Rumours of takeover/investment interest

eling-saint

I became good friends with Saint David and Saintlee outside of the confines of this forum. Two decent chaps who got innocently caught up in the whirlwind of the takeover days IMO. I know their intentions were always sincere, no matter how people might want to judge those who played a part in the soap opera.

One thing's for sure, they were certainly interesting times!

I became good friends with Saint David and Saintlee outside of the confines of this forum. Two decent chaps who got innocently caught up in the whirlwind of the takeover days IMO. I know their intentions were always sincere, no matter how people might want to judge those who played a part in the soap opera.

Saint David spoke to me on the phone and was bigging up his involvement in it all. I'm sure he was duped but he wanted the recognition when it was happening so he had to be prepared to accept the ridicule when it all turned out to be a hoax.

Wonder how much of an impact this potential takeover could be having on any news around management?

If the club is keeping Puel, then clearly there is no news necessary but the club are savvy enough to release a statement following the review, thanking us fans, we had a trip to Wembley and lets kick on next year under Puel bla bla.

?LOL

An entire summer, and most of the following season pressing F5 as I remember..

But presumably you see that there's a difference between choosing to take profit/money out of the club, and being obliged to in order to not default on a loan of a few hundred million?

Somebody posted that it would be against PL rules, which is rubbish. I don't like the idea, but that is not what was being discussed.

tariq panja (@tariqpanja)

23/06/2017, 10:40

If I was a Southampton fan I'd be wondering why it's taking so long for Lander to complete deal given EPL tests passed ages ago. Cash prob?

I think this is the guy that originally broke the takeover story back in Nov (????)

If I was a Southampton fan I'd be wondering why it's taking so long for Lander to complete deal given EPL tests passed ages ago. Cash prob?

I think this is the guy that originally broke the takeover story back in Nov (????)

If they ain't got the cash it won't happen. Not sure what he's getting at tbh - most on here are happy in the main with the club as it is from an ownership perspective

If they ain't got the cash it won't happen. Not sure what he's getting at tbh - most on here are happy in the main with the club as it is from an ownership perspective

Talk****e on about the Milan clubs worrying about a ruling China has made about foreign investment based on borrowing against Chinese assets, didn't really catch the whole thing but never mentioned saints at all .

Probably that it shouldn't take them so long to source the funds, and if they're that skint then Kat should have pulled the plug on the deal. If they end up borrowing the money from somewhere then we end up with owners with no cash and lots of debt. Not in the best interests of the club I would say.

Probably that it shouldn't take them so long to source the funds, and if they're that skint then Kat should have pulled the plug on the deal. If they end up borrowing the money from somewhere then we end up with owners with no cash and lots of debt. Not in the best interests of the club I would say.

Hadn't thought of it that way. Yep not good.

Lander is waiting for SISU to release some funds .............. Problem is, they want the $ 99.50 in ONE payment

Yeah, that's the bloke. Good spot.

Lander is waiting for SISU to release some funds .............. Problem is, they want the $ 99.50 in ONE payment

Funny you should mention SISU isn't it, as some of us remember your keyboard thumping caps-lock hrld down raging FURY AND ANGER that we didn't sell to them way back when.

SISU were the saviours of the club who were going to INVEST IN THE TEAM remember and you were their biggest fanboy weren't you, swivel eyes?

That happened incredibly recently too. Who are some of the other people (besides Ralph) who are now directors?

It's all on there;

GREENWELL, Tim - Secretary

KRUEGER, Ralph - Director

REED, Leslie Arnold - Director

SEMMENS, Martin - Director

STEELE, Toby Andrew Murray - Director

THOMAS, David - Director

They have all been at Southampton FC for a while.

Tim Greenwell was Legal now Company Secretary

Toby Steele was Company Secretary before Greenwell

David Thomas is Commercial Director

Martin Semmens is Chief Commercial Director

Nothing particularly changed. ST MARY'S FOOTBALL GROUP LIMITED is the holding company.

It's all on there;

GREENWELL, Tim - Secretary

KRUEGER, Ralph - Director

REED, Leslie Arnold - Director

SEMMENS, Martin - Director

STEELE, Toby Andrew Murray - Director

THOMAS, David - Director

I could read their names, I was just trying to work out if any of them had any links to Lander.

Weston has provided the answer above.

I could read their names, I was just trying to work out if any of them had any links to Lander.

No. Have a look at their history and other directorships - they've all been around a while. As I said, it was more unusual that Katrina was a director of the football club in the first place - she's still director at DMWSL 612 LIMITED - the parent company.

They have all been at Southampton FC for a while.

Nothing particularly changed. ST MARY'S FOOTBALL GROUP LIMITED is the holding company.

Nothing changed ? But strange that such a flurry of activity should take place now.

Why not. End of year is 2nd July 2017.

I was referring to the changes being made at a time a takeover is widely speculated. Perhaps of course the speculation is running ahead of itself and it's 'business as usual' under KL's ownership. Which is fine by me.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15386780.Liebherr_resigns_from_Saints_board/

The Swiss owner will still operate as a director of Saints’ parent company, which acts as an umbrella for both the club’s football and non-football operations.

But she no longer has a place on the board of the football club itself, leaving major decisions and day-to-day operations to others.

The moves are unconnected with potential investment in the club.

Saints have been the subject of strong interest from Chinese firm Lander, but things have gone very quiet once again with the ball very much in their court to complete a potential £210m deal with negotiations having ended some time ago.

Regardless of whether that deal happens or not, the new structure, which is believed to be part of the reason for the departure of former CEO Gareth Rogers, will remain in place, with Saints believing it will help them progress more effectively.

Edited by trousers

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15386780.Liebherr_resigns_from_Saints_board/

The Swiss owner will still operate as a director of Saints’ parent company, which acts as an umbrella for both the club’s football and non-football operations.

But she no longer has a place on the board of the football club itself, leaving major decisions and day-to-day operations to others.

The moves are unconnected with potential investment in the club.

Saints have been the subject of strong interest from Chinese firm Lander, but things have gone very quiet once again with the ball very much in their court to complete a potential £210m deal with negotiations having ended some time ago.

Regardless of whether that deal happens or not, the new structure, which is believed to be part of the reason for the departure of former CEO Gareth Rogers, will remain in place, with Saints believing it will help them progress more effectively.

Edited by trousers