Route to Milan 2016

saintoaks

At the moment looks like we may get 7 of the Dubai Saints crew to the game. We tried REALLY hard to get our **** together and come en masse but the late news of the extra tickets getting down to us mere members put paid to that. Add in about 6 "Casual Members" who come down our way & join us to watch games we've got a pretty decent turn out.

We've a mixture arriving from tomorrow lunchtime through to Thursday morning.

Biggest bunch of us flying on Emirates but also some (including Eric) trying out our new "potential sponsor" Oman Air via Muscat and as far as we know, one daft bugger coming on Alitalia.

Two more were refused vacation days so not a bad effort.

We'll be in Brera? & Navilgi Wed & Thursday and we'll be all flagged up, I'll be talking Golf & Eric will be moaning about the lack of Real Ale.

Just off to find a fire certificate now for the flags (FFS)

Flying out from Gatwick to Genoa early Thursday morning then train into Milan. Reverse trip the morning after.

Booked all very last minute and surprisingly not too expensive, and I get the pleasure of flying BA instead of suffering budget airlines like I usually do.

Couldn't be more excited!

0645 Stansted to Verona Weds am

Train to Milan Thursday am then back after game then fly back early friday

Im on that flight and returning on the 09:55 on Friday.

Booked the Trenitalia train from Verona Porta Nuova to Milano Centrale at 12:02 an arriving at 13:25.

How are you getting to stansted??

Was probably going to get a taxi, how about yourself?

€90 euros fixed price for a taxi from Malpensa to Milan Central (£81!!!) according to this, catch the bus seems to take just as long as a taxi and possibly more than half the price even if there are 4 of you splitting the fare.

http://www.chamonix.net/english/travel/italy/airport-milan-centre

Was probably going to get a taxi, how about yourself?

Was going to get the bus but thanks to mrfahaji, now going to get the train to Milano Cadorna (takes 37 minutes) for €13 as that runs until half midnight, and then taxi it the rest of the way.

Edited by beavis17

9.45 AM Tuesday Emirates Dubai Dxb to Malpensa meeting son no three in Milan City Centre early evening for my ticket (he is flying from Stanstead to Linate) back late Friday to the Heat Sun Sand and Sea.

I am on the same flight out as Dubai Phil so brushing up on my golf knowledge! Also staying at the same hotel as Eric of Arabia he of the lucky sash ( hope it's coming too)! ( There are a dozen or so of us Dubai Saints going, look out for our flag at the match)

Also my fifteenth year watching Saints having started in the days of McGrath The great late Ron Davies Terry Paine Chivers and a very young Channon

My 50th (predictictive text by pass) Year following The Saints too ..... seems World Cup 66 and Saints 1st ever season in The Top Tier brought out The Glory Hunters in abundance :lol:

When you live 2750 miles East of Milan, the last thing you expect to do is head further East, but that's what I'll be doing tomorrow morning!

Dubai to Muscat, 2 hour transit and then Muscat to Milan, arrive 1920. Malpensa Express into Milan, local change somewhere(!) to Porta Venezie to the same hotel as Haloless and 2 other @dubaisaints ... then hit town!!

Doorstep to doorstep about 14 hours I reckon, but for 7 of those I shall be availing of free booze on Oman Air. Oh and I'm travelling straight after a sleepless Nightshift - what could possibly go wrong :mcinnes:

Flying out from Gatwick to Genoa early Thursday morning then train into Milan. Reverse trip the morning after.

Booked all very last minute and surprisingly not too expensive, and I get the pleasure of flying BA instead of suffering budget airlines like I usually do.

Couldn't be more excited!

If that's the 07:10 BA2688, I'm on there with you. Share taxi to Genova Piazza Principe station if you like.

Was going to get the bus but thanks to mrfahaji, now going to get the train to Milano Cadorna (takes 37 minutes) for €13 as that runs until half midnight, and then taxi it the rest of the way.

cheers for the heads up, I'll be doing the same then!

12 of us doing London to Turin weds morning . **** up in Turin weds night then fast train to Milan Thursday morning .

I'm already in Turin and my friend bought me ticket for the opera this afternoon! Have already booked for the 9.50 fast train on Thursday so keep an eye open. Try the birrificcio Torino for a drink - had a couple there last night.

Yes mate, sounds like a plan. Have you pre-booked train tickets from Genoa, or are you just going to get one on the day?

Less hassle to get one on the day as there are different operators and prices for different trains, they are fussy about that sort of thing. There are about 2 trains an hour, about 20 euros.

If it goes ahead the general strike on Friday is going to be a nightmare. The rail strike is between 9am and 5pm, ATC all day: 0.00 to 23.59. I know these sometimes get called off though...

Edited by Chez

Less hassle to get one on the day as there are different operators and prices for different trains, they are fussy about that sort of thing. There are about 2 trains an hour, about 20 euros.

Yeah I've been researching and had decided to just get one on the day. If you email me your details we can meet after we get off the plane in Genoa to share a taxi. edwardmjporter@gmail.com