Inter 1 Saints 0 - Reactions

St Chalet

Played well overall bar the finishing.

so wasteful again in front of goal. That cost us tonight

they are rubbish to be fair.

We should get out of this group, 2 home games and we should have won tonight and should do at SMS

Hoj not good, Jrod poor

McQueen decent, Rom my MoM (again)

Need players with finishing skill. Stick Mane + Pele in that game and it's 5-0. Hope one comes in the next window but not holding my breath.

On the plus side, Boufal looks like another excellent black box acquisition.

Not sure he would have been the answer... getting on a bit

Played well overall bar the finishing.

so wasteful again in front of goal. That cost us tonight

they are rubbish to be fair.

We should get out of this group, 2 home games and we should have won tonight and should do at SMS

Hoj not good, Jrod poor

McQueen decent, Rom my MoM (again)

And this might indicate our problem, when the DM is getting regular MoM in games where we produce lots of scoring opportunities. Surely it should be the striker getting MoM under such circumstances.

Shooting practice at training, Claude!

Very frustrating night. Saints were by far the better team but lack of ability to put the ball in the net is really going to hurt us. Seems strange to say it when we played one of the most famous teams in Europe in their own stadium, but Saints really should have won that game. Inter had one shot on goal and that was all they needed. It was a lesson in finishing.

Really frustrating game but impossible to ignore positives, absolutely controlled the game against a strong team. So many chances that on another night would've gone in, didn't take our chances but a few decisions didn't go our way too.

Romeu immense, defense so solid and Boufal looks decent. Not short of chances, just short of goals.

We are of course all disappointing.

But we need to all except that this is part of the club and the players learning, growing and developing.

They showed respect to a team that in England we'd have comfortably beaten 3-0, just because of reputation.

We will still get out of the group. No worries on that. Inter probably wont.

Meanwhile the players did us proud and did enough to win. Some very suspect and biased reffing and some unlucky shot taking and good keeping.

For me, James Ward Prowse was superb tonight. Really starting to develop into a central midfielder with great passing, technique and creativity. Mcqueen was not out of his depth, boufal showed some nice touches... even yoshida had a good game (

I'm not going to moan about that performance, apart from the middle 20 minutes of the 2nd half we were superb. We created so many chances, on another day we could have had 4 or 5. Gutting to not get anything from it but still brilliant to see the level we are at nowadays.

Smash and grab job by the locals. How many chances did we have that on another night would have resulted in a comfortable win. We look to be short of a good striker; Romeu excellent but had too much to do with Hojbjerg having a poor game and JWP neat and tidy but nothing more. Both full backs heavily involved and it was good to see Boufal up and running. A cruel defeat.

That's Europe cup games for ya. Our weakness is finishing we all know that, its been done to death. 1 shot on target and one goal by Inter. We brought our game, yes we've been better and more incisive but that's not to say we didn't play well. 1 shot on target and 1 goal, that will happen to us a few more times this season, because the nature of what we have which is great technical players but overall our finishing isn't our strong point. Shame we couldn't capitalise on being the better team but that's the rub when you play the world class teams. Look at English clubs record at San Siro, it isn't an unexpected result but chalk it as a missed opportunity. Mc Queen well impressed, looks like he's been doing it forever, made the right forward moves at the right moments, covered defensively when he needed too. Think Targett needs to be a little concerned. Van Dijk sounds gutted. Hojberg killed himself in first half and should have been replaced earlier but that's just my opinon and i'm obviously nowhere near as qualified as Puel to make that call.

Edited by Mallagroth

Three blanks in our last four games, in spite of creating the majority of chances.

The lack of real quality up front is hurting us. Long has reverted to the garbage level he's played most of his career at. Rodriguez is a sad shadow of the player he was two years ago. Austin's not fit enough to complete one let alone three games in a week.

It's a shame. Our general play is pretty good.

Nice to see Boufal get on. He looked miles off the pace, but at least he's an option now.

Hey ho...

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Only saw one replay of the JRod header, but it definitely sounded like the whistle went so early it was for something happening elsewhere in the box.

Pretty dispiriting result - played well without really carving them open and then got suckered by an irritatingly good finish that put the technique of our strikers into sharp relief. In a way it felt like Inter were England and we were the Eastern European minnow that plays well for 90 minutes of a Wembley qualifier and then gets done by one moment of quality.

I thought we played very well in periods and didn't deserve to lose at all. We created a lot of chances but as seems to be our problem we can't stick them away. Or they fall to players who imo are pretty bad at shooting overall. I think the club can be proud of their performance and showed one of the giants of football we can actually play.

That said I think we really lack a creative central attacking midfielder. Someone who can create a killer pass and score some goals. Jwp shouldn't be near the first team. The corner at the end is in-forgivable. If that was anyone else they would have been slated. When we have just come close to scoring from a few corners/balls into the box why oh ****ing why did you decide to short corner, run all the way with the ball across the pitch and then pass it back to Martina....That is up there with the most stupidest things we have ever done. Add to that he could be partially blamed for their goal by not tracking their guy back.

Back to the positives and I thought Sam and Romeu played very well. Romeu has come on loads this season and it's great to see. Yoshida and VVD did pretty good and limited how many shots they had. Jay Rod looks to have lost a lot of pace though which is sad to see.

Should never have started with JRod. Disallowed goal aside he was dreadful. Too many changes from Puel for me when we likely lose to City in any event. Good performance and should have won but a lot of what ifs given our best striker started on the bench. Still, nothing the manager can do about all those missed chances. Onto the next!

For me, James Ward Prowse was superb tonight. Really starting to develop into a central midfielder with great passing, technique and creativity. (

I thought the opposite to be fair. Always passed to the sides or backwards. When we had everyone forward and we were by the penalty box he lumped it all the way back to the half way line. And let's not even mention that corner if you can call it that. Shows it is a game of opinions really.