Gary Lineker

whelk

I think lineker is a tool for his comments. these are not the first from him either

you could be deaf, dumb and blind and still figure out that some of these refugees are not 'children'

To be fair blindness would probably be the only excuse for not spotting that some of them were at least 30.

To be fair blindness would probably be the only excuse for not spotting that some of them were at least 30.

Damn these other people trying to survive after being bombed out of their homes in Syria. There's perhaps 1500 people, who have lost everything and have made their way to Calais to start over.

I think lineker is a tool for his comments. these are not the first from him either

you could be deaf, dumb and blind and still figure out that some of these refugees are not 'children'

Agree with you but Lineker has probably now spent too long among BBC media types and makes his comments for their consumption.

Don't suppose he'll see many refugees camped or resettled near his home , 'children' or otherwise.

Agree with you but Lineker has probably now spent too long among BBC media types and makes his comments for their consumption.

Don't suppose he'll see many refugees camped or resettled near his home , 'children' or otherwise.

How many are near your home?

Damn these other people trying to survive after being bombed out of their homes in Syria. There's perhaps 1500 people, who have lost everything and have made their way to Calais to start over.

Is Calais the nearest safe haven?

Seeing as they can just walk into any police station in Europe & claim asylum I consider the ones in Calais economic migrants .

Of course they could have sailed from Syria via the med , then Atlantic , before sailing up the channel to arrive at Calais as their first port of call . I would question their sense of direction & common sense , but they would be asylum seekers .

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Is Calais the nearest safe haven?

Seeing as they can just walk into any police station in Europe & claim asylum I consider the ones in Calais economic migrants .

Of course they could have sailed from Syria via the med , then Atlantic , before sailing up the channel to arrive at Calais as their first port of call . I would question their sense of direction & common sense , but they would be asylum seekers .

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

I quite agree because the more you lot are conned into taking them the less that will try and get to Australia and New Zealand. :lol:

Yeah because when they get turned away at Calais their first thought would be to try and make their way to Hobbitland at the arse end of the planet.

I would gladly welcome more because I think it's the decent thing to do after the way our armed forces have ****ed the whole region up over the past years/decades.

Strange that nothing much has been reported of the open door policy that Germany had to "refugees", now sees the security chain on and the open door very much just a small crack. Nor the early morning deportations they have been carrying out on those welcomed in to big cheers lots of clapping, and the brass band playing along.

All of this is a very fine line, some of these folks have had a horrible time and should be helped, but when a load of so called children turn up and they look unlikely to be asked for ID down the off-licence then questions need to be asked, if we just let folks in willy nilly like Germany did, imagine the questions that would be asked if the goings on in Cologne this past New Years Eve happened in London.

Lineker Tweeted what most people were thinking, maybe he should have thought a bit longer before posting.................... Lily Allen just has a new album to sell.

I would gladly welcome more because I think it's the decent thing to do after the way our armed forces have ****ed the whole region up over the past years/decades.

Indeed. The situation in Syria is partly of our own government's making, after all they have prolonged the fighting by sending arms to the rebels.

The very least they could do in recompense is to house a few displaced refugees. Who gives a flying f*ck if they look a little bit older than they claim to be?

Please don't tell me you believe they all have relatives here .

I'm not saying I do. I don't doubt that many of them have travelled to Calais in the hope of getting across the channel, as they have been told some load of codswallop about a magical land of milk and honey where immigrants are welcomed with open arms and given a free mansion / Ferrari etc...

What is not in doubt, however, is that their home has been destroyed as a result of a global powerplay involving our own government, and it is only right that we take in our fair share of refugees rather than just sweep the matter under the carpet and expect somebody else to deal with it.

Of course, rags like the Sun and the Express are seemingly intent on whipping up as much anti-immigrant hatred as they possibly can in order to prevent that.

I'd rather Britain focussed on doing far more to help refugees in adjoining countries - mainly Lebanon and Turkey - and helping to rebuild war torn countries once the conflict is over. The aim should be to enable people to return to their homes, not to take a token few in here and leave the vast majority to live in economic and physical ruins.

Indeed. The situation in Syria is partly of our own government's making, after all they have prolonged the fighting by sending arms to the rebels.

The very least they could do in recompense is to house a few displaced refugees. Who gives a flying f*ck if they look a little bit older than they claim to be?

And this is the problem with the 'refugees welcome' brigade. It's not a few is it. The population of Syria alone was 20 million odd, that's before you get on to Iraq, Afgan etc.

So you're logic is to send a message to every impoverished and war torn part of the world, that IF you reach the 'finish line' and successfully illegally make you're way through Europe, risking your life along the way and paying large sums to traffickers, you'll be granted a new life.

Lineker is an arrogant c*nt, not because he doesn't seem to think we need any vetting process. But because he clearly thinks anyone who doesn't share his view is a heartless bigot.

And this is the problem with the 'refugees welcome' brigade. It's not a few is it. The population of Syria alone was 20 million odd, that's before you get on to Iraq, Afgan etc.

So you're logic is to send a message to every impoverished and war torn part of the world, that IF you reach the 'finish line' and successfully illegally make you're way through Europe, risking your life along the way and paying large sums to traffickers, you'll be granted a new life.

Lineker is an arrogant c*nt, not because he doesn't seem to think we need any vetting process. But because he clearly thinks anyone who doesn't share his view is a heartless bigot.

You're insane. The vast vast majority of that 20 million are either in Syria or the surrounding countries. Only a tiny fraction have tried to get to lovely Andover.

You're insane. The vast vast majority of that 20 million are either in Syria or the surrounding countries. Only a tiny fraction have tried to get to lovely Andover.

That is true, and explains why most residents of the jungle are economic migrants from Africa, with no chance of asylum.

Nobody has said the children should be turned away.

I disagree, anyone who makes an issue of a few possibly over age kids getting helped is a heartless bigot.

I disagree, anyone who makes an issue of a few possibly over age kids getting helped is a heartless bigot.

What's an " over age kid" , you're either a kid or an adult .

What's so bad about France? I thought they were an ally of ours , a socially liberal democracy, why do people need helping when they're safe in France?

What's an " over age kid" , you're either a kid or an adult .

What's so bad about France? I thought they were an ally of ours , a socially liberal democracy, why do people need helping when they're safe in France?

I'd be happy for France to help, happy for us to help. I think France has taken in more than us already. Regardless of where they are from they are people in a bad situation.

We have hundred and hundreds of thousands of economic migrants who turn up every year who have left jobs, family's and safe homes in Europe to come here. A few people with brown skin turn up, who are in real desperate need, wether they are fleeing grinding poverty or wars we have caused, and some people go mental.

I'd be happy for France to help, happy for us to help. I think France has taken in more than us already. Regardless of where they are from they are people in a bad situation.

We have hundred and hundreds of thousands of economic migrants who turn up every year who have left jobs, family's and safe homes in Europe to come here. A few people with brown skin turn up, who are in real desperate need, wether they are fleeing grinding poverty or wars we have caused, and some people go mental.

what has the colour of their skin got to do with anything?

A few people with brown skin turn up, who are in real desperate need, wether they are fleeing grinding poverty or wars we have caused, and some people go mental.

FFS , how many more times . France is a safe country . The people in Calais can walk into any police station in France & claim asylum. There is no war in France or " grinding poverty ". What is so hard to understand .

FFS , how many more times . France is a safe country . The people in Calais can walk into any police station in France & claim asylum. There is no war in France or " grinding poverty ". What is so hard to understand .

They are not French, France is not where their home, family and friends are - they are homeless refugees. France has already taken more than us so we should do the right thing and help some of them out.

If countries were allocated refugees by how much they have ****ed up other countries then we should take in more than anyone in Europe.

They are not French, France is not where their home, family and friends are - they are homeless refugees.

They're not British either, so what on earth difference does that make? Are you saying that because " they are not French" the Dublin convention doesn't apply . It's pretty straightforward , they are people in a safe country who want to come to Britain . That doesn't make them bad people , but it doesn't make them " homeless refugees " either .

They're not British either, so what on earth difference does that make? Are you saying that because " they are not French" the Dublin convention doesn't apply . It's pretty straightforward , they are people in a safe country who want to come to Britain . That doesn't make them bad people , but it doesn't make them " homeless refugees " either .

Just because they are in France doesn't mean they are not refugees. The Dublin convention doesn't make refugees any less refugee just because they are in a safe country, it just means EU countries can move them around.

Article 1 of the Convention as amended by the 1967 Protocol defines a refugee as:

"A person who owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country; or who, not having a nationality and being outside the country of his former habitual residence as a result of such events, is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to return to it.."

So wether they are in France, Turkey, Iraq or on a boat in the English channel is irrelevant - if they are a refugee they are a refugee.

The Dublin convention is an EU agreement written in EU law , I couldn't give a flying **** what the EU defines as a refugee . The people in Calais could walk into a police station and claim asylum , in fact your beloved Dublin convention states that is what they must do .But they don't , they are safe & they could live in better conditions but choose not to . Why don't you save your sympathy for people who are unsafe , are in danger every day of their lives , rather than people who prefer to live in the uk rather than France , Italy or Greece .

The Dublin convention is an EU agreement written in EU law , I couldn't give a flying **** what the EU defines as a refugee . The people in Calais could walk into a police station and claim asylum , in fact your beloved Dublin convention states that is what they must do .But they don't , they are safe & they could live in better conditions but choose not to . Why don't you save your sympathy for people who are unsafe , are in danger every day of their lives , rather than people who prefer to live in the uk rather than France , Italy or Greece .

You brought up the Dublin convention first, I just used the definition under international law. A refugee is still a refugee if they don't register at the first available safe country.

Economic migrants - they are the hundreds of thousands of mainly white people who rock up from Europe every year that no one gets quite so worked up about.

You brought up the Dublin convention first, I just used the definition under international law. A refugee is still a refugee if they don't register at the first available safe country.

Economic migrants - they are the hundreds of thousands of mainly white people who rock up from Europe every year that no one gets quite so worked up about.

People do get worked up about them, free movement of people within the EU has been a huge issue of discussion over the last year or so.

Maybe because most countries these days teach their kids English, will be easier to integrate for them.

Maybe because most countries these days teach their kids English, will be easier to integrate for them.

Agreed . But listen to lefties & luvvies & they're in mortal danger , persecuted daily & living in grinding poverty . They've chosen to subject themselves to the conditions in the jungle rather than claim asylum elsewhere . They have a choice ,

Agreed . But listen to lefties & luvvies & they're in mortal danger , persecuted daily & living in grinding poverty . They've chosen to subject themselves to the conditions in the jungle rather than claim asylum elsewhere . They have a choice ,

Well maybe we shouldn't have colonised half the world then and encouraged everyone to learn English with our own brand of Imperial capitalism.

Seems to, that a few posters on here (the lefties), could do with spending a few years in a country where they aren't afforded the privilege of free speech, or freedom of movement, or lack of immigration, Saudi springs to mind. They should count themselves lucky, to be able to spout the sh1t that they do, without recrimination. Seriously! you welcome these people into an over populated island, where they have no intention of integrating, all they want is out benefits, deny them this right, they they wouldn't want to be here. Some of you, maybe youngsters I suspect, will be whinging like feck in twenty years, when there is no free medical service because the country can't afford one, and that pension you pay into each payday, that will be gone, taken by those that haven't paid a dime towards it. YOU will get that country you so wish for, but it won't be the one you live in now.

Seems to, that a few posters on here (the lefties), could do with spending a few years in a country where they aren't afforded the privilege of free speech, or freedom of movement, or lack of immigration, Saudi springs to mind. They should count themselves lucky, to be able to spout the sh1t that they do, without recrimination. Seriously! you welcome these people into an over populated island, where they have no intention of integrating, all they want is out benefits, deny them this right, they they wouldn't want to be here. Some of you, maybe youngsters I suspect, will be whinging like feck in twenty years, when there is no free medical service because the country can't afford one, and that pension you pay into each payday, that will be gone, taken by those that haven't paid a dime towards it. YOU will get that country you so wish for, but it won't be the one you live in now.

This seems familiar. Is it an extract from Mein Kampf?