Rumours of takeover/investment interest

eling-saint

A consortium of multiple Chinese investors isn't very appealing (if the article is true). Has the potential to be horribly complicated.

Given our good performance in the semi-final last time around, perhaps its the club that are planting these stories...? :)

Nice profit for the Liebherrs there........

Let's face it, the whole reason Marcus came here in the first place was because it was a good investment opportunity. They have been good owners, and treated their investment well and supported it through out, and its not a surprise that it has (or will) reaped a good return. The problem then is, if/when they do sell up, how is the next owner going to make a return on their investment?

So what. They're not going to be here forever, are you suggesting she should sell it for what they paid whenever she leaves?

The family paid £13m for the club so it's a pretty decent return on investment if she flogs it for over £200m.

Given she was always going to make a massive profit whenever the club was sold it makes you wonder why she is so desperate to claw back the few millions that have been spent on improving the infrastructure.

I don't think it is right when owner's can be the club's biggest debtors. If you want to put money into the club it shouldn't be done as 'loans'. That was how Pompey got into trouble.

If you buy a house, renovate it and sell it you make your money in the difference in buying and selling price and don't expect to get the money back which you paid for the renovations as well.

Funny how these stories pop up straight before the cup final. Just as the last lot of rumour popped up around the semi final

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Exactly. The media, The PL, Uefa, Fifa, The FA and anyone else involved in the footballing world hates us.

There is no way that this could be true and that we've been up for sale for (at least) the last year.

The family paid £13m for the club so it's a pretty decent return on investment if she flogs it for over £200m.

Given she was always going to make a massive profit whenever the club was sold it makes you wonder why she is so desperate to claw back the few millions that have been spent on improving the infrastructure.

I don't think it is right when owner's can be the club's biggest debtors. If you want to put money into the club it shouldn't be done as 'loans'. That was how Pompey got into trouble.

If you buy a house, renovate it and sell it you make your money in the difference in buying and selling price and don't expect to get the money back which you paid for the renovations as well.

What are you talking about?

They wrote off a bunch of loans initially (about £30m I think).

Providing capital via loans provides various tax advantages so is sensible. They refinanced the Vibrac loan that Cortese took out with a better loan on softer terms secured against Kat's personal estate.

There is no evidence that she is "desperate to claw back a few million".

And I think a "few million" is a pretty disingenuous way to describe something like £30 - 50million.

Pompey was running unsustainably and was owned by criminal families in hock themselves to all sorts of murky interests. They needed to get money out because they were in all sorts of personal predicaments and they didn't give a toss about the football club. Watch Arkadi Gaydamak speaking about Beitar Jerusalem then watch anything the Liebherrs have ever said about Sanits and you might see how stupid you sound.

Your house point is utter dribble and drivel. What drives the increase in value, if not in part the renovations? And if you were spending money on renovations as in investment then of course you would factor the costs into the returns. You're making yourself sound quite simple.

You seem to be suggesting that if the club is sold it should be sold for the smallest amount possible (based on your crack-pot theories of value etc.). Why? Why would that help anyone? That just opens up the pool of buyers to less wealthy / less well-backed outfits.

I have absolutely no idea what point you are trying to make. Do you want to spend a bit of time thinking about it then try again?

Edited by benjii

The key sentence on the mail report is 4 chinese bidders or interests and 1 american ....everything i have heard has pointed to KL and RK preferring the bid from the west over the bids from the east ....even down to leaking the lander one to push the american bid on

Interesting.

Any idea what sort of bidder (wealthy family / institutional investor / corporate etc?)?

Interesting.

Any idea what sort of bidder (wealthy family / institutional investor / corporate etc?)?

look back at how the lander bid was leaked ....bloomberg and jeremy wilson .......one thing we know about the club regime currently....they do not leak anything without a reason or a leverage

look back at how the lander bid was leaked ....bloomberg and jeremy wilson .......one thing we know about the club regime currently....they do not leak anything without a reason or a leverage

Yes, that's fine. I was just wondering if you knew anything about the Americans!

Providing capital via loans provides various tax advantages so is sensible. They refinanced the Vibrac loan that Cortese took out with a better loan on softer terms secured against Kat's personal estate.

And I think a "few million" is a pretty disingenuous way to describe something like £30 - 50million.

Pompey was running unsustainably and was owned by criminal families in hock themselves to all sorts of murky interests. They needed to get money out because they were in all sorts of personal predicaments and they didn't give a toss about the football club. Watch Arkadi Gaydamak speaking about Beitar Jerusalem then watch anything the Liebherrs have ever said about Sanits and you might see how stupid you sound.

Your house point is utter dribble and drivel. What drives the increase in value, if not in part the renovations? And if you were spending money on renovations as in investment then of course you would factor the costs into the returns. You're making yourself sound quite simple.

You seem to be suggesting that if the club is sold it should be sold for the smallest amount possible (based on your crack-pot theories of value etc.). Why? Why would that help anyone? That just opens up the pool of buyers to less wealthy / less well-backed outfits.

I have absolutely no idea what point you are trying to make. Do you want to spend a bit of time thinking about it then try again?

In general agree with the post but have read and reread this sentence and don't have a clue what you're trying to say.

In general agree with the post but have read and reread this sentence and don't have a clue what you're trying to say.

Fair enough, it's not that clear!

I was trying to say that the idea that a big profit is "bad" tends towards a lower selling price. A lower selling price means more likelihood of some chancer being able to scrape together the funds from somewhere.

But this can't be true?

It's all made up by the media to ensure united win on Sunday.....

From sky sports >>

BREAKING NEWS:

CHINESE CLUBS SET TO FIGHT TO BUY SOUTHAMPTON

At least two Chinese companies are expected to make formal offers to buy Southampton after a deal involving rival investors stalled.

The Premier League club held talks with Chinese investors Lander Sports Development last month but failed to reach a formal agreement.

CITIC Securities, an investment bank in China, and Amer International are preparing to make formal offers of around £240m, according to Reuters. More on SkySports.com and Sky Sports News HQ (channel 406) soon!

From sky sports >>

BREAKING NEWS:

At least two Chinese companies are expected to make formal offers to buy Southampton after a deal involving rival investors stalled.

The Premier League club held talks with Chinese investors Lander Sports Development last month but failed to reach a formal agreement.

CITIC Securities, an investment bank in China, and Amer International are preparing to make formal offers of around £240m, according to Reuters. More on SkySports.com and Sky Sports News HQ (channel 406) soon!

Sky's breaking news is about 12 hours behind the Daily Mail's report.

Blackbridge cross borders fella seems a bit up himself and his twitter account is just a bit unprofesional

https://twitter.com/Ajarvis8

Alexander Jarvis‏@Ajarvis8 Feb 9

More

Chinese owner has really made a pigs ear of ADO Den Haag's finances. Most Dutch owners now are very cautious of Chinese investment. Mmmm that's interesting!!!

From sky sports >>

BREAKING NEWS:

Amer look interesting. Owner 6th richest man in china.

To be fair, I would take anyone who doesn't make it a policy to sell off players pro actively

Very easy to answer the question I know no more than this .....around the time of the Beer Sheeva home game just after the Lander bid had come into the press I met a contact in London that has Board Level dealings in the club and contacts , he said at the time that the Lander approach had been leaked to the press through Bloomberg and the clubs preferred PR vehicle Jeremy Wilson to push KL preferred option on with there bid and this from a USA entity.....I said nothing but clearly the club did leak it and clearly a USA buyer is poking around because it would have been easy for the story today to just say 4 chinese interests ...but no they added one american.

Alexander Jarvis‏@Ajarvis8 Feb 9

More

Chinese owner has really made a pigs ear of ADO Den Haag's finances. Most Dutch owners now are very cautious of Chinese investment. Mmmm that's interesting!!!

Generally you seem to have to work quite hard to come up with football clubs with far eastern owners who are doing well. Leicester I guess can't really think of anyone else. I'm sure there must be.

Very easy to answer the question I know no more than this .....around the time of the Beer Sheeva home game just after the Lander bid had come into the press I met a contact in London that has Board Level dealings in the club and contacts , he said at the time that the Lander approach had been leaked to the press through Bloomberg and the clubs preferred PR vehicle Jeremy Wilson to push KL preferred option on with there bid and this from a USA entity.....I said nothing but clearly the club did leak it and clearly a USA buyer is poking around because it would have been easy for the story today to just say 4 chinese interests ...but no they added one american.

Cheers for the insight sir. Appreciated

2+2 here but seems the club have really made a lot of the UA deal and beliefs, approach etc wonder if any link to them with owner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't Man City part owned by China?

CITIC Securities are the Chinese investment bank alleged to be interested in a takeover bid. They are apparently a division of the Chinese Dept of Finance, so presumably are state backed. It was an offshoot of CITIC that purchased 13 % of Man City, so technically a different company, but ultimately owned by the same people. Not sure what the authorities view of this would be.

Amer look interesting. Owner 6th richest man in china.

To be fair, I would take anyone who doesn't make it a policy to sell off players pro actively

To sell a player proactively implies that we hawk players round other clubs. There is not a shred of evidence that we do that.