Rumours of takeover/investment interest

eling-saint

I won't shed a tear if this deal falls through. Still, I was worried that Lander were simply too broke to finalize the transaction so the article is a little more encouraging on that front.

The reason the deal is seemingly being held up is because the its so reliant on debt.

I won't shed a tear if this deal falls through. Still, I was worried that Lander were simply too broke to finalize the transaction so the article is a little more encouraging on that front.

If it's taken Lander that long to get the funds out of China to buy us, then how long will it take them to get some funds to actually invest in the club (if they want to)? Which means any funds for investment will need to be raised in the UK, which means debt. I wish Kat would pull the plug on the deal now.

Says who

It's well-known that the deal is heavily reliant on debt and it's well-known that the government has been putting up regulatory hurdles for outward M&A. It's especially the case for highly leveraged deals or deals that lack a clear strategic or commercial rationale (the government is particularly worried about capital flight and fake transactions aimed at moving money out of the country).

It's well-known that the deal is heavily reliant on debt and it's well-known that the government has been putting up regulatory hurdles for outward M&A. It's especially the case for highly leveraged deals or deals that lack a clear strategic or commercial rationale (the government is particularly worried about capital flight and fake transactions aimed at moving money out of the country).

Thanks

Piece by Sam Wallace in The Telegraph today suggests the funds are in place, but it's getting the permission to send them from China that is the remaining issue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/30/chinese-company-lander-holdings-risk-missing-chance-buy-controlling/

Posted the same link above. Would Lander have trouble getting access to money from China even if this all goes through?

Today was D-day apparently to buy the club, yet they are still suggesting Lander dont have the money.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2017/08/01/stick-twist-lander-deadline-buy-saints-expires-leaving-next-move-liebherr/

"For Liebherr and UBS the irony is that by sticking with Lander they could have lost an alternative Chinese buyer who had the money ready and with an easier route to getting it to Liebherr. Those talks were believed to have come unstuck over Liebherr’s requirement to hold 20% of the club’s shares. That Chinese buyer is now believed to have turned their focus elsewhere."

Maybe it was that Dalian Wanda fella....? ;)

"The plus side for Liebherr is that if she instructs UBS to reopen the bidding for the club there are already understood to be new investors ready to get involved. While Chinese money may have dried up, the English club market is of real interest to US owners and at least one is known to be interested."

Anyone seen Mr Allen's yacht recently....? :)

Edited by trousers

Today was D-day apparently to buy the club, yet they are still suggesting Lander dont have the money.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2017/08/01/stick-twist-lander-deadline-buy-saints-expires-leaving-next-move-liebherr/

The article seems to say that Lander are both having difficulty raising the money, and in getting it out of the country.

I hope that if she still wants to sell, Kat reopens the bidding.

"For Liebherr and UBS the irony is that by sticking with Lander they could have lost an alternative Chinese buyer who had the money ready and with an easier route to getting it to Liebherr. Those talks were believed to have come unstuck over Liebherr’s requirement to hold 20% of the club’s shares. That Chinese buyer is now believed to have turned their focus elsewhere."

If only the other Chinese bidder had a daughter who went shopping with Kat....