Best Ever First Goal for Saints

St Chalet

Was literally just about to type that! Think that Ipswich goal was his only goal for us? Other than JPT penalties.

He actually scored against Charlton in that competition.

Martina for me, that was the best goal I've ever seen at St Mary's. Then Boufal's tonight then Skacel's Vs Yeovil. Can I bring everyone's memory to Bradley Wright Phillips first goal for us? Same game as Bale's, my first ever away game at Derby. That wasn't bad.

Also Dexter Blackstock against P*mpey. It wasn't anything to look at but great goals can be important ones. I think that was his first goal.

I could be wrong about this, but, Yoann Folly vs West Ham?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Nope, totally wrong in every respect, after a bit of research I was thinking of Leandre Griffet vs Blackburn. It's all a blur now...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The difference is that Martina's looked like a fluke, Boufal's looked like he meant it.

I would say all sensational screamers are flukes, in the sense a miss by an inch or two would result in either a goalie save, or missing the goal by a fraction.

MLT screamers aside of course, but he only scored one first goal for us I hear.

I would say all sensational screamers are flukes, in the sense a miss by an inch or two would result in either a goalie save, or missing the goal by a fraction.

MLT screamers aside of course, but he only scored one first goal for us I hear.

Agree but from behind the goal at the time for Martina's, I thought he was trying to cross it and it went wrong (luckily!). Boufal's (from the video at least) looked controlled and intentional.

Marian Pahars - not so much for the quality of the goal but for the context. Saints fighting relegation but losing 3-1 at home to Blackburn, get one back from someone (Mark Hughes?) and then Marian gets his first and the draw with only a few minutes left.

Another worthy of being mentioned in despatches - Jan Paul Saijs (sp?) on a miserable midweek night during The Dark Days. He scored both goals in an away draw, one of which was a real belter, but I can't recall if this was the first or the second.

Cuco. Boufal's was special last night, but you were expecting him to do something like that at some point.

Cuco.....jesus, I struggle to believe it happened!

Benali in third. Not the goal, just the fact it happened.

Boufal's tonight was special, but Martina's was one where you couldn't believe your own eyes, even after watching it a few times.

I was quite pleased to see Cuco's absolutely bloody awful shot a couple of weeks ago, similar outside of the boot attempt, mis-hit, went sideways and about 15 yards wide, it put the Arsenal one into context.

Agree but from behind the goal at the time for Martina's, I thought he was trying to cross it and it went wrong (luckily!). Boufal's (from the video at least) looked controlled and intentional.

You thought Martina was TRYING TO CROSS IT? It didn't go more than two feet off the ground at any point. :o

Another worthy of being mentioned in despatches - Jan Paul Saijs (sp?) on a miserable midweek night during The Dark Days. He scored both goals in an away draw, one of which was a real belter, but I can't recall if this was the first or the second.

Watford away, the belter was a late free kick to make it 2-2 I believe but can't remember if he got the first goal too

Chris Baird scored an absolute belter in the Championship, he might have had 1 or 2 from set pieces earlier in the season though.

At home to Cardiff, absolutely smashed a free kick from at least 30-35 yards.

Bridgey's first goal was a pretty decent strike

1:20 onwards

In recent memory, it's Martina v Boufal. Cuco's swerve was unbelievable but I'm going for Sofiane because of the initial touch and control he achieved

I favour Martina because it does justice to the word 'unbelievable', which is so overused it's practically meaningless. We see goals like Boufal's every few weeks from talented forwards, but watching your reserve right back blam that in really was difficult to comprehend on the night.

I remember David Hughes scoring an overhead kick in the 90's. Was that his first? Was a pretty decent goal from memory.

Also Vignal scored his first with a free kick apparently, but I don't remember it. Dark days of the lower leagues....