friday afternoon. Managed to get a cheap hotel somewhere in the western suburbs - Idea Hotel Milano San Siro - which sounded close to the stadium, but isn't particularly, but hey, it's almost the last minute so I can't be choosy.

Another two on the 09:00 from Gatwick to Malpensa in the morning, en route to Gatwick as we speak for a cheap (free)

pre-flight overnight stopover. Can't bloody wait! Just need to (still!) look at the best option from Malpensa to the hotel, that's my research job for tonight!

I'm on the 11.30 Flybe from Manchester tomorrow. Staying a couple of nights with some mates who have booked an apartment for a long weekend and heading back on Saturday.

I'm still finding it hard to believe really. This time 6 years ago we were in the bottom half of L1 having just lost to Huddersfield. Now we are heading to the bloody San Siro (a stadium I have long wanted to visit) to play Inter Milan, with an excellent chance of coming away with some points.

Thank you Markus. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

• 1 year later...