Saints v Man City (U23s) - KO 7pm tonight

trousers

I am not the only one probably but have been actively lobbying the club to telecast the U23 games on the OS for free. Looks like they're listening.

We know who's playing on Wednesday by tonight's absences. It still looks like a very strong side and hopefully the kids will take over from where the seniors left off.

Keep your eyes on Johnson, he is a real prospect and the best forward from the Academy since Theo Walcott by a mile and he is only 17.

Their goal scorer looks a talent. Were doing ok but seem a bit lightweight in midfield. Slattery has been anonymous.

As an aside, what happened to debayo? He seemed a real prospect. From what I can see he was offered a contract extension, turned it down, had an unsuccessful trial at Leicester and is now unattached. Will be a waste if he drops out of football completely.

Not sure the youngsters will have learned much from that one-sided encounter. Too many of our regular lads out on loan so club needs to sort out it's priorities, is this competition important to us or is it just a stepping stone for the better lads to gain match experience? Not much quality on show tonight in red & white, sadly.

Not sure the youngsters will have learned much from that one-sided encounter. Too many of our regular lads out on loan so club needs to sort out it's priorities, is this competition important to us or is it just a stepping stone for the better lads to gain match experience? Not much quality on show tonight in red & white, sadly.

The goal of our academy to get them into the 1st team IMO.

The team was weaker tonight because 5 or 6 are likely to be involved with the 1st team on Wednesday. I think we've got our priorities right.

Their goal scorer looks a talent. Were doing ok but seem a bit lightweight in midfield. Slattery has been anonymous.

As an aside, what happened to debayo? He seemed a real prospect. From what I can see he was offered a contract extension, turned it down, had an unsuccessful trial at Leicester and is now unattached. Will be a waste if he drops out of football completely.

He joined Leicester it seems!

The goal of our academy to get them into the 1st team IMO.

The team was weaker tonight because 5 or 6 are likely to be involved with the 1st team on Wednesday. I think we've got our priorities right.

Yeah, the timing of this game is unfortunate. Had it been the following Monday, we'd have had a much stronger side out tonight and given them a good run for their (loads of) money.

Surprised about Debayo leaving. I was wondering why he hadnt heard from him - and quite weird as surely Southampton is a better place to learn and get into the first team than Leicester who I cant remember having many young players from their Academy playing in their team?

Surprised about Debayo leaving. I was wondering why he hadnt heard from him - and quite weird as surely Southampton is a better place to learn and get into the first team than Leicester who I cant remember having many young players from their Academy playing in their team?

We offered him a new contract apparently, but he looked elsewhere.

Good for young Jake Vokins, I suppose.