Wise up guys we are not going to resign SpiderMan

1) no resale value

2) he wouldn't join us

3) he has little resale value so Les won't want him

4) he's 27 in a few weeks

5) no resale value

6) wages

7) aucune valeur de revente

Of course we aren't going to resign him, as per the vast majority of posts have acknowledged. But at 26 to suggest he would have no resale value....... Have you been smoking crack cocaine?

1) no resale value

2) he wouldn't join us

5) no resale value

6) wages

Of course we aren't going to resign him, as per the vast majority of posts have acknowledged. But at 26 to suggest he would have no resale value....... Have you been smoking crack cocaine?

He would be on our bench and for a quarter of the wages. He won't consider it and we don't need it

Life is good in Saints at the moment and we move on from players that have left..............BUT, if you think that Morgan doesn't walk .... (He would actually stroll) straight back into the starting 11 then it might be time to have those rose colored glasses cleaned.

He would be on our bench and for a quarter of the wages. He won't consider it and we don't need it

Life is good in Saints at the moment and we move on from players that have left..............BUT, if you think that Morgan doesn't walk .... (He would actually stroll) straight back into the starting 11 then it might be time to have those rose colored glasses cleaned.

I like Clasie, or at least I don't agree with a lot of the stick he gets on here, but if someone offered me Morgan in his place I'd take it in a heartbeat.

That is taking the massive assumption that he would agree to a pay cut and still be motivated.

He won't come back of course, but there would be a place for him. Romeu is going brilliantly, but a lot is being asked of him, and accompanied by Davis and Clasie; Davis and Hojbjerg, or even with JWP, there is a defensive frailty involving Romeu having to do too much.

I like Clasie, or at least I don't agree with a lot of the stick he gets on here, but if someone offered me Morgan in his place I'd take it in a heartbeat.

That is taking the massive assumption that he would agree to a pay cut and still be motivated.

He won't come back of course, but there would be a place for him. Romeu is going brilliantly, but a lot is being asked of him, and accompanied by Davis and Clasie; Davis and Hojbjerg, or even with JWP, there is a defensive frailty involving Romeu having to do too much.

Ha some of you seriously need to move on and forget about "Morgan the mercenary" he made it very clear he didn't want to be here and he had out grown little Southampton, so he should be held up as an example to players that leaving may well increase your bank balance but certainly does not guarantee an improvement in International recognition or that you will progress. He's had a shocking time at United really and long may that continue.

Lot of people with short term memories on here, Morgan would get into our team any day of the week. Turned out to be one of the best holding midfielders this club has had for years, but it seems when players leave us they suddenly become **** in the eyes of some fans.

We were all gutted when he left, yet knew it was coming. For anyone to suggest Clasie is a better player is frankly ludicrous.

Ha some of you seriously need to move on and forget about "Morgan the mercenary" he made it very clear he didn't want to be here and he had out grown little Southampton, so he should be held up as an example to players that leaving may well increase your bank balance but certainly does not guarantee an improvement in International recognition or that you will progress. He's had a shocking time at United really and long may that continue.

totally agree with you on this .............all the kudos of being at a bigger club great, but if your a smaller fry than the bigger boys with so-called established reputations then youd better be good. Its got to be about playing the game surely over bigger wage demands?.....No good being part of a cup winning team without being on the team sheet.

1) no resale value

2) he wouldn't join us

5) no resale value

6) wages

No resale value like Lambert or Pelle?

maybe Morgan is slightly better than Classie but you score him rather higher than many on here and there is a good reason for that. He wasn't quite as good as the hype he still receives and hence he cannot get very close to a regular spot with Man U and is not in the French squad either.....

Leave him be at the Theatre of Dreams .....

you mean because he's French ....or ?

TBH I always thought Schneiderlin would end up going to Arsenal ...got that one wrong.:thumbdown:

Tell you what David, I've always thought exactly the same.

Arsenal style of play would have suited him perfectly. I thought Wenger was crazy not to sign him, at a time when Arsenal were crying out for a midfield general to add some steel. They were a perfect match and I really think they could have won the prem by now if they'd signed him.

Was a bit disappointed to see him sign for United instead .......... but not as disappointed as he must be now.

Reckon he'll go to Everton in Jan if Mourhino doesn't give him some game time and then I'd be fecking gutted !!

Tell you what David, I've always thought exactly the same.

Arsenal style of play would have suited him perfectly. I thought Wenger was crazy not to sign him, at a time when Arsenal were crying out for a midfield general to add some steel. They were a perfect match and I really think they could have won the prem by now if they'd signed him.

Was a bit disappointed to see him sign for United instead .......... but not as disappointed as he must be now.

Reckon he'll go to Everton in Jan if Mourhino doesn't give him some game time and then I'd be fecking gutted !!

Are you listening Arsene....it's never too late.....

If Arsenal are well-placed at New Year then he could do worse than sign Schneiderlin. He might make the difference at the end of the season, and Wenger's contract goes out next summer. He might go out in a burst of glory and not like a damp squib.

Not sure I get the love in with Schniederlin. He threw his toys out as bad as any of the defectors. We have moved on and the last time I saw him play (fa cup final) he certainly wouldnt be replaceing rom, classie or davis in my saints 1st team

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

you mean because he's French ....or ?

TBH I always thought Schneiderlin would end up going to Arsenal ...got that one wrong.:thumbdown:

Not really, just saying that despite of all the "he could walk into our team" and the " get him back wishes on here"

Does CP see it that way?

Lot of people with short term memories on here, Morgan would get into our team any day of the week. Turned out to be one of the best holding midfielders this club has had for years, but it seems when players leave us they suddenly become **** in the eyes of some fans.

We were all gutted when he left, yet knew it was coming. For anyone to suggest Clasie is a better player is frankly ludicrous.

He is also **** to a Manc supporting friend of mine who thinks he has been a complete waste of money.

You do wonder after all the effort he has put in over the years to be a professional footballer, whether some small part of him says "I wish I had stayed there and could play every week"........... Sadly though the money monster has probably decapatated that small part.

I don't think we'll ever know the answer to that as player after player will keep doing it; they'll keep smelling the money and go to wherever it is.

I have to say, Morgan is one player I would definitely welcome back to the club. With the amount of games we currently have and our squad rotation he is perfect, especially as no doubt Romeu will be suspended at some point, but also imagine a rotation or midfield containing Romeu, Hojbjerg (spelling?), Morgan, Classie and others. Pretty much perfect for us.

I wonder if he feels it was worth it. He's got the money f'sure, but lost his place in the team and no longer playing for France. His self esteem must have taken a big hit.

Yes, it must be heartbreaking sitting at home, watching your team mates getting beat, watching your country losing, on your 100 inch Wide screen 3D HDTV, whilst scratching your balls with a diamond encrusted back scratcher. If he comes back here again, whose to say he wont suffer from motivation, or become Billy Big ****** as, in my mind, it would seem that we need him more than he needs us, and he goes again to another spiritual home.

Sorry, but those are the breaks and I would much rather we spend the money on a youngster up and coming from the Black Box. I enjoyed him when he was here, and he was certainly one of my favorites, but that time has passed.

We need to look to the future now with players that want to be here............for now.

In all honesty, not sure he would get away with being Billy Big Swallocks as someone like Virgil would tell him straight.

6 years of an amazing journey #saintsfc DESTROYED in 1 hour !!!.

Wonder what he thinks of his journey since leaving? Guess he found himself a Mrs (something that I thought he would never do), so at least he has that.

Phuck him, he made his bed. I don't believe in going backwards, he can go wherever as long as it's not here.

How is getting a player that will improve the squad 'going backwards'?

Would be gutted to see him go to Everton, Leicester or Tottenham.

agreed there, but those three clubs will give him the wages he'd want (80-100k), I don' think we'd offer more than 60k, and I wouldn't break our wage structure for him.

If he truly wants to change his career then I'd love for him to come back here again, and maybe having a French manager too might be a plus?

I'd take him in a heartbeat but I have no idea how good he is now having not seen him in a year really.

My concern is the message it would send the others in the team.

'Hey, if you want to risk going to a big team, off you go and fill your boots. If it don't work, don't wiorry, you can come back to us, anytime you like, on better pay and conditions, and don't worry about the rest of the team, they don't matter and we couldn't give two figs about their loyalty.'

And how long before he's off again?

Nah. I would prefer if we found soemoen new to fill the spot, if we need it. A few months ago I might have felt different but not now.

My concern is the message it would send the others in the team.

'Hey, if you want to risk going to a big team, off you go and fill your boots. If it don't work, don't wiorry, you can come back to us, anytime you like, on better pay and conditions, and don't worry about the rest of the team, they don't matter and we couldn't give two figs about their loyalty.'

And how long before he's off again?

Nah. I would prefer if we found soemoen new to fill the spot, if we need it. A few months ago I might have felt different but not now.

Why are players that leave us for higher wages 'money grabbers' yet players who sign for us for higher wages than their current clubs not? Are there threads on the Salzburg, Twente, and Feyenoord forums berating Mane, Tadic, and Claise as money grabbers for joining us? All seems hypocritical to me but re-writing history and saying all players who've left us were actually gash seems to be the Saintsweb way.