Man City 1 Saints 1 - Reactions

St Chalet

MOTM  

343 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM

Decent point. Our best result there since returning to Prem from memory.

Yep it is.

Lost all 4 other times there!

Great point, Romeu rightly MOTM, VVD a close second too for me and shout out to Fonte- strong defensive display.

We also got into some really good attacking positions and had good opportunities, couldn't quite make the most of it though.

We continue the unbeaten Prem run, slowly climbing up the table.

Fantastic performance by saints. made them look v ordinary first half and defended like tigers in second.

McQueen was strong second half, and Boufal showing promising signs (though will need to adjust to pace and aggression of premier league). VvD, Fonte and Romeu immense.

Forster has little to do then when needed acts like a statue. Boufal has much to do to convince me he will be what we hoped he might be. In terms of Strikers to replace Austin we are looking very weak without Long and JRod and even then I'm not convinced we've done enough business in the summer to deal with a huge number of fixtures. After saying all that, this was a good draw for us.

Forster has little to do then when needed acts like a statue. Boufal has much to do to convince me he will be what we hoped he might be. In terms of Strikers to replace Austin we are looking very weak without Long and JRod and even then I'm not convinced we've done enough business in the summer to deal with a huge number of fixtures. After saying all that, this was a good draw for us.

You can really tell that re Boufal after an away game in Milan (20 mins) and City (20 mins).

Tough task master

great result. played well enough against a really attacking focused city and defended stoutly. have to say some ( particularly cuco) looked really tired towards the end which didnt help our chances of snatching it.

you g mcqueen had a tough night but did pretty well against an onslaught down our left.

Good point, well earned against City & Clattenburg (who took pleasure in every decision for City, and showed great reluctance when having to give a decision our way).

A fine poacher's goal by Redmond.

Romeu just ENORMOUS in midfield - even Niall Quinn gave him MoM!

VvD still immense in defence (haha just noticed that rhymes - oh dear!). Fonte also fantastic today.

Nice to see Boufal on for a time - he looked tricky.

Redmond is getting better and better, isn't he?

Just... a great team effort. More proud than pleased :D

Edited by 5string
Changed stuff

Very good result. Dug in second half but a draw is a fair result.

Clasie not good enough imo and needs to go, Davis was off the pace today but overall a great point away. Boufal showed signs of being very tricky but needs to adjust to the prem which is tougher than what he has been use to.

We do look like a real 'team' I think, really composed and solid - credit to Puel. Appreciate he got caught in midfield, but I thought Boufal looked otherwise quite assured and played some nice passes. We were always going to find it harder to score this season than last, but still much to look forward to i reckon.

You can really tell that re Boufal after an away game in Milan (20 mins) and City (20 mins).

Tough task master

Yes of course. Not saying the lad has no potential, but he is quite a way off the pace of the EPL at the moment. Probably needs a couple of starts to really get find his way?

Tough task master

You misspelt idiot.

Honestly, what kinda of a numpty would still be whining about the summer give the week we've just had. And to judge Boufal on the evidence of two cameos after 5 months injured and in two of the hardest away stadia on the continent? Jeez.

Well, can you be proud of a tie? I am, certainly.

The concentration shown, the commitment to the game plan, the intensity, it was excellent.

Virgil was late to cover Iheanacho but other than that he showed why he is one the best centre-backs in the league right now.

Redmond is getting better every day. Shame Dusan and Charlie weren't at the top of their game.

I'm excited by McQueen's potential. He got beaten by Sane a few times but he was resilient. Many others would have crumbled down after that but he kept his composure right to the end. As all the team did.

It's time to give credit to Puel, I think. He has used the assets available to him very well. The changes he made were spot on.

A lot of character shown by our players, gutsy performance. Good point against a very strong side.

To come back from unfortunate loss in Milan & play like that is fantastic.

Great last ditch defending , VvD & OR superb. Austin worked his socks off & gave us an out ball & I thought Redmond looked good .

McQueen played well again , Targetts really got his work cut out to get his back up place back. Well played Claude putting him in, Koeman would have played Yoshida . Martina frustrated me , bloke struggles to take a throw in . Bearing in mind the way McQueen's done is there a right back ready to step in.

All in all what a start to the season, we've lost at Arsenal, O/T & San siro only , and 2 of them we shouldn't have . Today's not the day , but looking back on some of the opinions about Claude on here will be interesting.

Gutted when their goal was scored as felt it was preventable but overall brilliant point today.

Romeu is performing excellently at the moment. 2 centre halves were solid too.

Boufal, although still getting back to match fitness shows touches and skills which are exciting and creative. Big things will come from him.

Thought that Romeu, Redmond and VVD were very good. Fonte and Davis not far behind. Only negative really was Clasie was poor.

Also, is it just me or does Forster never come off his line? Even when defenders are trying to shepherd it back to him he won't come out and pick it up.

With you on this one - happens regularly - considering how big he is, he doesn't dominate his area like he could.

We play some glorious football. Free flowing, fast and incisive. It's fantastic.

I cannot believe some tools are questioning Boufal after 2 20min performances. Give the lad a chance but the are most likely the same tools that were calling for the manager to be sacked after the Watford game.

VVD and Fonte were immense and Romeu was almost superhuman in his efforts in front of them.

Great point after a tough week.

You misspelt idiot.

Honestly, what kinda of a numpty would still be whining about the summer give the week we've just had. And to judge Boufal on the evidence of two cameos after 5 months injured and in two of the hardest away stadia on the continent? Jeez.

What are you going on about??

Very impressive. 3 days ago we were at the San Siro and should have won by outclassing the opposition, today away at Man City under arguably the best manager in the world with a fully fit squad and we frustrated them and held them to a point. Not many teams will be able to do that at this ground in this season.

Not only that but we are rotating all of our squad and they are all stepping up and doing a job, sure some of them have strengths and weaknesses that become more obvious in games like this but we got what we wanted and came out with something when many fans were throwing this game before we even left for Italy.