Rumours of takeover/investment interest

eling-saint

If the new owners se the club as a way to make money off the PL gravy train it isn't going to be pretty. If the new owners don't get things right all the hard work of the last 7 years could be undone very quickly.

Or if the new owners get things right and provide further investment we could progress to the next level....

Kat doesn't want /can't afford to stay, we need to get used to this. These Lander guys don't sound great, but who knows, time will tell. It's worth remembering that even if they had the millions of City, and they wanted to spend it they couldn't, due to FFP.

We've generally got things right over the past 7 years, so I think we need to trust Kat. I generally don't think she would sale if it wasn't in the clubs best interests.

Edited by SKD

Or if the new owners get things right and provide further investment we could progress to the next level....

Kat doesn't want /can't afford to stay, we need to get used to this. These Lander guys don't sound great, but who knows, time will tell. It's worth remembering that even if they had the millions of City, and they wanted to spend it.. they couldn't, due to FFP.

We've generally got things right over the past 7 years, so I think we need to trust Kat. I generally don't think she would sale if it wasn't in the clubs best interests.

They sound like complete cowboys -and nearly every part of the deal, as reported, smells fishy.

They sound like complete cowboys -and nearly every part of the deal, as reported, smells fishy.

I agree, but as I said who knows. I'm sure the club have done due diligence on them. Why would Kat want to sell to someone who will run the club into the ground if she intends to keep a small stake in the club (also reported).

From a personal point of view I still believe they are being played by the club to attract on offer from their preferred bidder, that's probably more out of hope than anything real substance.

I agree, but as I said who knows. I'm sure the club have done due diligence on them. Why would Kat want to sell to someone who will run the club into the ground if she intends to keep a small stake in the club (also reported).

From a personal point of view I still believe they are being played by the club to attract on offer from their preferred bidder, that's probably more out of hope than anything real substance.

As reported, her 10% stake isn't intended to be permanent, and she'll sell on a set schedule (if she really retains it at all). As for why she might sell to a bunch of cowboys - it seems she's trying to release the value of an asset valued at around half her net worth. The rhetoric around doing what's best for the club probably only stretches so far when the alternative is leaving fully half her money in an illiquid asset that's probably increased in capital value as much as it's ever going to. If rumours are true that the club has been up for sale for some time, maybe this is the only offer in town close to her valuation?

Kat doesn't want /can't afford to stay, we need to get used to this. These Lander guys don't sound great, but who knows, time will tell. It's worth remembering that even if they had the millions of City, and they wanted to spend it they couldn't, due to FFP.

nothing so far suggests that they can or will do that it seems they need to borrow heavily just to buy the club.

Yep - don't want them anywhere near the club but not much we can do about it. Always expected us to be sold at some stage but not to an outfit like that. Disappointing legacy from the happy Liebherr years and with heavy debt leveraged on us the Blackburn and Coventry parallels may not be inappropriate.

Katrina asked us to trust her and I've no reason not to. I can't see her selling to these guys if they are as bad as reported.

Hope you are right Hypo but the narrative of needing new owners to sustain top 10 EPL and the reported (and alleged) activities of Lander so far in having to borrow money and the FAPP test (which was real) don't add up.

Completely agree, if this goes through in the next couple of weeks i hope we are given a lot more information on this shifty outfit. I can't see many journalists wanting to dig too deep into their affairs with the lethal injection deterrent.

Hope you are right Hypo but the narrative of needing new owners to sustain top 10 EPL and the reported (and alleged) activities of Lander so far in having to borrow money and the FAPP test (which was real) don't add up.

Why would katrina sh*t on her father's legacy in that manner by selling to broke and corrupt Chinese people? That would run counter to the only statement she has made as well as her families previous business dealings.

Why would katrina sh*t on her father's legacy in that manner by selling to broke and corrupt Chinese people? That would run counter to the only statement she has made as well as her families previous business dealings.

Do you really think she is thinking about her fathers legacy or having an extra 200m quid?

Morals are ok, as long as they aren't costing you anything.

Do you really think she is thinking about her fathers legacy or having an extra 200m quid?

Well I do. She's done a heck of a lot of for our football club but you go ahead and insinuate that she's only after a quick buck. And then top it off by pontificating about "morals". Classy stuff.

Well I do. She's done a heck of a lot of for our football club but you go ahead and insinuate that she's only after a quick buck. And then top it off by pontificating about "morals". Classy stuff.

Indeed. She would have sold 3 years ago if that were the case.

I can't be alone in thinking that a Chinese takeover isn't going to end in anything but abject disaster?

Chinese ownership has been a roaring success in the Midlands so what's not to love.

Please can we have Zola as manager thank you please.

CB you're mad. Her father owned the club for 14 months before he passed away. He wasn't a Saints supporter before he bought us, and all this guff about her father's legacy is just football supporters' nonsense. That's not to say that she hasn't been a good owner, because in my eyes she has been, even if she is a somewhat reluctant one. But the real legacy of her father is an investment he made paying her out 10 times what he paid. I'm sure she quite likes the way the football supporters hold her father in high esteem, I think most children would, but when she does sell, how often do you really think that she will come back to Southampton or SMS? If never, then what difference does how us supporters feel about her father make to her life?

CB you're mad. Her father owned the club for 14 months before he passed away. He wasn't a Saints supporter before he bought us, and all this guff about her father's legacy is just football supporters' nonsense. That's not to say that she hasn't been a good owner, because in my eyes she has been, even if she is a somewhat reluctant one. But the real legacy of her father is an investment he made paying her out 10 times what he paid. I'm sure she quite likes the way the football supporters hold her father in high esteem, I think most children would, but when she does sell, how often do you really think that she will come back to Southampton or SMS? If never, then what difference does how us supporters feel about her father make to her life?

Odd you accuse me of talking "football supporters nonsense" then go on to come out with pure football supporters nonsense yourself.

Come back to the stadium when she's sold it? What are you on about? What kind of measure is that?

All I am saying is she has been much more than just an excellent custodian of the club/business and I think she will sell it on to someone in good faith that they will take it forward in the right way, rather than any old Arab or Chinese with the biggest briefcase of money.

Personally I think through her behaviour and actions over the last five years shes earnt that respect. If you don't agree that's up to you.

I don't expect her to continue to come back to the club when she's sold up like David Brent hanging around the reception of Wernham Hogg. She will sell and let the next lot get on with it. But that a bloody long way of accusing her of having no morals who will sell to anyone for cash.

Exactly, she has been a great owner but is she really going to sell to a more "suitable" buyer if they will only pay 160m? No way is she personally going to lose millions of pounds for the sake of the club.

I don't blame her I would do the same if it gave me extra millions in the bank.

Odd you accuse me of talking "football supporters nonsense" then go on to come out with pure football supporters nonsense yourself.

Come back to the stadium when she's sold it? What are you on about? What kind of measure is that?

All I am saying is she has been much more than just an excellent custodian of the club/business and I think she will sell it on to someone in good faith that they will take it forward in the right way, rather than any old Arab or Chinese with the biggest briefcase of money.

Personally I think through her behaviour and actions over the last five years shes earnt that respect. If you don't agree that's up to you.

I don't expect her to continue to come back to the club when she's sold up like David Brent hanging around the reception of Wernham Hogg. She will sell and let the next lot get on with it. But that a bloody long way of accusing her of having no morals who will sell to anyone for cash.

Oh dear, you read other peoples posts as you want to not as they are written. First off, I said that she was a good owner. Coming back to the stadium???? That's you misunderstanding old boy. As for morals and who she sells to, I didn't question that. I just pointed out that her father's legacy thing was utter nonsense. The fact is he made a good investment in a club that had a good infrastructure and a decent enough stadium. She has carried on looking after that investment looking to sell for the maximum profit. Time will tell about your view that she won't sell to anyone. She appears to be selling to the Chinese which you have been somewhat critical of - bit of a contradiction on your part there.

Oh dear, you read other peoples posts as you want to not as they are written. First off, I said that she was a good owner. Coming back to the stadium???? That's you misunderstanding old boy. As for morals and who she sells to, I didn't question that. I just pointed out that her father's legacy thing was utter nonsense. The fact is he made a good investment in a club that had a good infrastructure and a decent enough stadium. She has carried on looking after that investment looking to sell for the maximum profit. Time will tell about your view that she won't sell to anyone. She appears to be selling to the Chinese which you have been somewhat critical of - bit of a contradiction on your part there.

You mentioned coming back to the stadium not me.

You have no idea whether she is selling for "maximum profit" or any details of any deal but insinuate what you like.

She's been a fine custodian of the club, she will sell it on in good faith and that will be that. Era over.

I think she deserves the chance to sell it on before people start questioning her morals. You don't, fine.

Why do you keep bringing her up as being a good custodian? We all are in agreement with that.As for coming back to SMS, yes I did mention it, in the context that as she wasn't going to come back (nor have anything else further to do with SFC), why should she care what Saints supporters think of her?

You've already questioned the choice of who she is in talks with, so you need to get off your high horse. But then you go and contradict yourself again - I think she deserves the chance to sell it on before people start questioning her morals. You don't, fine. On the one hand you are going on about her not selling to anyone and that Chinese owners aren't great, then you seem to be saying that she should be able to sell it without people questioning her!! As it is, I am not questioning her morals, far from it. Your comprehension skills are somewhat lacking, which I can only put down to the time of night, as I have not questioned her selling, nor her choice of who she sells to, nor the reasons for doing so.

Kat didn't waste time closing another business (printing ?) that ML had been keeping going so I imagine she has no problem selling Saints to maximise return to the family either .

Unfortunately this is the football world since clubs started to be floated on the stock market to get further investment.

Why do you keep bringing her up as being a good custodian? We all are in agreement with that.As for coming back to SMS, yes I did mention it, in the context that as she wasn't going to come back (nor have anything else further to do with SFC), why should she care what Saints supporters think of her?

You've already questioned the choice of who she is in talks with, so you need to get off your high horse. But then you go and contradict yourself again - I think she deserves the chance to sell it on before people start questioning her morals. You don't, fine. On the one hand you are going on about her not selling to anyone and that Chinese owners aren't great, then you seem to be saying that she should be able to sell it without people questioning her!! As it is, I am not questioning her morals, far from it. Your comprehension skills are somewhat lacking, which I can only put down to the time of night, as I have not questioned her selling, nor her choice of who she sells to, nor the reasons for doing so.

Still don't understand what not coming back to ground has got to do with anything.

Your starting position is people only do right by people so they can come back and bask in gratitude or affection at a later date? You can accept that she wants to do right by us for reasons in and of itself? Because I do.

If you can't accept that I am allowed to look at Chinese football club ownership as something as a flop in the UK in general and simultaneously think that Katharina will endevour ro do right by us then God help you. Is everything in your world that linear? There's shades of grey in the real world sunshine.

Kat didn't waste time closing another business (printing ?) that ML had been keeping going so I imagine she has no problem selling Saints to maximise return to the family either .

Unfortunately this is the football world since clubs started to be floated on the stock market to get further investment.

TBF her bank balance is her fathers legacy rather than any company..I am sure she thought about those people she was putting out of work but ultimately she has to look after her own family first rather than a bunch of strangers.

There don't appear to many other options to sell to, and with the team going backwards it is likely waiting for a better buyer will only see the price she gets decreasing.

The fact remains that if Lander don't pass the FPPT they won't be allowed to buy the club. Apparently, the club were told they wouldn't, and then the stuff about Lander's head honcho being involved in a massive bribery scandal comes out. It doesn't exactly improve his chances does it.

The authorities have rightly been criticised in the past for letting all sorts of crooks and chancers buy clubs. I think they are tightening up their act. From their perspective, Lander shouldn't be allowed to buy the club because they don't have a pot to ****** in and they have been involved in illegal activities (bribery) on a grand scale.

I'm still hoping Lander are being used as a smokescreen to allow the real buyers privacy until the deal is signed. I just can't see how Lander will be allowed by the relevant authorities to own a Premier League club.

Edited by Wade Garrett

Lol. CB I know you like to portray yourself as the forum intellect, but when you start playing the man rather than the ball, your self-aggrandisement becomes all too transparent.

You seem not to be reading what I wrote, instead coming out with all sorts of fallacies. That's fine, but somewhat a waste of time going over and over them again especially as I thought the last sentence on my previous post was unequivocal.

So in the spirit of forum harmony, I think it best to just move on.

Lol. CB I know you like to portray yourself as the forum intellect, but when you start playing the man rather than the ball, your self-aggrandisement becomes all too transparent.

You seem not to be reading what I wrote, instead coming out with all sorts of fallacies. That's fine, but somewhat a waste of time going over and over them again especially as I thought the last sentence on my previous post was unequivocal.

Take it easy on him Angelman.

The fact remains that if Lander don't pass the FPPT they won't be allowed to buy the club. Apparently, the club were told they wouldn't, and then the stuff about Lander's head honcho being involved in a massive bribery scandal comes out. It doesn't exactly improve his chances does it.

The authorities have rightly been criticised in the past for letting all sorts of crooks and chancers buy clubs. I think they are tightening up their act. From their perspective, Lander shouldn't be allowed to buy the club because they don't have a pot to ****** in and they have been involved in illegal activities (bribery) on a grand scale.

I'm still hoping Lander are being used as a smokescreen to allow the real buyers privacy until the deal is signed. I just can't see how Lander will be allowed by the relevant authorities to own a Premier League club.

Imagine if Lander can't pass the FPPT, when you consider some of the people that have breezed through it.

Maybe those two bits will be linked....

Can someone more informed than I am tell me if I'm right or wrong?

Imagine if Lander can't pass the FPPT, when you consider some of the people that have breezed through it.

Which is is why I think the FA (or whoever it is), will be a lot stricter now. Especially considering how awash with cash football is now.

Which is is why I think the FA (or whoever it is), will be a lot stricter now. Especially considering how awash with cash football is now.

It must be tighter now. They allowed the chicken brothers at Blackburn through, Cellino @ Leeds & somebody who didn't exist at Portsmouth.

Your the one who seems to want to argue the toss over me saying I think she will sell in good faith and you saying you're not questioning anything she's going to do.

At least you've given up the horse sh it about her coming back the ground for a round of applause.

It must be tighter now. They allowed the chicken brothers at Blackburn through, Cellino @ Leeds & somebody who didn't exist at Portsmouth.

Good point, but am I wrong in thinking the FA have already turned Lander down? I thought it had been reported in the press.

Good point, but am I wrong in thinking the FA have already turned Lander down? I thought it had been reported in the press.

I believe it was reported that they were turned down. Whether they were or not is another matter.

There doesn't seem to be much positive spin from Lander.

We have sometimes done things quietly and I would love it that the club surprise us one more time.

I know I'm clutching at straws but this would give us fans the greatest pre season lift since Marcus took over.

Surprise how- by us telling Lander and it's PLA cronies to f**k off?

Eisner arrived at Fratton today....went into the local pub and the place was absolutely jumping.

They have a feel good feeling....

We are just...plodding along treading water.

The difference in feeling in the two clubs are worlds apart

it seems.

Lethargy at saints...exuberance at Fratton at the moment.

But I wouldn't swap it for the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eisner arrived at Fratton today....went into the local pub and the place was absolutely jumping.

it seems.

Possibly the most obvious wind-up post in the history of electricity.

it seems.

You'll get a few bits with this. Not a bad effort sir.

it seems.

9.1/10

Glasgow's been appealing to the head with some laboured analysis of late, this one goes for the heart -and the difference is noticeable. He could learn a thing or two from you.

it seems.

ObviousTroll.jpg