Rumours of takeover/investment interest

eling-saint

Don't know what everyone is worried about, didn't have any money, suddenly found £220m down the back of the sofa, involved in a bribery scandal, business associates executed, really what could possibly go wrong if he buys the club ?

Assuming the reports are accurate, you'd hope for £15m difference that KL has gone with the offer that is best for the club's long-term interests and sustainability.

Assuming the reports are accurate, you'd hope for £15m difference that KL has gone with the offer that is best for the club's long-term interests and sustainability.

It looks to everyone that Kat has just gone with whoever has offered most. She hasn't let us down yet, but things really don't look promising.

I'm sure i'm not alone in having serious concern over Lander.

It looks to everyone that Kat has just gone with whoever has offered most. She hasn't let us down yet, but things really don't look promising.

I'm sure i'm not alone in having serious concern over Lander.

Look, we're all going to have concerns about whoever takes over. The fact is there aren't that many people in the world with both the appetite and the funds (or the wherewithal to raise the funds).

Key isn't as wealthy as perhaps many of us thought, and is either unable or unwilling to risk more of her inheritance is displaying the ambition that so many on here call for.

I can't stop what's happening and, until shown otherwise, will assume the Chinese are in it to win it instead of working myself in to a frenzy. PS not accusing you of frenziness.

Lander sports if they are borrowing to buy the club would be concerning but I am sure KL will keep some ownership and ensure nothing bad happens.

Lander look like from them blueprints that was leaked that they want to increase revenue through stadium and surrounding areas with fan zones, now unless you cap games at 30 quid no way are we selling out every week or close to it and if they don't cap it then expecting fans to spend more at these fan zones is a joke especially with the economy as it is and a uncertain job future with Brexit for many of us.

I guess the value for them is as you say, buying the surrounding area and developing it. Not so much aimed at football, but deluxe apartments, marinas, hotels etc There's no reason why that won't be successful as Soton isn't exactly teeming with nice areas. Sort of Ocean Village Mk2 but more accessible.

I guess the value for them is as you say, buying the surrounding area and developing it. Not so much aimed at football, but deluxe apartments, marinas, hotels etc There's no reason why that won't be successful as Soton isn't exactly teeming with nice areas. Sort of Ocean Village Mk2 but more accessible.

Could this perhaps have something to do with the docks expansion? The land around St Mary's would be ideal for that. Would probably mean having to move the stadium. But would then mean that the land is worth more to Lander for that use, rather than it's current one.

Have a pretty decent source who is not at the club but works with the club closely. I asked if they thought the deal would go through they said yes. I also asked if they have money they said yes...alot. they also said its just as much about investing in the city as much as the club.

....and having a successful (hopefully) PL football club might help sell/market the whole thing. Personally, having lived near a London club in the past, I wouldn't want to live anywhere near a football ground. But you look at Chelsea or maybe more so Spurs and their redevelopment, and there is a lot of non football stuff going on.

Lander sports if they are borrowing to buy the club would be concerning but I am sure KL will keep some ownership and ensure nothing bad happens.

Lander look like from them blueprints that was leaked that they want to increase revenue through stadium and surrounding areas with fan zones, now unless you cap games at 30 quid no way are we selling out every week or close to it and if they don't cap it then expecting fans to spend more at these fan zones is a joke especially with the economy as it is and a uncertain job future with Brexit for many of us.

Saints' average Premier League home gates iat St Mary's:

2016/17 30,936

2015/16 30,751

2014/15 30,741

2013/14 30,212

2012/13 30,874

2004/05 30,610

2003/04 31,699

2002/03 30,680

2001/02 30,633

Imagine how much more the demand would be if we ever won a trophy.

Have a pretty decent source who is not at the club but works with the club closely. I asked if they thought the deal would go through they said yes. I also asked if they have money they said yes...alot. they also said its just as much about investing in the city as much as the club.

To be fair we were told that with lls, Saint David and the monkey chicken petting zoo. I'll believe it when I see it.

Saints' average Premier League home gates iat St Mary's:

2016/17 30,936

2015/16 30,751

2014/15 30,741

2013/14 30,212

2012/13 30,874

2004/05 30,610

2003/04 31,699

2002/03 30,680

2001/02 30,633

Imagine how much more the demand would be if we ever won a trophy.

I imagine it would be pretty much the same as that.

To be fair we were told that with lls, Saint David and the monkey chicken petting zoo. I'll believe it when I see it.

Bring back Long Lost Saint and St David. They were class. I still have a private message in my inbox from LLS:

Hi

I am just sick of the people who wanna knock others on here.

I went to club yesterday (i do a lot business with the club )

and saw my best contact face to face.

He confirmed the following which has been confirmed by two other sources before i even told anyone on here.

1) the deal will be done in 4-5 days

2) it is paul allen still

3) the ruski story was fed to the echo by the pr guys to push the price and his hand.

4) the club are buying there on shares on the fse at the mo to push thro 51% with roops shares from the board to give him immediate total control.

happy days.

Happy days indeed!!

Could this perhaps have something to do with the docks expansion? The land around St Mary's would be ideal for that. Would probably mean having to move the stadium. But would then mean that the land is worth more to Lander for that use, rather than it's current one.

Hope to god they don't move the ground, it's in the perfect location. Back where we started, walking distance from loads of pubs and the train station, in fact location is probably the best thing about St Mary's.

Would be gutted if we got a ****ty out of town ground, would ruin one of the few parts left of the day out that i enjoy.

Bring back Long Lost Saint and St David. They were class. I still have a private message in my inbox from LLS:

Hi

I am just sick of the people who wanna knock others on here.

I went to club yesterday (i do a lot business with the club )

and saw my best contact face to face.

He confirmed the following which has been confirmed by two other sources before i even told anyone on here.

1) the deal will be done in 4-5 days

2) it is paul allen still

3) the ruski story was fed to the echo by the pr guys to push the price and his hand.

4) the club are buying there on shares on the fse at the mo to push thro 51% with roops shares from the board to give him immediate total control.

happy days.

Happy days indeed!!

I got that identical message from him as well....

Unfortunately some good people were caught up by Saint David and those crooks.

Wonder how much of an impact this potential takeover could be having on any news around management?

If the club is keeping Puel, then clearly there is no news necessary but the club are savvy enough to release a statement following the review, thanking us fans, we had a trip to Wembley and lets kick on next year under Puel bla bla.

Wonder how much of an impact this potential takeover could be having on any news around management?

If the club is keeping Puel, then clearly there is no news necessary but the club are savvy enough to release a statement following the review, thanking us fans, we had a trip to Wembley and lets kick on next year under Puel bla bla.

I've always thought a club going through a take-over is at a disadvantage during close/pre-season.

We were hoping you would tell us :)

But they saw the value in taking the brand global!

I imagine whichever pompey fan fed the media that line is still laughing at how eager people were to believe that one of the founders of Microsoft believed Saints to be a sleeping giant ready for the global stage...

I imagine whichever pompey fan fed the media that line is still laughing at how eager people were to believe that one of the founders of Microsoft believed Saints to be a sleeping giant ready for the global stage...

If you look at the amount that will be made by the Liebherr's, they would have been right. With the benefit of hindsight, most sensible investors would have jumped at the chance to take us over.

Obviously it's very different now as the clubs value has increased significantly and I honestly believe it will be very difficult for any new investor to make a profit on us.

I doubt the PL would allow the club to be bought on loaned debt against it, i suspect that was one of the reasons alongside 'criminal' that they turned down 'Lander Sports Developments' in Feburary. I'm sure not long after that, they made it pulbic they were out the running to buy the club. Then it appears the holding company instead was put forward as a buyer. This guy must have one hell of a plan and commercial revenue to change the current situation with this going on now since at least last October. I'm not interested in 'extras' its the football club thats the most important part and any new owner cannot take one penny out of the club. There is a notion that a number of these chinese buyers are simply getting involved to profit from TV revenue.

The Paul Allen stuff was a scam from what i can see related to a jump in share price and at least one large chunk being sold off the back of it.

If you want to do that then you do that - you don't buy a football club.

If you want to do that then you do that - you don't buy a football club.

Agree.

I could understand if they went 50/50 with Kat and/or another investor, with the view of possibly making commercial revenue from redeveloping the surrounding area. But to buy the club out right, just to make money from the surrounding area seems odd to me.

Also, if they really do have 'alot' of money as someone has suggested, why are they having to borrow it to purchase us? £220m should be loose change to someone who want to buy a top 8 premier league club.

The reality is that none of us really know whats going on, how much Lander have and what their intentions are, however it doesn't look good. I guess people would be sceptical whoever was taking over. As i've said all along, if they keep the same management structure and are pretty hands off, I will feel a lot more comfortable.

Indeed. I spoke to him in on the phone about ten years ago where he told me his story about having a saintsfc feeder club in major cities around the world. I laughed at the time but he was pretty convincing! Weird to think how it turned out eventually.

Agree.

I could understand if they went 50/50 with Kat and/or another investor, with the view of possibly making commercial revenue from redeveloping the surrounding area. But to buy the club out right, just to make money from the surrounding area seems odd to me.

Also, if they really do have 'alot' of money as someone has suggested, why are they having to borrow it to purchase us? £220m should be loose change to someone who want to buy a top 8 premier league club.

The reality is that none of us really know whats going on, how much Lander have and what their intentions are, however it doesn't look good. I guess people would be sceptical whoever was taking over. As i've said all along, if they keep the same management structure and are pretty hands off, I will feel a lot more comfortable.

Do you think after spending £220m they will honestly be hands off....would you?

Given the almighty clusterfck the club made last summer and season just maybe new blood is needed but the reports of Lander don't read well.

Agree.

Do we actually know that Lander have to borrow to buy us? Or would they rather just use cheap money?

The Glazer's purchased Man Utd using loans.

They did, but that was in 2005 and since then there has been a massive change in rules on debt in football clubs.

If Mr Lander is minted then he should be buying the club personally and to be honest that part of the purchase is a sideshow because the only way things can currently change is Mr Lander bringing in huge levels of commercial revenue. So, i would expect to see St Marys Stadium renamed with a sponsor and also one tied into staplewood.

There is no debt in the football club in the transaction you described. The debt belongs to the borrower. The football club is the security. He might want to take profits out of the club to make debt repayments but that's not the same thing. He could take the same profits out of the club even if he bought it with his own money.

They did, but that was in 2005 and since then there has been a massive change in rules on debt in football clubs.

If Mr Lander is minted then he should be buying the club personally and to be honest that part of the purchase is a sideshow because the only way things can currently change is Mr Lander bringing in huge levels of commercial revenue. So, i would expect to see St Marys Stadium renamed with a sponsor and also one tied into staplewood.

He's friends with Dalian Wanda.

There is no debt in the football club in the transaction you described. The debt belongs to the borrower. The football club is the security. He might want to take profits out of the club to make debt repayments but that's not the same thing. He could take the same profits out of the club even if he bought it with his own money.

But presumably you see that there's a difference between choosing to take profit/money out of the club, and being obliged to in order to not default on a loan of a few hundred million?

It puzzles me that a water front development plus is said to be part of the grand scheme of things regarding additional revenue. As the land doesn't belong to the club why hasn't any one else started doing it?

Lack of capital? Plus the two locations - ground and waterfront development - would increase each others revenue if closely linked.

Lack of capital? Plus the two locations - ground and waterfront development - would increase each others revenue if closely linked.
If it's worth that much why doesn't some one bypass buying the club and do it? Completely feeding off its neighbour.

I remember Saint David, was he in on whatever was going on? What did go on? Help me Rhonda duped a few on here as well, wasn't that Jon Williams?

With regards to debt financing, I wouldn't be too bothered, the majority of large companies have a fair amount of gearing. As long as debt to equity isn't too high we'll be fine.

I remember Saint David, was he in on whatever was going on? What did go on? Help me Rhonda duped a few on here as well, wasn't that Jon Williams?

With regards to debt financing, I wouldn't be too bothered, the majority of large companies have a fair amount of gearing. As long as debt to equity isn't too high we'll be fine.

Anyone remember briefcase Barry beardall? And Mickey fialka? Those were crazy times.