Rumours of takeover/investment interest

eling-saint

So this chinese mob dont have the money to buy the club and there is no evidence of the gamechanging commercial revenue thats needed either.

Personally i think 'all' these chinese buyers are only interested in making money, which clearly isnt what we want to see at any football club.

Is Kat Liebherr simply wanting to sell the club to anyone because shes had enough ?

So this chinese mob dont have the money to buy the club and there is no evidence of the gamechanging commercial revenue thats needed either.

Personally i think 'all' these chinese buyers are only interested in making money, which clearly isnt what we want to see at any football club.

Is Kat Liebherr simply wanting to sell the club to anyone because shes had enough ?

I looks increasingly like Saints now represent a far larger percentage of her net worth than most people realised (I'm pretty sure she's nowhere near being a billionaire, assuming the story about Markus handing back his family shares is true).

In which case, she's probably been advised to sell an asset that has appreciated as much as its likely to, and diversify into safer/more income-generating investments.

Who is?

Everton are, Cartman was laughing at the Everton style investment comment and I've read they're getting a 58k seater stadium on the waterfront and their debt was paid off in full. Their owner has only been there a year and I think that's not a bad start to his tenure.

Everton are, Cartman was laughing at the Everton style investment comment and I've read they're getting a 58k seater stadium on the waterfront and their debt was paid off in full. Their owner has only been there a year and I think that's not a bad start to his tenure.

Latest info I read on Everton is that their new owner (Moshiri? the Iranian guy who was a major shareholder at Arsenal) has said he will finance squad improvement.

However the cost of the proposed new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock is likely to be financed by a commercial loan which will be underwritten by Liverpool Council who, reportedly will be getting a sum of £4.4m a year for the privilege.

Most recent info is that the commercial loan will be provided by Chinese investors.

As an aside Liverpool Council (who's leader Joe Anderson is a keen Everton fan) has also bought Everton's Training Ground at Finch Farm and, it seems, has offered more preferential terms to the club than they were previously enjoying.

I doubt if Soton Council would have been as supportive to the Saints although they did provide a solution to the new ground problem by offering up the St Mary's site at a peppercorn rent (or possibly FOC)

Latest info I read on Everton is that their new owner (Moshiri? the Iranian guy who was a major shareholder at Arsenal) has said he will finance squad improvement.

However the cost of the proposed new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock is likely to be financed by a commercial loan which will be underwritten by Liverpool Council who, reportedly will be getting a sum of £4.4m a year for the privilege.

Most recent info is that the commercial loan will be provided by Chinese investors.

As an aside Liverpool Council (who's leader Joe Anderson is a keen Everton fan) has also bought Everton's Training Ground at Finch Farm and, it seems, has offered more preferential terms to the club than they were previously enjoying.

I doubt if Soton Council would have been as supportive to the Saints although they did provide a solution to the new ground problem by offering up the St Mary's site at a peppercorn rent (or possibly FOC)

If that's is true it's a bit of a joke really councils shouldn't be helping out cash rich PL clubs in this day an age.

Tax payers money to fund a commercial football club. There we are told that the councils have to cut their frontline services but at the same time subsidise this, add to that they want more money taken from the south to go to the hard up councils in the North,

I looks increasingly like Saints now represent a far larger percentage of her net worth than most people realised (I'm pretty sure she's nowhere near being a billionaire, assuming the story about Markus handing back his family shares is true).

In which case, she's probably been advised to sell an asset that has appreciated as much as its likely to, and diversify into safer/more income-generating investments.

I wouldn't be surprised.

We'll never know, of course, but MALI group never appeared to have the requisite profile to be worth anything like the equivalent of Markus' share of the family company. I'm not aware of any way of finding out whether he received anything in exchange for the family company shares.

All can know is that the second paragraph of your post is almost certainly true.

Tax payers money to fund a commercial football club. There we are told that the councils have to cut their frontline services but at the same time subsidise this, add to that they want more money taken from the south to go to the hard up councils in the North,

The council will get over £4 million a year just for acting as guarantor, they're not doing it for nothing. Banks aren't as keen to lend money to football clubs as they are to councils, by doing this the council gets money to make up for the cuts you mentioned, by getting a fee from Everton, and Everton get a loan at really low interest rates, saving them money, some of which they pass on as stated. It's quite clever actually. The ground is to be in that area they're developing by the cruise liner facility the Echo tried to get stopped in the 'cruise wars' days.

The council will get over £4 million a year just for acting as guarantor, they're not doing it for nothing. Banks aren't as keen to lend money to football clubs as they are to councils, by doing this the council gets money to make up for the cuts you mentioned, by getting a fee from Everton, and Everton get a loan at really low interest rates, saving them money, some of which they pass on as stated. It's quite clever actually. The ground is to be in that area they're developing by the cruise liner facility the Echo tried to get stopped in the 'cruise wars' days.

The shackles were recently removed from Councils, allowing them to invest their funds commercially to obtain a better rate than they can get on deposits. Despite the fact they all claim to be short on cash, they all, by and large, have massive capital reserves. There are plenty of Commercial Properties being bought up by local councils in the expectation of a yield of 5/6/7/8% depending on the class. One council is even part owner of one of the challenger banks.

The shackles were recently removed from Councils, allowing them to invest their funds commercially to obtain a better rate than they can get on deposits. Despite the fact they all claim to be short on cash, they all, by and large, have massive capital reserves. There are plenty of Commercial Properties being bought up by local councils in the expectation of a yield of 5/6/7/8% depending on the class. One council is even part owner of one of the challenger banks.

Liverpool Council is calling it part of their 'Invest to Earn' schemes but some of these have been questioned within Freedom of Information requests as the details put forward by the executive don't seem to measure up to reality.

However the same accusation could be pointed at some schemes in this area. The Titanic museum and the Gunwharf Tower in Pompey would potentially fall into this category.

You should read the accounts of the council, any council. Their reserves are huge. IIRC correctly Hants CC has about £1.5bn but that seems to be ring fenced for the pension fund, whose liabilities are about £2.5bn.

The final sentance...

"It is understood there are other offers on the table, Lander is not the preferred bidder and that the club is likely to have new investors within a fortnight."

Fingers crossed they are serious investors looking to take us forwards. Haven't read a single thing about Lander that makes me feel positive about them.

Excellent, the Chinese David Sullivan...

But taken to a new level:

The Prem board barred Gao in February after obtaining evidence he had twice been involved in corruption cases in China, one of which ended with a senior city politician being executed by lethal injection.

The final sentance...

"It is understood there are other offers on the table, Lander is not the preferred bidder and that the club is likely to have new investors within a fortnight."

Possibly conflicting with the only 'known' fact, that they were granted a period of exclusivity. Although of course it might be that they were preferred at that time but things have moved on with someone else now in the frame.

Possibly conflicting with the only 'known' fact, that they were granted a period of exclusivity. Although of course it might be that they were preferred at that time but things have moved on with someone else now in the frame.

A bit like Pinnacle back in the day?

The timing of that article, coupled with the assertion that "investment is imminent", is interesting. It almost reads like a way for the club to tell fans the Lander deal is off but something else is coming.

Either way, if the stuff reported is true, I can't see Kat selling to them. They must think they've still got a chance though or they wouldn't be appealing.

The timing of that article, coupled with the assertion that "investment is imminent", is interesting. It almost reads like a way for the club to tell fans the Lander deal is off but something else is coming.

Either way, if the stuff reported is true, I can't see Kat selling to them. They must think they've still got a chance though or they wouldn't be appealing.

Completely agree. There's no chance after what the board said that we'll sell to Lander. It'll be someone who's working quietly and professionally on the deal in the background in my opinion.

The "exclusive" story in the Sun has come from Dan King (which no other paper/reporter is running with).

If you look at his twitter account he is in Stuttgart covering Sharapova return to tennis for the time this "exclusive" came out.

The story seems to have a lot of "detail" from the "PL side" which seems strange for a reporter to obtain in Germany ?

The "exclusive" story in the Sun has come from Dan King (which no other paper/reporter is running with).

If you look at his twitter account he is in Stuttgart covering Sharapova return to tennis for the time this "exclusive" came out.

The story seems to have a lot of "detail" from the "PL side" which seems strange for a reporter to obtain in Germany ?

Redtops often associate articles with journalists that had nothing to do with them. Often the names are made up - like the stories are.

Completely agree. There's no chance after what the board said that we'll sell to Lander. It'll be someone who's working quietly and professionally on the deal in the background in my opinion.

what was the game where some of our fans were singing "Liebherrs out, the Chinese in" ? Palace away I think? :lol:

It's almost that we're in an age where it's easy for anytime to communicate anything to anyone, anywhere.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

or.....maybe the meeting happened in germany and that reporter did the story as he was there too.....

This has been a rumour for months and i cant believe the club failed with any due dilligence and got turned over by the PL doing it !

Also the PL said it wouldnt allow the deal due to financial reasons as well.