Rumours of takeover/investment interest

eling-saint

People actually read my posts? I'd have tried to make them more intellectual if I'd known.

Whenever I read one of your posts it's like I've woken up in some kind of recurring dream world where the same things happen again and again.

How can some Chinese outfit that lost £ 35M on turnover of £ 307M buy a club for £ 200M? Either the Chinese government bankrolls these deals or they have some of the most daft bankers in the world willing to lend money to any incompetent business they can find.

How can some Chinese outfit that lost £ 35M on turnover of £ 307M buy a club for £ 200M? Either the Chinese government bankrolls these deals or they have some of the most daft bankers in the world willing to lend money to any incompetent business they can find.

Funded by the Beijing Municipal Government according to this article

http://mobile.ytsports.cn/news-2452.html

lander sports.png

On 23rd April Lander Sports Development CO LTD announced it intends to set up a Sports and Cultural Fund with Beijing Cultural Center Construction & Development Fund Management Co Ltd.

The fund size will be RMB 1 billion and will invest in global high-quality sports and cultural startups, especially those which focus on the culture industry, sports fashion and sports events operation.

Lander Sports is a Hangzhou-based public company which changed its main business from property development and sales to a sports-related business and changed its name from “LANDER REAL ESTATE CO LTD” to “LANDER SPORTS DEVELOPMENT CO LTD” in July 2015.

Beijing Cultural Center Construction & Development Fund Management Co Ltd, set up in August 2015, is 100 percent owned by Beijing Cultural Investment and Development Group Co Ltd. which is itself directly under the Beijing Municipal Government.

On 12th April Lander Sports Development CO LTD signed a strategic agreement with the Curling Champions Tour (CCT) China GmbH Switzerland to promote winter sports in China.

Source : Lander Sports

Proofread by Sean O Diobhilin

I'm a little cautious about this news. I like how we are at the moment. We've made fantastic strides and it's a ride I don't want to end. You can do due-diligence, but their intentions can't always be guranteed.

I love that Kat just leaves football decisions to Les etc & we just get on with it.

(Props to Monk for posting about this news some time ago)

lander sports.png

On 23rd April Lander Sports Development CO LTD announced it intends to set up a Sports and Cultural Fund with Beijing Cultural Center Construction & Development Fund Management Co Ltd.

The fund size will be RMB 1 billion and will invest in global high-quality sports and cultural startups, especially those which focus on the culture industry, sports fashion and sports events operation.

Lander Sports is a Hangzhou-based public company which changed its main business from property development and sales to a sports-related business and changed its name from “LANDER REAL ESTATE CO LTD” to “LANDER SPORTS DEVELOPMENT CO LTD” in July 2015.

Beijing Cultural Center Construction & Development Fund Management Co Ltd, set up in August 2015, is 100 percent owned by Beijing Cultural Investment and Development Group Co Ltd. which is itself directly under the Beijing Municipal Government.

On 12th April Lander Sports Development CO LTD signed a strategic agreement with the Curling Champions Tour (CCT) China GmbH Switzerland to promote winter sports in China.

1 billion RMB = £118m

lander sports.png

RMB 1bn isn't that much and pales in significance compared to their other funding sources. They're cited elsewhere on the thread.

Big face palm to all those giving it "NO WAY and "NOT WELCOME" our continual improvement since 2009 means this is inevitable, we can't go any further without big big money, yes that perhaps brings with it an amount of risk, but it may also project Southampton Football Club onto the world stage and make us real big hitters in world football......I swear some people on here would rather we were a small "fan owned" club in division four.

God how long have I been saying that.

Well they certainly aren't buying the whole club with that fund!

The entire Lander company is valued at only half of Kat's estimated personal wealth, and as they are running at a loss, they would have to borrow heavily to raise the funds to buy the club. It looks very much like a Chinese equivalent of SISU.

The entire Lander company is valued at only half of Kat's estimated personal wealth, and as they are running at a loss, they would have to borrow heavily to raise the funds to buy the club. It looks very much like a Chinese equivalent of SISU.

They've attracted over £5bn in private equity funding.

They've attracted over £5bn in private equity funding.

Holy moly - I won't post my Ken Dulieu pics just yet then...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/marc-jackson-4671686

Specialties: Complex distressed takeovers of Football clubs or management delivery of high level transition teams into distressed companies.

Beyond parody.

There is one lie on there already, he claims in 1996 he was working at centreprise, he wasn't, he was a photocopier salesman for a company in hedge end. I know this because I was also working there. IIRC he joined from another photocopier company in bornemouth.

There is one lie on there already, he claims in 1996 he was working at centreprise, he wasn't, he was a photocopier salesman for a company in hedge end. I know this because I was also working there. IIRC he joined from another photocopier company in bornemouth.

He isn't a director of IBASE either.

Two problems with the Chinese bid that I can see. Someone mentioned earlier that Saints need big money to advance. This lot don't seem to have big money. In fact they have less than Kat and we would be their biggest asset. With Kat we were one of the smallest.

Secondly from what I've read it's been more about what we could do for them in terms of profile etc rather than what they could do for us.

So, other than Bloomberg noting the suspension of Lander shares, they have nothing to report due to the club and Katrina, quite rightly in a period of exclusivity, not responding to their calls.

It is hard to see any benefit for a company as small as Lander spending all their money buying a club, then investing rather than asset stripping....

Edited by Kingsland Red

The reporter of that article tweeted the following:

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja

Lander, the Chinese co. keen to buy Southampton, has requested its shares remain suspended because of possibility of a "major" acquisition

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja

In its statement, Lander didn't name what it's acquisition targets were.

Lander has acquired an asset so large that it requires restructuring, appears to be the story:

"Shares in Lander Sports Development Co. have not traded since October, and the company requires the suspension to remain pending “major asset restructuring,”"

I was concerned that Saints were simply too big an acquisition for this relatively small property developer, recently turned sports asset owner. Putting 2 and 2 together it sounds like something massive has gone through for them (i.e. an agreement to purchase). If this is the case I do not see it as a good thing. Hopefully I got my math wrong.

Lander has acquired an asset so large that it requires restructuring, appears to be the story:

"Shares in Lander Sports Development Co. have not traded since October, and the company requires the suspension to remain pending “major asset restructuring,”"

I was concerned that Saints were simply too big an acquisition for this relatively small property developer, recently turned sports asset owner. Putting 2 and 2 together it sounds like something massive has gone through for them (i.e. an agreement to purchase). If this is the case I do not see it as a good thing. Hopefully I got my math wrong.

I hope it's not the Chinese version of 'Micky Fialka' & Pinnacle who's buying us.

Just going on my gut feel, but something doesn't feel 'right' about this (if indeed there is actually something of this ilk happening)

My incredibly un-educated & un-researched opinion is that unless a prospective purchaser is both well intentioned & completely loaded, I'm quite happy to keep going as we are. The Liebherr ownership has been utterly fantastic.