Rumours of takeover/investment interest

eling-saint

The fact that it has gone quiet with Lander again is more indicative. If Lander had the funds this would have been done ages ago. Hopefully its not happening.

It could just be the transfer of money from Chinese to Swiss banks. The thought is that it would be easy but there's probably a fair bit of paperwork to do for someone/a company to pay an individual for an asset of this type from a Chinese point of view.

The fact that it has gone quiet with Lander again is more indicative. If Lander had the funds this would have been done ages ago. Hopefully its not happening.

It could just be the transfer of money from Chinese to Swiss banks. The thought is that it would be easy but there's probably a fair bit of paperwork to do for someone/a company to pay an individual for an asset of this type from a Chinese point of view.

• 2 weeks later...

Palace is an interesting one. No other clubs nearby, at least by the standards of crossing London. Who is closest? Charlton and Chelsea/Fulham? To the south, its Brighton. Have often heard people talking about a new stadium and expecting to fill 50k. Why not? They have the catchment area.

As the report says i imagine if you are just after a club, then Newcastle would be the most obvious one to go for with fan base and stadium size. We must be a goodish option too but not a stand out one IMO.

As the report says i imagine if you are just after a club, then Newcastle would be the most obvious one to go for with fan base and stadium size. We must be a goodish option too but not a stand out one IMO.

Personally i think Spurs will be sold sooner rather than later.

Why ? Their owner is already of the mega rich of this planet.

Just been a few stories in the local press in London about interest in them after their stadium is built and mates of mine that are Spurs fans seem to think it's likely to happen too.

Just been a few stories in the local press in London about interest in them after their stadium is built and mates of mine that are Spurs fans seem to think it's likely to happen too.

Well then they should be beware. ENIC and Tavistock are far solider than any fly by night Asian that they're likely to get as an owner. I really don't see that Lewis and Levy would have any interest in selling.

Palace is an interesting one. No other clubs nearby, at least by the standards of crossing London. Who is closest? Charlton and Chelsea/Fulham? To the south, its Brighton. Have often heard people talking about a new stadium and expecting to fill 50k. Why not? They have the catchment area.

It's an interesting observation you make there, particularly as there's alot of money around the club all of a sudden. However, here in South East London we have 4 main clubs: Palace, Millwall, Charlton & Man Utd. The latter has the biggest level of support.

Living firmly in Palace territory I can't see how they'd fill a 50k stadium or more to the point where they'd build it. To ensure decent crowd sizes they'd have to keep it in or close by to the Cronx (Croydon to you non locals) and I can't think of anywhere suitable other than green belt land which won't happen.

Its all gone beyond a joke to be honest and Kat Liebherr needs to open her mouth and explain this total farce.

Do they have the money to buy the club ? chinese sources say....... NO

Do they have the means to improve the commercial revenue, which is the only way the club can improve, thats a big fat..... NO

Following the Premier League saying this individual wasnt fit for purpose, why exactly has this shambolic takeover continued ?

Its all gone beyond a joke to be honest and Kat Liebherr needs to open her mouth and explain this total farce.

Do they have the means to improve the commercial revenue, which is the only way the club can improve, thats a big fat..... NO

Following the Premier League saying this individual wasnt fit for purpose, why exactly has this shambolic takeover continued ?

:lol:

It's an interesting observation you make there, particularly as there's alot of money around the club all of a sudden. However, here in South East London we have 4 main clubs: Palace, Millwall, Charlton & Man Utd. The latter has the biggest level of support.

Living firmly in Palace territory I can't see how they'd fill a 50k stadium or more to the point where they'd build it. To ensure decent crowd sizes they'd have to keep it in or close by to the Cronx (Croydon to you non locals) and I can't think of anywhere suitable other than green belt land which won't happen.

I'm with you re Palace. I lived in the area for many years and whilst they have a solid support base, many of the locals support the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea. Man Utd etc. I cant see them being a 50k club anytime soon.

Can I join in too?

:lol::lol:

So, the only thing stopping Lander buying the club is the 'financial transaction' (the money) and the main reason for negotiations continuing is Liebherr's friendship with Goa's daughter Nelly (who we must assume is corruption / assassination free) - what a delightful mess.

So, the only thing stopping Lander buying the club is the 'financial transaction' (the money) and the main reason for negotiations continuing is Liebherr's friendship with Goa's daughter Nelly (who we must assume is corruption / assassination free) - what a delightful mess.

So Kat wants to sell to someone with money to takes us to the next level but Lander seem to be having trouble even scaping together the money to buy the club....

So Kat wants to sell to someone with money to takes us to the next level but Lander seem to be having trouble even scaping together the money to buy the club....

From what I recall, from the very beginning Lander were reported as to be borrowing to complete this deal.

Yes, I know big business is often done by risking someone else's money, not your own. However does not give me great confidence that Lander would have money to invest in team after purchasing stake in club.

They clearly don't have the money which asks the questions why are the club still bothering keeping this going? Her stated aim is to get investment to take the club further, Lander clearly aren't that if they can't get the funds to buy the club in the first place.

Not necessarily Lander but we need something to happen fairly soon as very clear KL hasn't got any new cash to invest.

To even stay where we are we will eventually nees to start spending a little more, plus keeping Staplewood up to scratch.

How much of their own money do club owners actually spend on their clubs these days? isn't FFP designed to stop them spunking their own money on players and wages. More sponsors and commercial income would be more beneficial, in terms of players and wages, these days than a super rich owner.

That says it all in stating that Liebherr has a wealth of £300m. That's a micro amount for an owner of an EPL club.

No wonder there are no further monies for investment....................

Strange isn't it, after all these years where all and sundry have bandied about figures in the 3 billion + range, the owner has never dropped a hint that she has nowhere near those sums. I have been blasted on several occasions for trying to delude you all...

Strange isn't it, after all these years where all and sundry have bandied about figures in the 3 billion + range, the owner has never dropped a hint that she has nowhere near those sums. I have been blasted on several occasions for trying to delude you all...

Why on earth would she respond to press about her personal wealth?

That says it all in stating that Liebherr has a wealth of £300m. That's a micro amount for an owner of an EPL club.

Especially considering her 'wealth' presumably includes non-cash assets, of which Saints at £200m now make up the vast majority.

Not necessarily Lander but we need something to happen fairly soon as very clear KL hasn't got any new cash to invest.

To even stay where we are we will eventually nees to start spending a little more, plus keeping Staplewood up to scratch.

when you say "cash to invest", you mean `lend to the club' or `burn'. Either way, I struggle to understand why fans would want to replace a pretty stable owner with an unknown entity that, unless we are very fortunate, will simply take us into further debt. That is not investment, its just a change of policy in terms of how much debt the club carries . With all the TV money I don't see why we need an owner to `invest'. All we simply need to do is spend the £150m we get each year wisely.

In my eyes, stadium and training ground redevelopments should be the only reason for us to go into debt.

Again the word `investment' keeps being used. But what does that mean to you? What are you expecting from the next owner - to give us cash that they never want back?

How much of their own money do club owners actually spend on their clubs these days? isn't FFP designed to stop them spunking their own money on players and wages. More sponsors and commercial income would be more beneficial, in terms of players and wages, these days than a super rich owner.

Is Man City's spending based on Prem money, sponsorship and commercial income? I don't know, but I agree that owners shouldn't need to be expected to spend their money propping up a club when the income they get from TV etc is so huge.

Is Man City's spending based on Prem money, sponsorship and commercial income? I don't know, but I agree that owners shouldn't need to be expected to spend their money propping up a club when the income they get from TV etc is so huge.

I think Man city and Chelsea were the lucky ones their owners came in spent their own money establishing them in the Elite before FFP came in and made that much harder. I suspect their owners don't pump loads (or any) of money from their personal income into buying players and paying wages these days as they are making plenty from other sources these days.

Edited by doddisalegend

Again the word `investment' keeps being used. But what does that mean to you? What are you expecting from the next owner - to give us cash that they never want back?

That's what FFP lets them do. They just pay their match ticket (up to 30 million a season now) a bit more than the bloke in Row Z.:rolleyes:

Edited by Window Cleaner

when you say "cash to invest", you mean `lend to the club' or `burn'. Either way, I struggle to understand why fans would want to replace a pretty stable owner with an unknown entity that, unless we are very fortunate, will simply take us into further debt. That is not investment, its just a change of policy in terms of how much debt the club carries . With all the TV money I don't see why we need an owner to `invest'. All we simply need to do is spend the £150m we get each year wisely.

In my eyes, stadium and training ground redevelopments should be the only reason for us to go into debt.

Congratulations! You have just passed the "I'm not a Pompey fan" test with flying colours :)

Would you class a Monkey Chicken Petting Zoo has stadium or training ground redevelopment?

This.

The word 'invest' is overused and largely misunderstood by a lot of people. Think of it from your point of view - if you invest, what do you want back? In short, all investors want more out than they originally put in. Not many clubs have owner who are willing (or able for that matter) to bank roll them, they have to balance the books. We are lucking in that we have found prudent and competent owners who run and manage the club properly.