Saints vs Inter Milan - Build Up

Lighthouse

Good read apart from the last paragraph....!

Targett is currently carrying an injury and could be replaced on the left side of defence by another 21-year-old, Sam McQueen. Born and bred in Southampton, it would be McQueen's Europa League debut. If he does get on, it'll be another small victory for the Saints Academy. And few would bet against there being many more Bales, Le Tissiers and McQueens to come

Haven't seemed t notice he played against them in the San Siro!

Inter staying at the Chilworth Manor, if anyone local fancies setting off some little fireworks in that general direction, in the early hours of the morning.....accidentally of course

And still rooms available for tonight for any clumsy smoke-alarm triggering smokers or corridor sleep-walking Morris dancers amongst us... https://www.bestwestern.co.uk/hotels/best-western-chilworth-manor-hotel-83920/in-2016-11-02/out-2016-11-03/adults-1/children-0/rooms-1

;)

Inter staying at the Chilworth Manor, if anyone local fancies setting off some little fireworks in that general direction, in the early hours of the morning.....accidentally of course

Yeh saw their coach parked on the Science Park road this morning. Long old drive for their coach driver

This is going to be controversial but a club of our stature should not have to resort to having the likes of Olomola on the bench for a tie of such magnitude. Nothing against him, he is a young lad learning his trade, but we should have thought bigger during the window taking into consideration the two a week games and the fact there were lots of internationals this autumn. By January when the window opens our chance could have gone. Our bench today exposed our lack of ambition in the market last summer!

We have a ton of injuries and are competing in four competitions. We have adequate coverage for anything other than an injury crisis, and having half our first team strikers injured qualifies as that.

My concern is that Inter worked out how to nullify us in the second half in the San Siro. Presumably they'll just come here and do the same from the outset - put two men on Tadic and close down the flanks when the full backs get forward.

Did they? Because what I saw was us all over them and missing a hatful of chances. If that's them "nullifying" us, I'm more than happy for them to give us those chances again.

This is true although it was largely down to the c*ntiness off Osvaldo, rather than Lambert looking amazing. The second half of the season he was off the pace, looked lethargic and most of his goals came from set pieces. A lot of people thought we were mugged off with £4m but personally I was pretty happy that we'd offloaded a player who was past his shelf life.

No way CHDAJFU now.

He just signed for a team who were in the bottom 3 of the Championship at the time, I think that's a bit of a clue too... just had a nasty shin injury too.

Did they? Because what I saw was us all over them and missing a hatful of chances. If that's them "nullifying" us, I'm more than happy for them to give us those chances again.

Yes, the one positive at The SS was the fact that we should murder them at home.

Please, please, please play Tadic, Redmond and Boufal in a front three.

Their speed and technical ability will annihilate them and then I will get to tell everyone who thought that you can't play without a proper striker "I told you so".:smug:

And something about beating a European giant and taking a huge step towards the knockout stages and getting one step closer to Stockholm and a major trophy which would go down as the greatest accomplishment in this clubs' 131 year history... but those are obviously minor details compared to lording it over the simpletons who think Sebastien Haller or Bas Dost would be good signings.:D

Would love to see us 'managing the game' if we are one up going into the last 5 minutes. Cramps, phantom injuries on the slightest contact, going down injured off the ball, changing the thrower three times for throw ins, extended substitutions, booking for Forster for timewasting, crowd keeping the ball, corner flagging, hounding the ref bang on the end of stoppage time. Yeah - fck you Inter.

Forster

Martina

VvD

Yoshida

McQueen

Romeu

JwP

Hoj

Boufal

Austin

Redmond

Taylor, Fonte, Bertrand, Clasie, Davis, Tadic, Rodriguez

be stunned if we dont win, they were garbage at the San Siro and have been garbage in this competition

Edited by Batman

Wow would have thought they could find somewhere a little more classy than a best western, don't get me wrong it's nice there, but it's not exactly the level of 5 star comfort footballers would expect. Most of our players houses will be more luxurious than Chilworth Manor. Still, it will have been easy for Benali to do a little spying on them for the club!

Do any of the current players live up on Chilworth Avenue?

Wow would have thought they could find somewhere a little more classy than a best western, don't get me wrong it's nice there, but it's not exactly the level of 5 star comfort footballers would expect. Most of our players houses will be more luxurious than Chilworth Manor. Still, it will have been easy for Benali to do a little spying on them for the club!

Do any of the current players live up on Chilworth Avenue?

He'd have to drive (or run) from Highfield to get a better view :-)

Got a ticket for tonight.

Got up an hour early to get a container to Somerset early because that particular warehouse are as good as gold and will tip you early. Got back to the docks at midday...... computer system crashed..... been sitting in area 3 for over an hour now just to get the empty off. I still need to load two '20's before getting back to the yard and swapping cab units.

The clock is ticking.

Inter are staying at the Marriott Hotel in Meon Valley. The coach driver was staying overnight at the chilworth manor that's why the coach was there.

Inter are staying at the Marriott Hotel in Meon Valley. The coach driver was staying overnight at the chilworth manor that's why the coach was there.

Was he kept awake all night with someone letting off fireworks? :)

Anyone recommend a good place to park in the city? Don't usually drive to games

Park in the open West Quay car parks outside FV, Staples, etc. (but not the Toys'R'Us carpark) free after 6pm and good get away for anyone heading west after.