Bottles in the Canal

Noodles34

Noticed hundreds as well as plenty of smashed ones. Whilst there was seemingly no trouble in Milan, why oh why do people feel the need?

I like a drink and i can get drunk, but I'd have to be so drunk to throw a bottle aimlessly or inconsiderately and if i was that drunk, I shouldn't be going to the game anyway.

When I was living in France, the police would actually encourage us to go in the basins there instead of in the street.

As was the case here...

Some of you lot really need to lighten up and enjoy life. Hopefully those of you moaning at people having fun are those who have only come out for the big fixture.

As was the case here...

Some of you lot really need to lighten up and enjoy life. Hopefully those of you moaning at people having fun are those who have only come out for the big fixture.

How about the knobs who vandalised a van and robbed beer out the back. Or is that just fun too?

That can be said of every team in the Football League, whether its a few thousand, a few hundred or ten to twenty!

Absolutely but I'd suggest ours is at the upper end. Watching that video made me wince. It's mindless and nothing can be said to defend it. Football is being used as a vehicle for this sort of behaviour and it's unfortunate to say the least.

That can be said of every team in the Football League, whether its a few thousand, a few hundred or ten to twenty!

Absolutely but I'd suggest ours is at the upper end. Watching that video made me wince. It's mindless and nothing can be said to defend it. Football is being used as a vehicle for this sort of behaviour and it's unfortunate to say the least.

Unfortunately I think you're right . Coming home from West Ham on the train there were 4 singing a song about Maddie McCann being in the back of a van . The dozen or so idiot mates were laughing along . To my shame I left the carriage rather than confront them , but as there was only me & my nipper it may have been a good move

Unfortunately I think you're right . Coming home from West Ham on the train there were 4 singing a song about Maddie McCann being in the back of a van . The dozen or so idiot mates were laughing along . To my shame I left the carriage rather than confront them , but as there was only me & my nipper it may have been a good move

Every ground in the country had it's share of simpletons this weekend I've never been to a game and not been amazed that a certain number of people could remember to breath let alone function in society. Hope the idiots chucking bottles wind up in the cells!

Every ground in the country had it's share of simpletons this weekend I've never been to a game and not been amazed that a certain number of people could remember to breath let alone function in society. Hope the idiots chucking bottles wind up in the cells!

Seriously , stop talking boll@cks.

Out of 92 clubs, anything untoward in Milan would have been at the absolute lower, lower, lower end.

On the whole the Saints fans were an absolute credit to the club and something that we should recognize...... not discredit.

Seriously , stop talking boll@cks.

Out of 92 clubs, anything untoward in Milan would have been at the absolute lower, lower, lower end.

On the whole the Saints fans were an absolute credit to the club and something that we should recognize...... not discredit.

I think personally when Milan is "talked about" in years to come, people will not be remembering bottles in the canal, the odd fan ****ing on the street or the odd van being rocked. They will be talking of the great atmosphere on the Weds night and what a good turnout by the Saints fans on the night.

I think personally when Milan is "talked about" in years to come, people will not be remembering bottles in the canal, the odd fan ****ing on the street or the odd van being rocked. They will be talking of the great atmosphere on the Weds night and what a good turnout by the Saints fans on the night.

Exactly what the majority of Italian fans and all the Italian press are saying. Which would suggest any wrong behaviour was a tiny minority.

Take 7000+ fans from any club in the world and you'll always get at least 20-30 idiots. Probably a lot more. Fortunately these idiots didn't get violent and to my knowledge nobody was hurt.

Exactly what the majority of Italian fans and all the Italian press are saying. Which would suggest any wrong behaviour was a tiny minority.

Take 7000+ fans from any club in the world and you'll always get at least 20-30 idiots. Probably a lot more. Fortunately these idiots didn't get violent and to my knowledge nobody was hurt.

I'm not advocating or suggesting what those fans did was acceptable but if they really were the scum of the earth your making them out to be I think the damage would be more than bottles in a canal

I'm not advocating or suggesting what those fans did was acceptable but if they really were the scum of the earth your making them out to be I think the damage would be more than bottles in a canal

Yeah generally it was all good natured down there and everyone was having fun. A few took it too far. Are we really shocked?

No one police officer in sight and I believe that's what kept it a happy atmosphere.

They were there, both ours and Italian in plain clothes.

They were there, both ours and Italian in plain clothes.

Yep they were on the other canal bank....his boots gave him away...he was talking on his microphone and just giving updates.

If things were as bad as Bangkok makes out above then they certainly wouldnt have missed an opportunity - the lot stood by the exit gates at end of game needed some excuse to use all that gear they were decked out in! The shields were bigger than me.

7k people in one area and although can't condone the bottles it was a great experience and on the whole well behaved.

The fact that you were subject to that vileness while you were with your child sums matters up totally and is an indictment of the way society is going. IMHO you most definitely made the correct move by leaving the carriage, otherwise I doubt very much had you spoken out that they would have desisted from subjecting you and your child to Direct Verbal Abuse and where might that have led to? Discretion is the better part of valour and the mere fact that you felt compelled to "have ago" in such dire circumstances, speaks very highly of you LDH.

I'm going to stick up for Cellone here. You my friend, Griffo, come across as a class 1 a-hole with that remark.

No he makes up chants and everything and gets upset when people don't sing with him. Like a little pussy really

no mate it isn't the bottles that would make people hate England away games, it would be the utter ****e you have to watch for 90mins consistently

Or the large amount of utters ****s you have to stand watching it with. #ingerland

No he makes up chants and everything and gets upset when people don't sing with him. Like a little pussy really

I don't get upset when people don't sing ones I come up with. I get p*ssed off with our sh*te away support in general.

I suggest you put me on ignore instead of replying to most things I post you sad act.

I really didn't think the guys behaved badly , i did look at the bottles being thrown in the canal on Wednesday night and think was a shame they were doing that ....but drunken boys basically , no trouble that i saw and we were at Navali all night .

However so you all know

We got an email on Thursday morning from the corporate team at the San Siro informing my group the alcohol was banned from 11am to 11pm on matchday in and around the stadium under a order from the Milan council because of the poor behavior on Wednesday evening .

So we suffered no red wine with our prawn sarnies in corporate .....lol;)