Rumours of takeover/investment interest

eling-saint

No ****ing thanks.

Depends on how much of a 'hand on approach' they have.

If it is similar to what we currently have (except willing to pump more of their own money in) and keep the same footballing decision makers, I wouldn't be too against this.

If/When she does finally sell, I would hope that Kat has enough about her, to sell to it a buyer in the clubs best interest, not just to the highest bidder!

Depends on how much of a 'hand on approach' they have.

If it is similar to what we currently have (except willing to pump more of their own money in) and keep the same footballing decision makers, I wouldn't be too against this.

If/When she does finally sell, I would hope that Kat has enough about her, to sell to it a buyer in the clubs best interest, not just to the highest bidder!

I agree. The worst thing possible would be an owner who wants to impose themselves and change our whole ethos.

It must be true.... I've found a Swiss ice hockey connection....

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL3N1C6447

30th September 2016: Lander Sports Development Co Ltd says it enters into cooperation agreement with Switzerland firm EHC Biel holding AG, to cooperate in equity areas and winter sports areas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EHC_Biel

EHC Biel is a professional ice hockey club based in the bilingual city of Biel/Bienne, Switzerland and plays in the National League A.

100% No - i doubt Katerina would really want to sell anyways, the club is doing well and she has an excellent team running it & she definitely doesn't need the money.

Our price is surely only going to continue going up with years left of the current Sky/BT deal as well.

http://www.lander.com.cn/about.php

Lander Sports Development Co., Ltd. was established in 1995, is headquartered in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, is listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange Sports, Inc. (stock code: 000 558 )

Company to "blue sky make people healthy and happy life" for the corporate vision of "416 Strategy" for enterprise development strategy, following the sports market, internationalization, networking, securities of the "four modernizations" policy on a global scale within the layout sports, sports media, sports, finance, sports networks, sports estate, Physical education six platforms, committed to creating a cluster composed by a number of business integration and development of the sports industry ecosystem.

Under the guidance of the principle of the four modernizations, and actively explore the Rhine sports, notable achievements, has initially formed a six platform as the core of the sports industry ecosystem. Now owned by the authorized official FIBA ​​Stankovic Continental Champions Cup, and the Asian Basketball Federation officially licensed vocational Asian Basketball Challenge tournament two major brands, and has organized a sports Rhine Stankovic Cup 2015 Continental basketball 2015 China Yuhang WBC World boxing Championship, National family fitness challenge and other international events; sports has a leading mobile internet platform - "Sports World", enter the network sports channel; and the China Sports Daily industry headquarters to establish a comprehensive partnership to enter the field of sports culture; cooperation with Zhejiang Huanglong Sports development Co., Ltd. was established in Zhejiang Huanglong Rhine sports operations planning Ltd. to build sports brand events, and jointly apply for the establishment of Zhejiang sports property rights trading center; in cooperation with the Huangshan Municipal people's Government to create "China Huangshan international outdoor sports base", the sports industry to open a precedent for cooperation between government and enterprises; and Hangzhou Sports development Group jointly operate Zhejiang Women, test the water sports industry mixed ownership reform; jointly limited Zhejiang Huanglong Sports the company, CCB international two industry-leading companies, the establishment of the nation's largest, scale 5 billion fund of Zhejiang sports industries; well-known gaming brands and has established Lander gaming culture development Co., involved in the gaming areas; Hangzhou has a well-known fitness brand - Pegasus fitness and established companies stadiums, open sport estate channel ......

Future, Rhine sport will accelerate the realization of modern business excellence across to the development of sports industry as its mission, robust layout, Plough, to achieve "blue sky make people healthy and happy life," a bright vision and work.

Well, that's clarified things somewhat.... :rolleyes:

Would be a "no" from me, can't get much better owners than we currently have.

But they were never going to own us for ever, this was always on the horizon sooner or later I guess.

If we got owners who didn't sell our best players every Summer it would be better. It's difficult to get too carried away with another VVD masterclass when it jsut means he will be sold in the Summer to the highest bidder.

No one can profess to have a clue what this would mean for us, but it would certainly be sad to lose Katharina, whose time at the club has been absolutely brilliant. If there are talks, we can only hope she's gaining assurances about the way they'll run the club.

If it is true are you going to rule it out being good before you know any details of their plans?

I think what is key is that Les Reed remain in charge of footballing decisions. He is the footballing constant in the last 6 years.

Yep, this exactly.

Why not?

well this for one.... A Premier League soccer team is likely to be among Lander’s biggest assets, given its finances. The company announced a loss of 292.2 million yuan ($44.8 million) on sales of 2.6 billion yuan for the year ended Sept. 30.

More suited to the blue few than us!

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

So, the Bloomberg story on #saintsfc - when a highly regarded financial media company splashes this out, you have to take it seriously. The figure of 200M is fair according to my City friend, but it is not in interests of Lander to leak it - is KL starting a bidding war?

No thanks, stability of ownership and behind the scenes structure has been key to our success.

Plus I don't like this in the article -

Lander’s interest in Southampton may have been stimulated by the team’s successful youth academy. In recent years it’s made millions of pounds in transfer fees after developing players including Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale, Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana and Manchester United defender Luke Shaw.

Doesn't sound so much as they want to invest, more that they want to make quick bucks.

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

So, the Bloomberg story on #saintsfc - when a highly regarded financial media company splashes this out, you have to take it seriously. The figure of 200M is fair according to my City friend, but it is not in interests of Lander to leak it - is KL starting a bidding war?

Well if it is true lets hope they are Man City type owners or we could be the next Blackburn, Villa, Leeds or a host of other clubs with crap owners....

What we want is a super wealthy individual who doesn't mind putting up lotsa cash to make us successful, whereas this sounds like, gulp, another reverse takeover :scared:.

Apparently they lost $45 million last year so might want us as a cash cow. Selling players produced by the academy already gets a mention in the above links. It doesn't sound as if they would want to push us forward with investment and unfortunately the term asset strippers keeps coming to mind.

Still, we have only limited info to go on right now but they don't really sound like a cashed up outfit and, of course, it would no doubt lead to an entirely new direction for the famous catering department ...

No thanks, stability of ownership and behind the scenes structure has been key to our success.

Plus I don't like this in the article -

Doesn't sound so much as they want to invest, more that they want to make quick bucks.

The profitability of the academy is one of the main reasons Markus took over. Just because it's about money doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

Journo at pre-match press conference now stirring things up...asking Puel if he would have expected to be kept informed by the Southampton board about any takeover discussions or negotiations....

A conspiracy theorist might conclude that this story has been planted by the Italians to disturb our preparations....

Im not one of these people that fears money and big business in football. A lot of the times the motivations are aligned. If the club's fundamentals are strong and performs on the pitch its value goes up and the owners make a lot of money, good for them.

But it needs to be the right owners and think we are so lucky with who we have now. I love how the club is run, the academy, the scouting system, the fact we have a philosophy.

Some billionaire will probably come in and make it their play thing spend 50 million on some flair player from South America that gets destroyed in his first tackle against a no nonsense Stoke centre back or something.

I realise we currently have a billionaire owner that hasnt done this. But just working on the probabilities that more often than not this is their attitude. Id want to know their interest in football/management structure before feeling too positive.

Also.. isnt it a huge conflict of interest if they buy several teams in the same league. Team A doing great, Team B about to get relegated. Sell top players from team A to Team B (very tax efficient) and keep both in the league

Im not one of these people that fears money and big business in football. A lot of the times the motivations are aligned. If the club's fundamentals are strong and performs on the pitch its value goes up and the owners make a lot of money, good for them.

But it needs to be the right owners and think we are so lucky with who we have now. I love how the club is run, the academy, the scouting system, the fact we have a philosophy.

Some billionaire will probably come in and make it their play thing spend 50 million on some flair player from South America that gets destroyed in his first tackle against a no nonsense Stoke centre back or something.

I realise we currently have a billionaire owner that hasnt done this. But just working on the probabilities that more often than not this is their attitude. Id want to know their interest in football/management structure before feeling too positive.

Also.. isnt it a huge conflict of interest if they buy several teams in the same league. Team A doing great, Team B about to get relegated. Sell top players from team A to Team B (very tax efficient) and keep both in the league

Can't happen.

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/dual-ownership-of-football-clubs/

Would be a "no" from me, can't get much better owners than we currently have.

But they were never going to own us for ever, this was always on the horizon sooner or later I guess.

Spot on. I think she has protected her father's legacy above and beyond what most would have done. I also would say "no". I was watching a bit of the Man City vs Barca yesterday, before falling asleep, and I really wondered what the teams had in connection with the city save for it being a base. Maybe not so much with Barca, but City really has very little to do with Manchester. I guess football is going that way, but at least we have players coming through the academy. JWP and McQueen are both local boys who have been with the club for ever and have played in the 1st team. That to me is football. Would another investor, especially from China, really want to continue that??