Jan Signing who would you get?

ally_uk

You have been given the go ahead to sign one player in January to strengthen the squad. This has to be a realistic signing no Bales, Ronaldo :p

who would you get it and why?

My choice: Sebastien Haller

Why?:

We were linked to him before, We need more firepower up top, Has a good goal goal scoring record. Would mean we don't have to rely on Austin.

Another Choice?:

Recall Sam G.

Some big nasty bastard to play in midfield and get in amongst the opposition. We are far too nice. Chelsea got away with murder yesterday especially their no 3 Marcos Alonso? He needed clattering especially as the referee Mike Jones was letting everything go.

Some big nasty bastard to play in midfield and get in amongst the opposition. We are far too nice. Chelsea got away with murder yesterday especially their no 3 Marcos Alonso? He needed clattering especially as the referee Mike Jones was letting everything go.

YAYA T on loan :)

It's clear we all think we need a striker as that's pretty much what everyone has mentioned. Berahino would have been decent on a cheapie as he's out of contract at the end of the season, and had natural goalscoring talent, but he's recently been found to be overweight, which shows a lack of professionalism and desire to play for WBA, and has done very little in 2 years anyway due to the beef he had with them. Perhaps worth a stab for an Austin-fee but no more.

Ings is a good shout if he's now fully fit. Personally I think we'll go for Haller, it seems we were linked with him at the tail end of the window and he's continued his goalscoring form this season. As for Defoe, he has a contract until he's 37 at Sunderland. If ,and probably when, they get relegated this season, that'll cost them a fortune. Maybe they'd be looking to sell on the cheap but I think he's not a Saints type signing.

Whoever we bring in they just need to put the ball in the net! We have depth elsewhere.

Why do people think a striker is the solution? If you don't move the ball quick enough and create clear openings, then it doesn't matter who is up front. That was the case yesterday, just a little too slow in the buildup and it allowed Chelsea to regroup and block the avenues - so the service was never really there for Austin.

We'll score goals if we move the ball quicker, not sure why people want to reinvent the wheel after yesterday. We're not a bad side as it stands.

Only place I think we are a little lacking is behind Romeu. We have Reed (who in fairness has been good in both cup games) but weather he is good enough if Romeu is out for a prolonged time I'm not so sure. So a decent holding midfielder....no idea who that I though.

Harry Reed has just been injured in the u23 game at Derby and was subbed after 15mins

Why do people think a striker is the solution? If you don't move the ball quick enough and create clear openings, then it doesn't matter who is up front. That was the case yesterday, just a little too slow in the buildup and it allowed Chelsea to regroup and block the avenues - so the service was never really there for Austin.

We'll score goals if we move the ball quicker, not sure why people want to reinvent the wheel after yesterday. We're not a bad side as it stands.

Not everyone is signing players to beat Chelsea - though I'll admit too many are. We're moving the ball as quickly as ever in most games but finishing has been a problem, as has movement in the box. Austin's had some great games but isn't fit enough to rely on, Long isn't clinical enough to rely on and Rodriguez has not had a good game since 2014. That's why I and many would sign a striker.

Good call. Koeman was after him for Everton during the summer for c£14m. No idea why it didn't go through.

Bad call, he's a talentless donkey. Only in the dutch league could he score as many as he does.

If Puel has his way we will play 433 with 3 Boufal type players up front, players like Haller have no place with us.

If I was going to spend money it would be at right back. We need a top class right back. I think it's the only position we don't have at least a decent player in. Martina and Cedric are quite average (not bad, but need improved on) in my opinion. Top right and left backs are like gold dust though (ones that are good going forward and at defending) and I really don't know which one I would bid for. I would be looking for an improvement at left and right back going forward to be honest if I could plus central midfield.

In an ideal world it's at least the new right back plus a top quality central midfielder that can run the game and passes forward more and quicker than our current players. Our current team isn't bad though and showing a lot of potential

If I was going to spend money it would be at right back. We need a top class right back. I think it's the only position we don't have at least a decent player in. Martina and Cedric are quite average (not bad, but need improved on) in my opinion. Top right and left backs are like gold dust though (ones that are good going forward and at defending) and I really don't know which one I would bid for. I would be looking for an improvement at left and right back going forward to be honest if I could plus central midfield.

In an ideal world it's at least the new right back plus a top quality central midfielder that can run the game and passes forward more and quicker than our current players. Our current team isn't bad though and showing a lot of potential

Left back is the position we're probably strongest in I believe A fit Bertrand is one of the best left backs in the league, and he's only just turned 27. If there's a position we currently don't need anyone in IMO it's left back. I agree that right back can be improved upon, but I reckon Cedric will get better - he showed flashes of improvement before he got injured.

Aside from a striker (which I personally think we need as the 3 senior strikers we have can't 100% be relied on to be fit (Austin/JRod) nor score many (Long/Redmond)) the 2 other positions I'd be looking at to strengthen would be defensive midfield (we'd miss Romeu if he got injured) and long term a Fonte replacement.)

I think the performance of Claise and Davis (recently) is not up to the expected quality and has costed us. Therefore, we need at least one holding midfielder who can run and make a clinical passing to Austin. Loan deal for Morgan is good but seems unlikely.

We are a level 4 club and seem more than happy to bend over when a level 1-3 wants/needs our players

We should be looking to take the best players from level 5-6 clubs (AFCB, Norwich, Brighton) or simply continue buying relative unknowns from overseas (France needs tapping more)